Where do I get ISY994i latest firmware? (5.3.4)?? and other versions??

Looking everywhere for a link to any of the versions of Firmware. I've secured a number of back up units now while working on finding enough insteon products for the next 15 years. Having great difficulty figuring out what's the latest firmware needed for each unit. 

Here's what I'm planning to do...

1) If the unit has Z-Wave 300 series, it needs 4.9.0. I FOUND that version and installed on first unit, which has external LED, making it a 300 Series Z-Wave supported system.

2) If unit has Z-Wave 500 series, it needs to have 5.3.4. It currently has 5.0.16C, and would really like a back up copy of that firmware in case something goes wrong, but can't find a link to that firmware either.

Why is a table of all the firmware version SO ELUSIVE???

Really....I'm a pretty talented and intelligent guy, but working with this stuff gets my blood boiling.

5 minutes ago, shunsader said:

Looking everywhere for a link to any of the versions of Firmware. I've secured a number of back up units now while working on finding enough insteon products for the next 15 years. Having great difficulty figuring out what's the latest firmware needed for each unit. 

Here's what I'm planning to do...

1) If the unit has Z-Wave 300 series, it needs 4.9.0. I FOUND that version and installed on first unit, which has external LED, making it a 300 Series Z-Wave supported system.

2) If unit has Z-Wave 500 series, it needs to have 5.3.4. It currently has 5.0.16C, and would really like a back up copy of that firmware in case something goes wrong, but can't find a link to that firmware either.

Really....I'm a pretty talented and intelligent guy, but working with this stuff gets my blood boiling.

Must not have looked too hard. Scroll down on the main forum page and you'll see a subforum titled SOFTWARE RELEASES AND UPDATES. Within that are 2 more- Current releases and announcements as well as Previous releases

Since you asked for firmwares for the latest solutions, you'd find them under Current releases and announcements. 

@shunsader

Are you planning on using Z-wave or Insteon or both?

Do you have the ISY994 and a serial PLM, or a Polisy and PLM?

The 300 series dongle has since been replaced with the 500 series

For the ISY with the 300 series you should use the 5.0.16c firmware.

For the ISY with the 500 series dongle you should use the 5.3.4 firmware

13 hours ago, shunsader said:

This is incorrect.  For 300 series z-wave boards use version 5.0.16C.  300 series boards have a blue LED next to port A and report Z-wave version 4.55.00.   

As @lilyoyo1 points out, Firmware isn't hard to find.  even if you went to the wiki, the links there point you back to the correct place in the forum,

17 hours ago, shunsader said:

It must be a deep and dark secret. 

I mean there's nothing pointing out where it would be...right?

image.png

If the unit isn't supporting z-wave then the module can be removed and the devices can be upgraded all the way to the current (most recent) version of 5.3.4. However, as @MrBill points out if you have the 300 series z-wave (and using it) then you can go as far as 5.0.16C.

All are clearly marked in the current release area.

Good luck! Happy hunting!

50 minutes ago, Geddy said:

It must be a deep and dark secret. 

I mean there's nothing pointing out where it would be...right?

image.png

If the unit isn't supporting z-wave then the module can be removed and the devices can be upgraded all the way to the current (most recent) version of 5.3.4. However, as @MrBill points out if you have the 300 series z-wave (and using it) then you can go as far as 5.0.16C.

Good luck! Happy hunting!

The problem is that you use invisible letters which makes it hard to find. ?

58 minutes ago, Geddy said:

Granted the word "Firmware" isn't there, which may be the word folks that can't find it are looking for.   But the language as presented IS CORRECT as not all the releases included therein are firmware.

I suppose it could be updated to say "Current Firmware and Software Release Announcements".

Archived