Will PG2 continue to be available to Polisy?

carealtor

@carealtor How are you with network resources? I know when I sold my house, I was able to port most of the function of my Autelis/Jandy node server to network resources. I left my ISY994i but  didn't leave the RPi running PG2, so this allowed me to leave most of my kepad keys that had printed key labels functioning without having to explain all of the Polyglot stuff to the new owner.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, carealtor said:

I sure hope not, I'll be screwed.  No one has converted the PG2 Autelis/Pentair Node Server to PG3.  Nor is there is a Pentair Node Server.

As mentioned elsewhere, you're also running HA, you can add the screenlogic integration.  Then pick the values that you need updated to ISY and I'll be more than happy to assist you getting them there and/or creating automations on the HA side that meet your needs.  Unfortunately there are only about 3 users: you, me and one more that have Screenlogic, there is not a great demand for the node server.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Goose66 said:

@carealtor How are you with network resources? I know when I sold my house, I was able to port most of the function of my Autelis/Jandy node server to network resources. I left my ISY994i but  didn't leave the RPi running PG2, so this allowed me to leave most of my kepad keys that had printed key labels functioning without having to explain all of the Polyglot stuff to the new owner.

4 hours ago, MrBill said:

As mentioned elsewhere, you're also running HA, you can add the screenlogic integration.  Then pick the values that you need updated to ISY and I'll be more than happy to assist you getting them there and/or creating automations on the HA side that meet your needs.  Unfortunately there are only about 3 users: you, me and one more that have Screenlogic, there is not a great demand for the node server.

I very much appreciate both comments offering alternatives to my concern.  Reality is, I am aware of and have dabbled or used both in the past.  Both are indeed solutions and there is no down side to either EXEPT for the straying from the Polyglot ecosystem for my integrations.  In a perfect world it would be great if all my integrations fit neatly into the PG3 ecosystem.

Speaking specifically to the Network Resources solution, I actually used to have it all set up that way.  But when the (unofficial) Autelis Node Server was made available in PG2, I switched everything over to it.

Polyglot will remain on Polisy till such time that it's no longer supported by the available libraries.

Polyglot is NOT available on eisy. Only PG3x is available on eisy. PG3x is a more secure version of pg3 and supports ALL pg3 node servers. The only differences are:

1. Authenticates users against iox while being authenticated itself by udx (it does not have its own user/password anymore)
2. Each node server has its own user, home directory, certificate and channel. Therefore, node servers cannot read from/write to the filesystem of other node servers nor can they listen in on other node servers' mqtt channels
3. Does not depend on node.js implementation of mqtt (aedes) that is included in polyglot and pg3
4. Designed so that we can support remote access
5. Best of all, saves 800M of RAM 

So, I guess we need to find developer who can migrate pg2 to pg3.

With kind regards,
Michel

• Like 2