Cannot get two 2477D's to keep ramp rate at 0.5s - had to create two separate scenes

raymondjiii

I saw an older thread about this topic but it sounded like the suggestion did not work. I did try that that same suggestion and I also did not have the problem solved.

Situation: Two 2477D's been in existence for years under control of the Insteon hub and working as desired with both dimmers having ramp rates of 0.5s

Steps:

1. Factory reset of both devices

2. Link and replace both dimmers

3. Create ONE new scene and add both switches as controllers

4. Ramp rate always goes back to 0.1s

I can reset the ramp rate then click the "Ramp Rate" button (I think that updates things) - I can do this for the switches and the scene - always stays at 0.1

My only solution was to create two separate scenes with one scene having one dimmer as the controller and the second scene with the other switch as the controller (the opposite dimmer as the receiver in each case).

I do have MANY scenes exactly similar to this with two 2477D's - both set as controllers and things work fine.

These dimmers are Revision v.45  (all of my dimmers in the house are v.45)

Can someone tell me what is the "Backlight" setting for on these dimmers? Is it how strong the LEDs light up? Because I have them set at 0% now (which comes up as default) but if I put them at 50% the LEDs do not light up in a smooth pace.

26 minutes ago, raymondjiii said:

I saw an older thread about this topic but it sounded like the suggestion did not work. I did try that that same suggestion and I also did not have the problem solved.

Situation: Two 2477D's been in existence for years under control of the Insteon hub and working as desired with both dimmers having ramp rates of 0.5s

Steps:

I can reset the ramp rate then click the "Ramp Rate" button (I think that updates things) - I can do this for the switches and the scene - always stays at 0.1

My only solution was to create two separate scenes with one scene having one dimmer as the controller and the second scene with the other switch as the controller (the opposite dimmer as the receiver in each case).

I do have MANY scenes exactly similar to this with two 2477D's - both set as controllers and things work fine.

These dimmers are Revision v.45  (all of my dimmers in the house are v.45)

Can someone tell me what is the "Backlight" setting for on these dimmers? Is it how strong the LEDs light up? Because I have them set at 0% now (which comes up as default) but if I put them at 50% the LEDs do not light up in a smooth pace.

If you are certain that you set the ramp rate for the devices outside of the scene at .5 and within the scene itself for each controller, I would make sure that your firmware and UI matches to ensure there is nothing funky there preventing the system from working properly

22 minutes ago, raymondjiii said:

Steps:

if step 2 is linking to ISY then you're good. If it's manual linking then no, don't do that.

Once the single scene is created you need to set the attributes 3 times.  Once at the root level of the scene, and once for each controller.

Here's a scene similar to what you describe:

image.png.5cb37b1009a67f655a17079515d6d2c7.png

The root level of the scene (selected in the screen shot) is how the scene is processed when controlled by the ISY itself (i.e. manual control, program control, or portal/alexa/Google home control). Then you must click each of the two scene controllers and set the attributes again.  (each of the 3 controllers could in fact control the scene differently.)

Archived