Back rev from 5.0.16c

Bob Chase

2 hours ago, Bob Chase said:

Is it possible to back rev from 5.0.16 to 4.9?  My ISY994i has been acting strange since the recent upgrade.  The Z-Wave dongle drops connections, the Wait function doesn't work, and there is intermittent anomalous behavior with both programs and scenes. 

It's possible but would probably be better to fix the issues you're having. 

What's the UI of your isy

• Like 1

@Bob Chase I agree with @lilyoyo1 it's probably better to fix the issue than try to go back to such a different system. 

Of course if you have a solid 4.9 backup you could try to roll back, but you run a risk of things still not working correctly after that process.

Can you be more specific as to what your issues are and perhaps the forums can help work through the issues. 

Do you have a 300 Series Z-wave board (will have a blue light on the back of the ISY). Is that why you went to 5.0.16c? If you don't have the blue light then you have a 500 series board and can go up to 5.3.4. That might overcome a lot of your z-wave issues.

The programs and scenes issue are probably the problem of going from 4.x to 5.x and needing to review all programs. Paying specific attention to any programs that had "adjust scene" in them. Also, I remember when I went from 4.9 to 5.x that all my "disabled" programs became enabled. So it was extra effort to go back through and disable the ones that needed to be set that way. Thankfully, they were in a folder for disabled programs so it was simple to find them. 

All 5.x updates stated that there might be significant work following the update. Seems that you've just got to work through it.

• Like 1

I went through all the programs and scenes after the update.  Yes, I have a 300 board and I upgraded trying to get two Zooz motion sensors into my system to replace the problematic Insteon sensors.  That was a total failure and I'm willing to live with that.

However, I'm not willing to live with a 'Wait' function not working.  The dog door program turns on two lights, waits for five minutes, and then turns off the two lights.  Unfortunately, the 'wait' is now infinite.   Some things that I have done are deleting the program entirely and rewriting it.  I have separated the function into two programs where the first program turns on the lights and then calls the 'then' section of the second program to initiate the wait time and when it expires turn off the lights.  I also moved the wait from the second program to the first in case you couldn't start a 'then' with a 'wait'.  No luck.  It appears to bail out on the wait statement as the function turns green when it runs but has a red bar on the left right after the lights turn on.

2022-09-25 Dog Door.jpg