Polisy - Support thread for: PG3 v3.1.6 - v3.1.16 (December 9, 2022)

bpwwer

15 hours ago, macjeff said:

Mine had same issue.  A reboot fixed it for me but about a year ago mine died and i had to get a new one.

UDI is about to release their own daughter Z-Wave/Zigsbee board.  I would get that.

I already have the ZMatter board on pre-order, meanwhile I will have to replace the Zooz 700, and potentially rebuild my zwave network. 

15 hours ago, larryllix said:

My polisy always reports the zwave error but I am told if if have a zwave stick inserted and it finds no zwave devices, ISY will throw an error.

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk

I have 24 zwave devices. 

15 hours ago, bpwwer said:

The point I was trying to make, was that when you do "update packages", it updates all packages that have an update available, not just PG3.  Since there is zero interaction between PG3 and Z-Wave, it is far more likely that some other package update caused the problem than it is that the PG3 package update cause the problem.

I understand that you did the updates specifically to get the new version of PG3 so that it appears that the PG3 update is a factor in the issue with z-wave.  But until we really know what caused your issue, we shouldn't be attributing blame to any one component.

Of course I take your point. Elaborating further on it, if a user needs to be certain that they do not lose their zwave network, they need to avoid doing any update right now. Further, it has come to my attention that there is no backup being done for the Zooz 700 via the AC (Z-Wave / Backup has been removed from the AC, and File / Backup ISY is not backing up ZWave), so losing the zwave network may also mean having to completely rebuild it. Had I been aware of the no backup reality, I would not have done any update. 

5 hours ago, wmcneil said:

File / Backup ISY is not backing up ZWave

Are you sure about that and what about the PG3 Settings-Backup ?

How will we transfer (Zwave) from Polisy to Z-Matter board ?

Edited by asbril
41 minutes ago, asbril said:

Are you sure about that and what about the PG3 Settings-Backup ?

No, PG3 knows nothing of z-wave so it just backs up the installed node servers.

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, asbril said:

Michel made this post on 5/22 (post in "how to update zooz zst10 700 stick" thread

1. We are working on a combined Z-Wave/Matter board that gets installed inside + antennas coming out from the sides:
- It will be field upgradable (so you won't need Studio etc.)
- Z-Wave will have many diagnostics features + S2 
2. We will have a utility that will backup your Zooz dongle:
3. You can restore the Zooz backup into the new dongle
4. For those who purchased Zooz from us, the total cost of the Zooz dongle will be discounted from the new dongle 

• Thanks 1
16 minutes ago, Michel Kohanim said:

The latest isy code has a utility that backs up the Zooz and restores on ZMatter. It can also restore 500 series backup from 994.

With kind regards,
Michel

Thanks Michel,

I am a bit confused. When you write "latest isy code" do you mean 5.4.4 ?  I assume it is not the same as (in AC) FILE - BACKUP ISY ????

@bpwwer, I ran update packages to update to PG3 3.1.14, but I'm still showing 3.1.13 and the Reboot ISY menu item is still there.  Doesn't look like it updated.  

It appears to be running OK and I got all the normal lights and beeps I expected from Polisy.  I could run Update Packages again, but thought I'd wait to see what you think before doing that.

23 minutes ago, mbking said:

@bpwwer, I ran update packages to update to PG3 3.1.14, but I'm still showing 3.1.13 and the Reboot ISY menu item is still there.  Doesn't look like it updated.  

It appears to be running OK and I got all the normal lights and beeps I expected from Polisy.  I could run Update Packages again, but thought I'd wait to see what you think before doing that.

Same here.  Even restarted PG3 after and still says 3.1.13 and the reboot ISY is still there.

The packaging script failed to finish and I can't get into the system now to restart it.  Normally, it just takes a couple of minutes to package it so I make the forum update after I started the packaging script..

1 minute ago, bpwwer said:

The packaging script failed to finish and I can't get into the system now to restart it.  Normally, it just takes a couple of minutes to package it so I make the forum update after I started the packaging script..

Ok well let me know when to try again. 

thanks

@bpwwer,

Do you know anything about IoX Launcher?  I was going to run the PG3 update and noticed my dock icon for ISY Launcher no longer worked.  I have a desktop icon labeled IoX Launcher now instead of ISY Launcher.  I assumed this is a more generic version of launcher since it launches more than ISY now, but I can't find anything in the forum about it.  Also, while I can see my Polisy, I can only launch it with the Lan version and not the Cloud version.

Just curious if you know anything about it.

I noticed the same thing. So I reinstalled the app and it still Ioxlquncher. 

it also lost all my saved IP addresses which included the portal and external IP

I had to save them using the safe command in the old launcher but they won’t load in the new one so it must be a totally different app

jeff

29 minutes ago, macjeff said:

I noticed the same thing. So I reinstalled the app and it still Ioxlquncher. 

it also lost all my saved IP addresses which included the portal and external IP

I had to save them using the safe command in the old launcher but they won’t load in the new one so it must be a totally different app

jeff

@macjeff, how did you reinstall IoXLauncher.  I cleared my Java cache and now I don't have the app.  Not sure where it is.

Mark

So, I hit OK.  I can't tell if it updated my ISY launcher shortcut or not (btw, I'm running on a Linux desktop, not Windows). But the finder didn't show any of my devices and load wouldn't load an old saved list either.  I had to re-add everything and re-save.

It seems to be working mostly the same as before now that I've re-added everything.

4 minutes ago, bpwwer said:

So, I hit OK.  I can't tell if it updated my ISY launcher shortcut or not (btw, I'm running on a Linux desktop, not Windows). But the finder didn't show any of my devices and load wouldn't load an old saved list either.  I had to re-add everything and re-save.

It seems to be working mostly the same as before now that I've re-added everything.

If you don’t mind trying something. If you happen to have an old set of saved locations when you use the save command in the admin sonsole launcher, try to load them back in and it’s not working. I will have to look up what they all were. If they are all the same location as you may have to delete one before you love them.  

12 minutes ago, macjeff said:

If you don’t mind trying something. If you happen to have an old set of saved locations when you use the save command in the admin sonsole launcher, try to load them back in and it’s not working. I will have to look up what they all were. If they are all the same location as you may have to delete one before you love them.  

I'm not sure what you're asking.

It looks like the new ISY launcher crashes/fails when it tries to load a list of devices saved with the old ISY launcher.

However, if you can look at the contents of the previously saved file, it does have all the name/URL strings in it so that could be helpful when re-adding.

3 minutes ago, bpwwer said:

I'm not sure what you're asking.

It looks like the new ISY launcher crashes/fails when it tries to load a list of devices saved with the old ISY launcher.

However, if you can look at the contents of the previously saved file, it does have all the name/URL strings in it so that could be helpful when re-adding.

Thanks.  I will look at the file.  That saves me time!!!