Controlling ZWave via Polisy

Silversop

14 minutes ago, Silversop said:

Hi All, I successfully connected the ZooZ stick on my Polisy. I am also able to add ZWave Devices to the Polisy. How the heck do I get them to show up in my ISY so I can add them to my programs? I have searched all over. 

Did you add them using polisy like you should have?

21 minutes ago, Silversop said:

Yes, they are added, my issue is being able to control them via the ISY. 

Screenshot_20221215_121352.png

If you need help with something you need to add detail. What is the exact issue you are having? Are you using control or status in your programs? Does your polisy control them when you turn them on and off from the console?

3 hours ago, lilyoyo1 said:

If you need help with something you need to add detail. What is the exact issue you are having? Are you using control or status in your programs? Does your polisy control them when you turn them on and off from the console?

Thanks @lilyoyo1

I use my ISY994i to manage all devices. I am just starting to use ZWave and really didn't use the Polisy for anything much yet. 

Rather than add the ZWave Board to my ISY, I bought the ZooZ Stick so I could add ZWave Devices to my Polisy. 

As per the screen shot, I was successful in adding the devices. I am not using any function of those zwave devices via the Polisy at this time. My question is, how can I add those devices to my ISY via the Polisy so I can add them to scenes that are on my ISY. 

And yes, I could go into the Polisy Console and turn off the zwave devices. That is not the issue. 

1 hour ago, Silversop said:

Thanks @lilyoyo1

I use my ISY994i to manage all devices. I am just starting to use ZWave and really didn't use the Polisy for anything much yet. 

Rather than add the ZWave Board to my ISY, I bought the ZooZ Stick so I could add ZWave Devices to my Polisy. 

As per the screen shot, I was successful in adding the devices. I am not using any function of those zwave devices via the Polisy at this time. My question is, how can I add those devices to my ISY via the Polisy so I can add them to scenes that are on my ISY. 

And yes, I could go into the Polisy Console and turn off the zwave devices. That is not the issue. 

You're asking about using the isy as a secondary controller! 

https://wiki.universal-devices.com/index.php?title=ISY_Users:V5:ZWave:User_Guide

It's a complicated setup geared towards more advanced users. It's not something I'd recommend a new person trying. I tried it once a long time ago and the experience wasn't a pleasant one (with a different system).

You're better off migrating your insteon to polisy and adding zwave to polisy once done. The wiki page I linked to provides the instructions. Good luck. Let us know how it turns out

@Silversop As @lilyoyo1 pointed out, but might have referenced too generally is that what you've done is add the z-wave controller to your Polisy. That will only add z-wave devices to the ISY on Polisy (IoP) system. That will not feed/push devices to the separate controller (your ISY994).  

For you to have everything in one ISY system you would need to migrate the Insteon to ISY on Polisy (IoP) per the information in the wiki (Polisy User Guide) . Otherwise, you could run IoP only managing the z-wave network from there. Just know that the IoP and ISY994 systems do not talk back and forth so you wouldn't be able to maintain Insteon+Z-Wave devices with one program. 

Once you migrate to IoP then all Insteon and Z-wave devices would be on the same ISY system (IoP). 

Please make sure that you have been updating your Polisy along the way. If it is very out of date you might need to open a support ticket to get assistance bringing it current. Please pay special attention to the section about if your Polisy OS is below version 13 (in the wiki). 

Just for reference, log into Polyglot (hopefully V3) and take a screen shot of your version. I believe the latest version should show 3.1.16 for Polyglot (PG3 version). Should be http://polisy:3000 or http://##.##.##.##:3000 (where the #s are your ACTUAL IP address for your Polisy).

• Like 1

On 12/15/2022 at 5:33 PM, lilyoyo1 said:

You're asking about using the isy as a secondary controller! 

https://wiki.universal-devices.com/index.php?title=ISY_Users:V5:ZWave:User_Guide

It's a complicated setup geared towards more advanced users. It's not something I'd recommend a new person trying. I tried it once a long time ago and the experience wasn't a pleasant one (with a different system).

You're better off migrating your insteon to polisy and adding zwave to polisy once done. The wiki page I linked to provides the instructions. Good luck. Let us know how it turns out

Thank You for the help. 

19 hours ago, Geddy said:

@Silversop As @lilyoyo1 pointed out, but might have referenced too generally is that what you've done is add the z-wave controller to your Polisy. That will only add z-wave devices to the ISY on Polisy (IoP) system. That will not feed/push devices to the separate controller (your ISY994).  

For you to have everything in one ISY system you would need to migrate the Insteon to ISY on Polisy (IoP) per the information in the wiki (Polisy User Guide) . Otherwise, you could run IoP only managing the z-wave network from there. Just know that the IoP and ISY994 systems do not talk back and forth so you wouldn't be able to maintain Insteon+Z-Wave devices with one program. 

Once you migrate to IoP then all Insteon and Z-wave devices would be on the same ISY system (IoP). 

Please make sure that you have been updating your Polisy along the way. If it is very out of date you might need to open a support ticket to get assistance bringing it current. Please pay special attention to the section about if your Polisy OS is below version 13 (in the wiki). 

Just for reference, log into Polyglot (hopefully V3) and take a screen shot of your version. I believe the latest version should show 3.1.16 for Polyglot (PG3 version). Should be http://polisy:3000 or http://##.##.##.##:3000 (where the #s are your ACTUAL IP address for your Polisy).

Thank you for the help!