Matter

3 hours ago, wmcneil said:

I looked around the forum for more information about the referenced Zwave-Matter board, and could not find anything. Any links to existing thread(s) would be appreciated.

Michel posted that, in principle, UD will come with a new board/dongle for Polisy that will cover both Zwave and Matter. I believe that he mentioned a probable ETA for later this Summer. No other system  is as versatile and well working as ISY (on Polisy), with on top the best support in the world.

Edited by asbril
  • Like 2
  • 1 month later...
On 5/27/2022 at 12:42 PM, asbril said:

Michel posted that, in principle, UD will come with a new board/dongle for Polisy that will cover both Zwave and Matter. I believe that he mentioned a probable ETA for later this Summer.

With the update to Thread described in the link below, it looks like it should be possible for IoP (with the promised Z-Wave/Matter board) to join/control any existing Thread network.  This is the sort of interoperability that begins to make Matter look a bit more appealing to me.  I already have a couple of these devices on my network.

https://www.theverge.com/2022/7/19/23269460/thread-1-3-0-matter-border-routers-homepod-mini-echo-nest

• Like 1