Insteon HUB (2245) cloud servers shut down

MrBill

6 minutes ago, hart2hart said:

I have an extra plm that was working but I replaced the capacitors. Does anyone know if there is there any liability selling an altered/repaire. device?

eBay is cavet emptor.  As long as you don't warranty it and you didn't make it intentionally harmful, people sell modified items all the time. 

11 minutes ago, hart2hart said:

I have an extra plm that was working but I replaced the capacitors. Does anyone know if there is there any liability selling an altered/repaire. device?

I think you could say just that - as-is, use at your own risk, etc

what's your price? :)

1 minute ago, kenrok1 said:

I think you could say just that - as-is, use at your own risk, etc

what's your price? :)

People say that all the time - but it doesn't always release them from harming someone. (Harm can have many definitions, by the way.)

If you bought it for $200 and it burst into flames a week after you plugged it in and your drapes caught fire, my guess is you would not do nothing.

Having said that, the odds that would happen have to be extremely low.

42 minutes ago, hart2hart said:

As long as you stated that it was modified and listed the modifications, I think you do limit yourself somewhat. Use at your own risk doesn't always release from liability. 

Win or lose, the headache of court isn't always worth it. 

I have an old (2016) ISY994i and a Smarthome 2413S PLM.  Is there anything I need to do such as update the firmware to start using it again?

Also what programs are some of the favorites and why.... 

Thank you all for helping those of us who's Hub is dead getting us back interfacing with our Insteon Switches.

17 minutes ago, captrickr said:

Does anyone have any experience with MobiLinc using an ISY series Controller?  If so which would you recomend, MobiLinc X or Mobilinc HD?

Thanks

2 minutes ago, captrickr said:

I have an old (2016) ISY994i and a Smarthome 2413S PLM.  Is there anything I need to do such as update the firmware to start using it again?

Thank you all for helping those of us who's Hub is dead getting us back interfacing with our Insteon Switches.

First thing you might want to consider is asking these questions in the correct area on this forum (Mobillinc section and the New User - Start Here section). You'll get much better/quicker responses doing that.

This section is about the dead Hub.

UDI has their own app now, by the way.

2 minutes ago, captrickr said:

Yes. Factory reset your Isy per the instruction manual (Google ISY factory reset). Then go to the current release sub forum and download the 5.3.4 firmware. Once done, add your devices.

Programs are individually unique to a person's lifestyle. The Isy is cayenne of great things. You're only limited by your imagination and skill

On 4/16/2022 at 10:16 PM, tazman said:

Yes you will need one for each location.

Yes and it can be tight fitting them both in the USB ports because they are close together. Some use extension cables or a USB hub.

New to everything outside of Insteon.  I too have a question.  The UD Polisy device says it's Insteon and ZWave compatible (I was assuming out of the box ?), so what it the need for the USB dongle ?

As long as you stated that it was modified and listed the modifications, I think you do limit yourself somewhat. Use at your own risk doesn't always release from liability. 
Win or lose, the headache of court isn't always worth it. 

My thought exactly. Love to help someone out but not worth potential of their insurance company coming at me.

26 minutes ago, JohnnyG said:

New to everything outside of Insteon.  I too have a question.  The UD Polisy device says it's Insteon and ZWave compatible (I was assuming out of the box ?), so what it the need for the USB dongle ?

You'll need to purchase both Insteon & Z-Wave dongle for the Polisy. You can purchase the Z-Wave 700 Series dongle directly from UDI. The other Insteon dongle good luck so keep your eyes open for the same. 

On 4/15/2022 at 9:17 AM, gary123 said:

Are there any apps that can take the place of the insteon app - as the insteon app isnt working

If you install Home Assistant, then you can use the Home Assistant app or the Home app (from Apple). They are much  better than the Insteon app

2 hours ago, rawmean said:

If you install Home Assistant, then you can use the Home Assistant app or the Home app (from Apple). They are much  better than the Insteon app

I factory reset my hub, I know, but it's done.  Is there any way to recover to use/try the home assistant route?

3 hours ago, dblee1950 said:

I factory reset my hub, I know, but it's done.  Is there any way to recover to use/try the home assistant route?

@dblee1950I have a brand new Hub V2 (factory reset) with the login info on the bottom.  Enter those details into HA Insteon services to add the Insteon Modem.  I setup my Hub with a Raspberry Pi4 and it works perfectly. Linking devices is similar to the Hub.

As noted above a bit of reading was required and the programming logic with the gui was a little mind bending to start but in the end not too complicated.

I setup HA for my condo with automation matching the Hub in just a few hours.

10 hours ago, MrBill said:

Rob Lilleness, CEO of smartlabs/InsteonSmarthome has now scrubbed his LinkedIn profile of not only his Insteon experience, he’s also deleted his picture and edited his name.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/roblilleness/

He must be getting hammered. This is stuff for a 10 part Netflix mini documentary.

(Would be funny if they made it, then pulled the plug on it.)

On 4/15/2022 at 4:05 PM, apostolakisl said:

Hubs work as really powerful access points.  Much better than actual access points.  I use a couple for that purpose, I do not use the hub as a hub at all.

Does a hub out of the box act like a repeater? That was kind of the insteon(off) idea.

18 hours ago, LFMc said:

Just sold my spare Insteon 2245 hub on Ebay for $250 in less than one hour. Prices are crazy on line today. 

I have an older hub from the time I was a beta tester, and they gave me a newer Hub.  $250 sounds good.  It's weird that the exact device that no longer works as advertised is now more popular.

1 hour ago, Athlon said:

He must be getting hammered. This is stuff for a 10 part Netflix mini documentary.

(Would be funny if they made it, then pulled the plug on it.)

Wow.  If I ever become a CEO, You guys remind me to be a decent human being.  (Remember Caeser, thou art mortal)  

This makes me wonder,  If this company is defunct, then who holds the intellectual assets? Richman Capital Partners?  

Archived