PLM Errors trying to migrate to ISY on Polisy

Envirogreen
Go to solution Solved by Envirogreen,

I just started the migration from ISY to Polisy, using the steps from the thread -  Migration to ISY on Polisy: An attempt to collect, organize and share Simplified Directions.

Couple of questions

1. Is that the best place / instructions to follow?

2. i see a number of threads warning not to SSH into the Polisy and see this step.  Is this correct or should I do this some other way?

• Add Polyglot 3 (PG3) to Polisy. PG3 is the future development site for node servers. Support for PG2 appears to be ending as developers look to move to PG3.  To install PG3 on Polisy, create a SSH and enter the following:

sudo pkg install pg3

sudo service pg3 enable

sudo service pg3 start

3. Assuming its correct - when I SSH in using Putty, the IP from the IOX finder for Polisy, and port 22 and try to login (password has no special characters), my login fails.  Suggestions?

thank you

54 minutes ago, Envirogreen said:

I just started the migration from ISY to Polisy, using the steps from the thread -  Migration to ISY on Polisy: An attempt to collect, organize and share Simplified Directions.

Couple of questions

1. Is that the best place / instructions to follow?

2. i see a number of threads warning not to SSH into the Polisy and see this step.  Is this correct or should I do this some other way?

• Add Polyglot 3 (PG3) to Polisy. PG3 is the future development site for node servers. Support for PG2 appears to be ending as developers look to move to PG3.  To install PG3 on Polisy, create a SSH and enter the following:

sudo pkg install pg3

sudo service pg3 enable

sudo service pg3 start

3. Assuming its correct - when I SSH in using Putty, the IP from the IOX finder for Polisy, and port 22 and try to login (password has no special characters), my login fails.  Suggestions?

thank you

Some of those instructions are dated as the IoP has moved forward since then in ease of conversion. Compare those notes, using the backup info etc,  to UD's official Wiki on how to do it for updated procedures.

• Like 1

thank you f

1 hour ago, dbwarner5 said:

Some of those instructions are dated as the IoP has moved forward since then in ease of conversion. Compare those notes, using the backup info etc,  to UD's official Wiki on how to do it for updated procedures.

thank you for that - I've now upgraded the IOP, and I have the 2413S PLM attached (using the ethernet to DB9 cable, however, it doesn't seem that the PLM is working (it was working a couple of mins ago on the ISY99)

I followed the instructions, including restore PLM.  When I click on Restore PLM in the admin console I get the following:

image.png.7df4701ff22560bf02513d7618ffd4ab.png

Any suggestions?

34 minutes ago, Envirogreen said:

Any suggestions?

You need a DB9 <--> RJ45 cable, such as this:

https://smartenit.com/shop/plm-serial-cable/

One of these cables shipped in the box that your PLM came in.  The ports on the back of the polisy are for ethernet communications, not serial.

Edited by Bumbershoot
44 minutes ago, Envirogreen said:

so ISY version is too low...need to upgrade first.  thank you

Also upgrade your packages in the Polisy if you haven't already done so. Current Polisy firmware is 5.4.5

Current ISY firmware is 5.3.4

After the upgrade(s) be sure to clear your Java cache including applications, then download the ISY launcher

@Envirogreen you’re logging into PG2. You need to add :3000 after the Polisy IP address.  That should get you to PG3 you then can setup the ISY on Polisy.  

Be sure you read the Polisy User Guide in the Wiki.  
https://wiki.universal-devices.com/index.php?title=Polisy:User_Guide

Also, on the PG2 side if your ISY994 is really 5.3.4 then it doesn’t look like PG2 can access the ISY correctly (probably user name and password issue or pointed to bad IP address for ISY994.  It isn’t matching your firmware you show in the other screenshot. 

okay - so did as you said.  Re-read the polisy guide.  Realized had moved PLM to a plug on a UPS, moved it back to the original plug.  

Restart IOP and seemed promissing, although many devices with 1011 issue.  Restored devices and all devices showed cannot communite with <device name>

Looks like I am at the Restore PLM step, but wanted to check if there was anything I'm missing before I do this.  

appreciate everyone's help.

Edited by Envirogreen

@Envirogreen

If you do a package update, you'll get version 5.5.0 which has bug fixes. 

The 1011 means there are pending writes to that device. Right click on the device then click on "write updates"  No need to do a restore device.

Check to make sure the led on the PLM is lit. Also check your connection between the PLM and Polisy

The UPS should have a FilterLinc between it and the powerline as it can interfere with the Insteon powerline signals.

Edited by Techman
  • Like 1

unplugged and replugged the polisy.  took a very, very long time to come back on line (approx two days!).

However, it still shows version 5.4.5 so it didn't update. 

Changed the cable just in case that was the issue - same issues persist.

Should I try the upgrade again (little nervous given how long and unsuccessful this was, so hoping there is an alternative path)?

th

25 minutes ago, Envirogreen said:

unplugged and replugged the polisy.  took a very, very long time to come back on line (approx two days!).

However, it still shows version 5.4.5 so it didn't update. 

Changed the cable just in case that was the issue - same issues persist.

Should I try the upgrade again (little nervous given how long and unsuccessful this was, so hoping there is an alternative path)?

Try the update again, if you're then still having a problem open a support ticket. Let me know what happens.

progress.  Had a remote session and was able to upgrade the IOP version and BIOS.

Also, identified that the PLM issue was with the cable. 

Got a new cable today, and most things are working, except:

1011 error on two keypads, and one on/off switch.  I tried write update to device several times on these with no change.  I also tried restore device and no change.

Two keypads that were working on the ISY still get the message that can't communicate.  If i disable and enable I get the 1011 error.  If I try to write updates or restore devices it goes back to unable to communicate.

All of these were working with the ISY, any suggestions?