Firmware 2.7.10 ALPHA Is Now Available

Michel Kohanim

Michel,

I didn't add an access point or move any. I think I made an error, though, while adding the remotelinc. The ISY software didn't indicate to me how to put the remotelinc into programming mode when adding it nor did the remotelinc manual. So I pressed and held the 1 button to put that into linking mode.

The ISY seemed happy to write but it wrote for probably 15 minutes. Not having added a remotelinc before it seemed odd but I left it go.

Now there are two KPL's which originally controlled all the different lights in the kitchen and surrounding area that are completely messed up. I've hard reset them and restored them but when I do a compare I find them full of missing records.

I restored my backup from a few days ago - prior to the update to 2.7.10 and didn't read your post until after I started a full housewide restore going. As you know, I have a LOT of devices so it's been running for some time and will probably go all night.

I've also restored my PLM in an attempt to make everything congruous.

At this point I'll phone in to tech support in the morning and see if you can dial in and check this out. I can't even control the KPL from the admin console now. I have buttons that are members of scenes and I can turn the scenes on and off from admin console - the controlled lights go on and off but the buttons on the KPL don't do anything.

Wow... this got really whacky.

mark

Hi Mark, as I mentioned in my email I think your PLM is now resting in peace (or maybe not that peaceful!).

Unplug it, do a factory reset on it, and retry. If this works, do a File | Restore Modem (PLM). If this does not work - although I still think it's your PLM - we have to do more investigation just to make sure.

With kind regards,

Michel

Hi Mark, as I mentioned in my email I think your PLM is now resting in peace (or maybe not that peaceful!).

Unplug it, do a factory reset on it, and retry. If this works, do a File | Restore Modem (PLM). If this does not work - although I still think it's your PLM - we have to do more investigation just to make sure.

With kind regards,

Michel

Interesting....

I did a hard reset and now I'm trying to restore a select device or two just to see if it does anything.

The event viewer shows activity and it looks to the uneducated observer like it always did. A series of INST-ACK then INST-SRX then Standard Direct Ack as it restores the device.

Quite a coincidence it died just as I added the remotelinc.

Well - if it doesn't work I'll try and get a 2413. I was just logging on here to see if you support that yet.

Thanks for your help,

mark

In 2.7.10 you can add a device with the same name as an existing device. I did this with a KPL and then subsequently tried to rename the new KPL - but ended up changing names on both kpl-s when answering 'change names on all associate devices' (I assumed this means all the buttons on the same KPL)

To things "i know and read the warnings to late" my fault. I do not have a back up going back to 2.7, so I upgraded from 2.9 to 2.10 and have some issues with key pads. Should I just delete them and re add them. Also you had mentioned that the ISY can send ir codes through the irlinc, so I can make the tv, etc turn on. How is this done??. Ps just ordered my new switches to replace the v35 ones :lol: I know how to add the code, but how do I command the isy to send that code :?:

As I understand it there is a problem with adding IR devices like TriggerLincs right now. Is that still the case and will that be addressed in the next release? If the answer to this is yes, when is the next release scheduled to come out?

New problen (i'm so sorry Micheal) In the same room that i have the Isy I also have the PLM and a signallinc..... In the same room I have 2 switches 2476D ver 27 and 2476s v.2c . I have the little green arrow to write update device, I do that and still it stays there. I cant believe that two devices so close to the ISY, PLM, Access Point, and bieng that the switches are on the same line, that there is a signal problem, last time i upgraded to 2.9 found out that ver 35 was a problem, but theses two switches were not affected, when I upgraded to 2.10 I actually had several switches affected other then the 2 I mentioned. Any thoughts

robandcathy - I had the same issue at one point with 2.7.10. I exited the ISY console, closed the browser, unplugged the PLM to force the ISY to reboot and then plugged it back in, opened a new browser session and started admin console again. That cleared the write icons. Actually it didn't one of the times and I had to hit the write updates button - but it did ultimately go away this way.

Hi all,

Apologies for a collective post:

1. robandcathy, you can add IRLinc TX in 2.7.11 ... they are just basically buttons that you add to your scenes

2. If you actually have SignaLincs (not AccessPoints) then that could explain the problems you are having communicating with your devices and that's why you keep getting the green icons

3. RLIKWARTZ, I am hoping to have 2.7.11 release before the end of the week and it will have solved the problem with RF devices

With kind regards,

Michel

Sorry mis worded it they are access points. :roll: for the two switches I get failed writing device link. They are both different versions. I can controll then via admin console. I also just tried one better by moving my access point to the outlet next to the switches and still no luck. On another note do you guys offer a service free or paid to write programs. I have some complax programs in mind but probably will spend hours setting them up that someone with good knowledge can write in minuets.

Hi robandcathy,

Would you please try turning the load off on those devices and retry? I suspect that there is some type of noise not letting ISY communicate with those devices OR it might be that the devices are defective.

I am sure our forum community is a much better source of help for your programs since we are basically not setup for it and our resources are limited. In any case, you are welcome to send a request to support@universal-devices.com and perhaps Rand or Darrell can help you on the side.

With kind regards,

Michel

Sorry mis worded it they are access points. :roll: for the two switches I get failed writing device link. They are both different versions. I can controll then via admin console. I also just tried one better by moving my access point to the outlet next to the switches and still no luck. On another note do you guys offer a service free or paid to write programs. I have some complax programs in mind but probably will spend hours setting them up that someone with good knowledge can write in minuets.

2.7.10: I created a new program and saved it. The "Enabled" check box was checked, but Program Summary & Program Details showed it as disabled. I had to uncheck, then re-check, the "Enabled" check box, and save it to correct the problem.

2.7.10: I created a new program and saved it. The "Enabled" check box was checked, but Program Summary & Program Details showed it as disabled. I had to uncheck, then re-check, the "Enabled" check box, and save it to correct the problem.

I can confirm. I had this happen every time I created a new program or copied a prgm in 2.7.8 and 2.7.9

However in 2.7.10, for me anyway, it is now just an intermittent occurrence. Every so often it will happen. I haven’t figured out the rhythm to it yet.

Tim

I can confirm. I had this happen every time I created a new program or copied a prgm in 2.7.8 and 2.7.9

However in 2.7.10, for me anyway, it is now just an intermittent occurrence. Every so often it will happen. I haven’t figured out the rhythm to it yet.

Tim

I also can confirm that 2.7.10 has an intermittent occurence and have not played with it enough to determine what scenario causes it.

I just recieved a new ISY 99i for my home and am getting ready to move everything from my Indigo to the ISY. Before I start I wanted to know what firmware version I should be on. The device came with 2.7.0. Should I move it to 2.7.10? or 2.7.9 or leave it alone for now?

The last beta release was 2.7.6. I'd go there and get set up and stable. Make a very good backup before proceeding with subsequent builds as they are alpha builds. This is the voice of experience talking. Keep your backup in a safe place and keep the insteon.zip for the version you are backing up.

After that, you can proceed to the alpha software if you want.

Archived