OpenWeatherMap PG3 on Polisy Stops After 1 Query

I have OpenWeatherMap PG3 installed on a polisy. Node server Online says Disconnected. The polisy dashboard on Polyglot V3 says that its current status is connected. If I stop the node server then start it again, the Node server online changes to Connected for 1 or 2 seconds, the current weather data updates, then the Node server Online status changes to Disconnected. The current weather data does not update after that. The cloud version worked perfectly.

I was mistaken. After several hours of observation, it looks like OpenWeatherMap is updating the weather data even though the Node server Online status is "Disconnected." I am guessing this is some kind of bug. I noticed that another user noted this. The only problem it causes is that I have a set of programs that cause a fall back to a scheduled thermostat setback control scheme when OpenWeatherMap is not working. I just disabled them for now. I looked at the logs. They seem to make sense with no warnings, errors, or any evidence of the node server stopping.

17 hours ago, ae7nm said:

I was mistaken. After several hours of observation, it looks like OpenWeatherMap is updating the weather data even though the Node server Online status is "Disconnected." I am guessing this is some kind of bug. I noticed that another user noted this. The only problem it causes is that I have a set of programs that cause a fall back to a scheduled thermostat setback control scheme when OpenWeatherMap is not working. I just disabled them for now. I looked at the logs. They seem to make sense with no warnings, errors, or any evidence of the node server stopping.

Where is it showing "Disconnected"?  Is it the Admin Console or the PG3 dashboard or PG3 node details page?

If it's the one of the PG3 screens, you may want to just refresh the browser, sometimes the browser caches stuff and what you see is the cached status instead of the current status. 

If it's the Admin Console, have you re-started it after the latest version of the node server installed?  It could be that the Admin Console needs to re-read the profile files to display correctly.

If you restart the node server does it then correctly display the status?

After I install the node server it shows disconnected until I restart the node server.   This appears to be a race condition within PG3 as it sets the correct (connected) status and then a few seconds later sets it back to disconnected.

I think this may be happening for a lot of node servers but may be random depending on the how things get executed in the node server.

I'll open a PG3 issue for this.

Something new. I got around to disconnecting my old ISY 994 from the LAN. When I restarted the admin console, the Node server Online box was blank. There was no text at all. When I restarted the node server, the box changed to Connected then Disconnected like it has been behaving. All the other data is updating periodically as I expected.

• 2 months later...