Polisy - Support thread for: PG3 v3.1.6 - v3.1.16 (December 9, 2022)

bpwwer

@bpwwer was correct when he said if you lose your connections you can see them in the old save file.

Copy and paste them into the ISY FINDER and when all are back do a NEW SAVE and then you will have them saved and then they should work if you need to import.

@Geddy is most likely correct that this was intentional but we discovered it before any announcement.  It is a new JAVA app and does not like the old saved configs so something changed. 

Once you have the new version everything works as expected.  Only issue is if you had a link to the JAVA app (stored in JAVA bundles kind of hidden) then your link wont work.

But I am running it now along with the new 3.1.14 pg3. 

Only issue I saw is for some ODD reason after installing Pg3 my single Node server left in PG2 was not responding.  I just restarted that Node server and all is fine.  I am waiting for @simplextechto update it.  Fingers crossed!!!!

@TechmanThat would imply that PG3 is not able to connect to whatever ISY is configured as the current ISY.  The PG3 log should provide more info on why it's not connecting.

Typically, it fails to connect if the username or password is wrong in ISYs->edit current ISY configuration.  But it could also be the IP address or port number that is wrong.

I just added this feature and it seemed to accurately detect if the ISY was connected or not in my testing, but there could also be a bug and it's giving a false reading.

2 minutes ago, Techman said:

After the update to 3.1.14 the ISY show as disconnected, not sure what the path is to reconnect.

Screenshot 2022-11-08 170028.jpg

check your ISY.  Mine restarted after running it and I did not realize it. Make sure you can get in with admin console.  I think the restart was from all the other package updates  

But also try reloading the page as sometimes the cache messes things up.

If its still not working then wait for @bpwwerto respond.  I would personally try a reboot of the entire polisy.

One more thing.  Did you wait when updating for the 4 or 5 beeps.  It took a while for mine to update.

Just some thoughts.

8 minutes ago, bpwwer said:

@TechmanThat would imply that PG3 is not able to connect to whatever ISY is configured as the current ISY.  The PG3 log should provide more info on why it's not connecting.

Typically, it fails to connect if the username or password is wrong in ISYs->edit current ISY configuration.  But it could also be the IP address or port number that is wrong.

I just added this feature and it seemed to accurately detect if the ISY was connected or not in my testing, but there could also be a bug and it's giving a false reading.

Thank you, the ISY password that was stored got erased during the update. All is good now.

58 minutes ago, bpwwer said:

I did notice it said DISCONNECTED for a while also with a red banner.  All I did is refresh the page and then it said connected. 

I also see this if I try to restart a couple node servers in a row it gets confused.  I will hit restart on one. go back to dashboard, go to another and sometimes it still says name of previous Node server.  Again refresh the browser works.

I know its not your issue here but it slows me down having to refresh all the time.

I also now have the IoX Launcher.  It was empty when I launched it.  I can't load my old saved file.  I was able to add my ISY back by IP address, but I can't get it to find my Polisy.  I can get to my Polisy through the portal, by pinging it, and by ssh, but can't get to PG2 or PG3.  Direct https access to the correct ports isn't working.  I could use some advice.

-Tom

12 minutes ago, xlurkr said:

I also now have the IoX Launcher.  It was empty when I launched it.  I can't load my old saved file.  I was able to add my ISY back by IP address, but I can't get it to find my Polisy.  I can get to my Polisy through the portal, by pinging it, and by ssh, but can't get to PG2 or PG3.  Direct https access to the correct ports isn't working.  I could use some advice.

-Tom

Open your old file in a text editor.  The addresses are in there.  Most end with /desc 

9 hours ago, xlurkr said:

@macjeff Forgot the port!  8080 worked.  Thanks!

-Tom

you can always log into ISY portal and I think its under information you can get the address to plug into admin console so you can log in from outside the ISY location.  I also open a port through the router to make sure I can get in but make sure you use a 5 digit port like    44444->8443   and/or  33333->8080

I would go with https though.  4 digit ports are more frequently hacked, but the ISY portal method is your safest.

Jeff

I'm curious the see what others who updated PG3 are seeing with IoX Launcher. (PG3 updated to 3.1.14 normally)

I'm on macOS Ventura 13.0.  Launching IoX Launcher, my Polisy is detected automatically.  I can load the Admin Console using Admin Console (LAN), but selecting Admin Console (Cloud) does nothing.  This used to work.  I'm also able to launch PG3 via IoX Launcher.

I selected Save to save my configuration, but when I look at the file with a text editor, I see this (was expecting to see Polisy info):

image.thumb.png.0b4a6b6af0b1bf95d2c6f43198e39f8e.png

7 hours ago, macjeff said:

@bpwwer

Noticed Climacell is updated.  PG3 used to tell me when there is an update.  Now it is not.  Going to leave it for the day on old version in case you want me to test something later.  But that blue box saying upgrade is not there.  I am clearly on 2.0 and 2.01 is out.

When adding support for additional types of purchase options, the format of the entries in the node server store has changed. The latest version of PG3 can still install node servers entries that are in the old store format, but it can't detect the version change for node servers installed using old format.  I'm working to make the detection a bit better.

So node server store entries will need to transition from the old format to the new format and node server installations will need to be updated as well before the new version detection will work. 

However, the automatic update on restart should be able to detect the version update and automatically update on restart.

3 hours ago, bpwwer said:

When adding support for additional types of purchase options, the format of the entries in the node server store has changed. The latest version of PG3 can still install node servers entries that are in the old store format, but it can't detect the version change for node servers installed using old format.  I'm working to make the detection a bit better.

So node server store entries will need to transition from the old format to the new format and node server installations will need to be updated as well before the new version detection will work. 

However, the automatic update on restart should be able to detect the version update and automatically update on restart.

So I restarted the Node server and it DID NOT update Climacell.

I tried multiple times.

So does that mean I have to erase and reinstall the Node server?

Thats a pain with lots of programs and info set to variables.

Edited by macjeff
46 minutes ago, macjeff said:

So I restarted the Node server and it DID NOT update Climacell.

I tried multiple times.

So does that mean I have to erase and reinstall the Node server?

Thats a pain with lots of programs and info set to variables.

Figured out a way.  If you go into the MORE INFO there is a reinstall button.  Bet most people would not even know its there but it worked.  Now on 2.01

I'm still working on getting the update available notifications working but I'm getting close, I think. However, the auto update on restart should have worked.

If you can, can you check the PG3 log and see if you can find where it tried (and I assume failed)?  I'd like to know why it failed.  

On 10/31/2022 at 9:29 AM, wmcneil said:

I updated to PG3 3.1.12 using the "Upgrade Packages" button in IoP. After the install completed, and the polisy box rebooted, the node servers seem fine, but I can not communicate with any of my existing zwave devices....

It turns out that I actually experienced the (quite unlikely) occurrence of my zooz zwave dongle going bad at the same time that I updated PG3. I opened a ticket and worked with the UD folks to confirm that is in fact what happened....As Michel has stated elsewhere, there is a backup functionality for the zooz dongle that is going to be present in ISY code that is going to be released very soon.  

Edited by wmcneil
fix typo
  • 2 weeks later...

After upgrading to 3.1.15, none of my purchases from the Node Store are working. They show "Disconnected" in the dashboard and will not start. I get a "No Valid License" message. When I go to the Node Store and try "Sync Purchases" I get the message "Polisy not yet registered with Portal."

Everything was fine prior to upgrading. 

On 11/23/2022 at 1:55 PM, bpwwer said:

Are you using Wifi to connect to the Polisy?

If so, the upgrade probably changed the hardward ID PG3 uses for licenses.  You'll have to submit a ticket and get the licenses moved over to the new hardware ID.

My Polisy is hardwired to my router as it has been since day 1.

I was going to start start a ticket, however when I logged in to grab some screenshots this morning, all is working well once again. I've been gone the past 4 days so I know it's nothing I did. 

OK, well I won't complain too much about it fixing itself :)

The update process can sometimes take a while and restarting PG3 can also take a while now. So it's possible that when you first tried, things weren't fully initialized and it just need a bit more time to finish up.

• Like 2