Firmware upgrade question

paulw
Go to solution Solved by MrBill,

59 minutes ago, paulw said:

I am currently running 5.0.16, what version should I be updating to with the least pain?

If you have the 300 zwave board in your Isy then you need to stay where you are. If no zwave board or the 500 board, whatever shows up under the current  release (software releases &updates) tab for the Isy (i believe 5.3.4)

• Solution
1 hour ago, paulw said:

I am currently running 5.0.16, what version should I be updating to with the least pain?

As @lilyoyo1 mentions you need to know the version of z-wave board you have.   IF you have a z-wave menu at the top of the admin console: image.png.7ad25d671e54458bff2c4f8bb707534b.png use it to check the z-wave version.

If 4.55.00 you need 5.0.16(you mentioned 5.01.16 without a letter, which is possible, there's also an A and possibly a B, but the current release for 994's with a z-wave version of 4.55.00 is 5.0.16C.

If there is NOT a z-wave menu, or the z-wave version is 6.81.00 proceed directly to 5.3.4

In either case the upgrade is simple and will only take you a few minutes, no major changes that require manual intervention from your current position.

When you get back in after the upgrade make sure to check Help > About and make certain that firmware and UI versions match EXACTLY.