Does anyone have a ISY994i/ZW that is not being used?

SSchmidt

Does anyone have a ISY994i/ZW that is not being used because now using a Polisy?  I will be getting an Eisy in November when available.  That is also approx when my new house will be completed.  At that time, would be the first Z-wave devices I have ever installed. If possible, I would prefer to start my Z-wave learning curve now on a ISY994i/ZW and have a running start when my Eisy and house are ready for Z-wave.

Perhaps we can figure out a barter that works or a reasonable price for me to buy or rent your ISY/ZW for 2 months. Please message me if you are interested or post here if you have a suggestion.

Thank you,

Steve

I would suggest that that is a bad idea. In your shoes i would start out fresh with the eisy.

You will side-step any migration issues, the need to learn two different setups, and begin with a system that supports more of the Z-Wave functionality from the get-go.

* Orest

Edited by oskrypuch
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have two ISY994i machines but no Zwave that would be compatible.

I also have a spare polisy with a SiLabs 700 Zwave dongle. I also have a few used and new zwave devices that I will likely never use now. After reading enough, and experiencing a few Zwave devices in polisy I have decided to skip Zwave and stay with Insteon and WiFi devices. ZMatter may fall into that realm later.

PM me if interested.

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk

Edited by larryllix
  • Like 1

@oskrypuch    I sincerely appreciate your advice based on the info that I provided. If my plan was to install everything now and then migrate to eisy in November, it would be great advice that I would have followed.

However, my objective is to test out dimmer driver compatibility between the Z-wave switch(es) that i am considering and the specific LED of which dozens will be installed by the builder.  The dimmer info is unavailable for this LED and I did not have a choice to select a different LED.  I am very grateful that the great tech support at Zooz advised me that their Zen72 is TRIAC compatible and their Zen77 is MOSFET compatible. Zooz was the only one who raised this concern.  If incompatible there can be humming and/or limited dimming range.  I am also grateful to @lilyoyo1 and @Bumbershoot for suggesting Zooz ZEN7x in reply to my initial post in April.

Where on the forum should I post this info about dimmer driver compatibility so others can avoid the potential problem of using a great switch but that is incompatible?

Steve

31 minutes ago, SSchmidt said:

@oskrypuch    I sincerely appreciate your advice based on the info that I provided. If my plan was to install everything now and then migrate to eisy in November, it would be great advice that I would have followed.

However, my objective is to test out dimmer driver compatibility between the Z-wave switch(es) that i am considering and the specific LED of which dozens will be installed by the builder.  The dimmer info is unavailable for this LED and I did not have a choice to select a different LED.  I am very grateful that the great tech support at Zooz advised me that their Zen72 is TRIAC compatible and their Zen77 is MOSFET compatible. Zooz was the only one who raised this concern.  If incompatible there can be humming and/or limited dimming range.  I am also grateful to @lilyoyo1 and @Bumbershoot for suggesting Zooz ZEN7x in reply to my initial post in April.

Where on the forum should I post this info about dimmer driver compatibility so others can avoid the potential problem of using a great switch but that is incompatible?

Steve

You don't need a controller to test bulbs. Make a test rig using an extension cord and a socket. That's how I do mine

• Like 1
1 hour ago, lilyoyo1 said:

Software won't change that behavior. If it's incompatible now it'll be incompatible then. 

Just as a matter of interest, WiFi bulbs dim right down to 1% = barely glowing. Since they have full voltage applied to the bulb they can do it. I like it. No cloud required.

The bulbs apps always try to get you hooked into their cloud server but I use other brand apps to circumvent that attempt at bullying.

25 minutes ago, larryllix said:

Just as a matter of interest, WiFi bulbs dim right down to 1% = barely glowing. Since they have full voltage applied to the bulb they can do it. I like it. No cloud required.

The bulbs apps always try to get you hooked into their cloud server but I use other brand apps to circumvent that attempt at bullying.

it's not just wifi bulbs that can do that. Generally all smart bulbs regardless of technology can achieve that.

Regardless, what does wifi bulbs behavior have to do with compatibility between a dimmer switch and standard led bulb? He's building a home. The contractor will be using (depending on location will have to use) standard bulbs not wifi based bulbs. 

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...