eisy | home packaging ...

1 hour ago, rlebel said:

Okay so I have the PLM with the ethernet-like serial connector, not DB9. How do I connect to the eisy?

The PLM comes with a DB9 to Ethernet style connector.  Serial cable in the box liner. Many folks miss it and toss the box. There are a few construction posts here on doing it and Smartenit also sold them if they have any left. The DB9 end is a female to mate with a male serial connector on a computer.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Brian H said:

Serial cable in the box liner. Many folks miss it and toss the box.

So I knew from page 2 that I needed the DB9 to USB adapter - Brian you told me what I needed to know - and being a hoarder I went and opened that 10 year old box and found it! Thanks!

• Haha 1
47 minutes ago, rlebel said:

So I knew from page 2 that I needed the DB9 to USB adapter - Brian you told me what I needed to know - and being a hoarder I went and opened that 10 year old box and found it! Thanks!

Now you'll need this convertor cable which will interface the DB9 cable that came with the 2413S PLM to the eisy. The eisy only has a USB interface.

Amazon.com: SABRENT USB 2.0 to Serial (9-Pin) DB-9 RS-232 Converter Cable, Prolific Chipset, Hexnuts, [Windows 10/8.1/8/7/VISTA/XP, Mac OS X 10.6 and Above] 10-Feet (CB-9PTF) : Electronics

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • 5 weeks later...

Sooooooo .. 🙄 .. any news on pre-ordering yet? Jonesing for the eisy.

Question though .. and this may have been addressed but I can't find it, at least an answer to the question: Someone somewhere in this thread or another had suggested that the first eisy (which I know is named "eisy home") might be a "lite" version, with a "pro" version to come later with more capabilities/memory/horsepower/whatever... Is this the case? Should those of us who want the super-charged eisy wait for a little bit? Or will it be a year or three before that happens? I only have one ISY994IRZ-wave/etc and I will not need two or more eisy's but if a "super-charged" model will be in the pipeline in the near future, and since I'm not like some of you guys who need several ISY/Polisy's at different locations, I would like to know if I should wait a bit..

1 hour ago, NFLnut said:

Sooooooo .. 🙄 .. any news on pre-ordering yet? Jonesing for the eisy.

Question though .. and this may have been addressed but I can't find it, at least an answer to the question: Someone somewhere in this thread or another had suggested that the first eisy (which I know is named "eisy home") might be a "lite" version, with a "pro" version to come later with more capabilities/memory/horsepower/whatever... Is this the case? Should those of us who want the super-charged eisy wait for a little bit? Or will it be a year or three before that happens? I only have one ISY994IRZ-wave/etc and I will not need two or more eisy's but if a "super-charged" model will be in the pipeline in the near future, and since I'm not like some of you guys who need several ISY/Polisy's at different locations, I would like to know if I should wait a bit..

It's been stated at some point in November. There hasn't been talk of a pro version or upgraded model. Someone asked a question did to "home" being in the name. Michel did state that a new system would be released at some point years down the road. 

Edited by lilyoyo1
5 minutes ago, Techman said:

The difference between the two eisy versions will be RAM and STORAGE

• Intel Celeron Quad Core @2.9Ghz (max)
  • WiFi 6
  • Bluetooth 5.2 (with BLE)
  • 1 GB Ethernet port
  • 4 USB 3.0 ports
  • 2 HDMI ports (4K video)
  • NVMe slot for up to 1GB storage 
  • Micro SD Card slot for more storage
  • VESA mounting brackets 
  • Fanless

Basic 

4GB RAM | 64GB eMMC

Next
8GB RAM | 128GB eMMC

I have been on a trip and somewhat forgot...... Can we already  (pre) order the eisy ? I know that we can pre-order the Z-Matter board but don't remember about the eisy.

On 10/28/2022 at 3:40 PM, Techman said:

The difference between the two eisy versions will be RAM and STORAGE

• Intel Celeron Quad Core @2.9Ghz (max)
  • WiFi 6
  • Bluetooth 5.2 (with BLE)
  • 1 GB Ethernet port
  • 4 USB 3.0 ports
  • 2 HDMI ports (4K video)
  • NVMe slot for up to 1GB storage 
  • Micro SD Card slot for more storage
  • VESA mounting brackets 
  • Fanless

Basic 

4GB RAM | 64GB eMMC

Next
8GB RAM | 128GB eMMC

Thank you! That's what I wanted to know. I just don't want to buy early and then 6-months to a year down the road find out there was a much improved model. I understand that yearS down the road there might be something new.

4 hours ago, Techman said:

The version with additional ram and storage would be more for developers. Unless you have a huge installation, the basic version is more than adequate.

If you wait long enough, there will always be something new

I don't mind paying a little more, just in case. Even if I won't need it. I just don't want to find out a few months or a year down the road that I'm already obsolete. 4-5 years or more? .. it's understandable.

Hello everyone,

Apologies for the radio silence. We got the samples and, unfortunately, the basic version (4G/64GB) didn't work as expected. So, just so that we save time, we decided to have an 8GB/64GB to start with which works fabulously nicely! Waiting for 2 more samples. I think we can still make mid November. 

With kind regards,
Michel

• Like 13
25 minutes ago, Michel Kohanim said:

Hello everyone,

Apologies for the radio silence. We got the samples and, unfortunately, the basic version (4G/64GB) didn't work as expected. So, just so that we save time, we decided to have an 8GB/64GB to start with which works fabulously nicely! Waiting for 2 more samples. I think we can still make mid November. 

With kind regards,
Michel

Good lining there!

Can we order?

Can they ship the same time as the Z-Wave board? Pretty please...

Edited by TriLife
10 hours ago, Michel Kohanim said:

Hello everyone,

With kind regards,
Michel

Just go ahead and take my money. 😆

Will the 8/128 be available at the start or soon after?

• Like 1

Mid November still look like a good date? 

I'm not sure what the cost impact might be on the different versions but I'm thinking most of the people on this thread are likely eager and bleeding-edge and would likely choose the more-is-better option. :)  Assuming the cost impact isn't hideous, of course (some of us have significant others to include in larger decisions :) ).

I see mention of both 8/64 and 8/128...which are we thinking might make it?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, x046866x said:

Mid November still look like a good date? 

I'm not sure what the cost impact might be on the different versions but I'm thinking most of the people on this thread are likely eager and bleeding-edge and would likely choose the more-is-better option. :)  Assuming the cost impact isn't hideous, of course (some of us have significant others to include in larger decisions :) ).

I see mention of both 8/64 and 8/128...which are we thinking might make it?

All of your questions were answered in Michel's post above. 

• Like 1