Help! Cannot get the IoX Launcher to start

iggies

Hi, everything was working fine. I tried to delete a device because it has been acting weird. I got a communication error and then IoX Launcher crashed. Now, when I click it the UD screen comes up but then nothing. I cannot get back in. I can go to the web console and it shows all the devices just fine but how can I get the IoX Launcher back? I tried clearing Java cache and rebooting.

Well, crap, it's gone again. I tried the admin console again and it won't load. I am trying to upgrade the firmware but I cannot get it to launch again. I like the products but why does it have to be so confusing! Any help on how I can get back in now?

@iggies on what device are you trying to upgrade the firmware? 

You need to clear your java cache. Download the file @vbphil linked to above. Run the downloaded file.

In clearing the cache make sure you select all three boxes (see below).

image.png

Also, review this section of the wiki:

https://wiki.universal-devices.com/index.php?title=Main_Page#Admin_Console_Minimized/Invisible_and_Cannot_be_Restored

Since you say the UD logo comes up, but nothing else you might need to remove the .state files found in the directory referenced in the wiki. (I just checked...still accurate as of Windows 10)

I am trying to update the firmware on the issy. When I tried to launch the web app it said I was on 4.09 or something and needed to be 5.xxx something. 

I have already cleared java cache several times checking all three boxes. I have downloaded the referenced file several times. I deleted the .state files.

Still cannot launch and scenes are not running. :(

Sounds like you still have the old IoX launcher. Did you delete all traces of the IoX launcher and then clear your java?

I have found the new version shows up in various places on Win 10 and Win 11. Sometimes it shows up in your Downloads folder. Sometimes only on your Start menu lists. Sometimes I could never find it. It is very inconsistent with different installations of Windows.

Edited by larryllix

Yes, I have the new ISY994 Administrative Console which does work to launch the app - it just doesn't give me those three options anymore (LAN, Cloud, Dashboard) it just launches. The IoX launcher choice above it does nothing but show the UD logo then disappears. I do not find it in my programs list to uninstall it.

However, I just created a new test scene and it executed. I am going to try recreating my scenes and see if they will work. A pain to do, but not sure why else they are not executing. 

image.png.e58e03119b939332ee1227e6d580ff90.png

If you cleared your Java cache, including al installed applications, then you should only have one instance of the launcher in your program list. Bring that you have multiple entries, your cache was not cleared, thus there lies your problem.

The only entry should be the IoX Launcher

@Poporo

The Admin Console and the Device hardware must match, otherwise you can experience issues.

On the eisy, go to the configuration tab and click on Update Packages. 

You can also try clearing your Java Cache, including installed applications, then download the IoX Launcher

The is the first time I've seen 5.5.1 of the admin console. It must have just been updated.

38 minutes ago, Techman said:

IoX 5.5.2 is now available. Click on update packages to install it.

After the update you'll need to clear your Java cache and download the IoX Launcher

Screenshot 2022-12-29 152758.jpg

Nice, backing up my system now and will update!

EDIT: nice that an upgrade works perfect for a change LOL I have noticed nothing different in the 30 seconds or so I have looked :)

Edited by brians