Zwave device not showing up under ZMATTER

GTench
Go to solution Solved by Bumbershoot,

I upgraded to 5.5.0 and have the ZMATTER board in my Polisy. I pushed the zwave to matter button, restarted Iox and as expected my Zwave nodes were gone. I then tried to add an anotec zwave repeater. Iox dialogue box says it is interviewing then disappears. The repeater blinks green which should I believe indicate that it is paired but I do not see its node in Iox. I have tried resetting the repeater and retrying pairing without success. Any suggestions?

thanks,

Gary

The Zwave migration option hasn't been implemented yet. If you had the Zooz dongle installed, then by pushing the Zwave to matter button it set the primary Zwave controller from Zooz to Zmatter. 

Your Zwave devices will need to be manually excluded then included into the Zmatter board

Currently the repeater won't show up as it has no nodes or options, but in the next firmware release that may change.

This is what I see in the event log

Tue 12/27/2022 03:31:00 PM : ---- Start Adding Devices - S2 Standard ---

Tue 12/27/2022 03:31:00 PM : [ZWAVE-INCL-S2STD] Start Include S2 Standard highpower=true

Tue 12/27/2022 03:31:00 PM : [ZWAVE-INCL-S2STD] Added 'CommandAdded' callback 0x802beb468

Tue 12/27/2022 03:31:00 PM : Z-Wave Listening for Z-Wave devices to add to the network

Tue 12/27/2022 03:31:05 PM : Z-Wave Z-Wave device detected, start adding to network

Tue 12/27/2022 03:31:06 PM : Z-Wave Z-Wave device detected, retrieving info

Tue 12/27/2022 03:31:06 PM : Z-Wave Z-Wave device added

Tue 12/27/2022 03:31:06 PM : [ZWAVE-INCL-S2STD] 'CommandAdded' callback: ccId=0x20

Tue 12/27/2022 03:31:06 PM : [ZWAVE-INCL-S2STD] 'CommandAdded' callback: ccId=0x26

Tue 12/27/2022 03:31:06 PM : [ZWAVE-INCL-S2STD] 'CommandAdded' callback: ccId=0x33

Tue 12/27/2022 03:31:06 PM : [ZWAVE-INCL-S2STD] 'CommandAdded' callback: ccId=0x59

Tue 12/27/2022 03:31:06 PM : [ZWAVE-INCL-S2STD] 'CommandAdded' callback: ccId=0x5A

Tue 12/27/2022 03:31:06 PM : [ZWAVE-INCL-S2STD] 'CommandAdded' callback: ccId=0x5E

Tue 12/27/2022 03:31:06 PM : [ZWAVE-INCL-S2STD] 'CommandAdded' callback: ccId=0x70

Tue 12/27/2022 03:31:06 PM : [ZWAVE-INCL-S2STD] 'CommandAdded' callback: ccId=0x72

Tue 12/27/2022 03:31:06 PM : [ZWAVE-INCL-S2STD] 'CommandAdded' callback: ccId=0x73

Tue 12/27/2022 03:31:06 PM : [ZWAVE-INCL-S2STD] 'CommandAdded' callback: ccId=0x7A

Tue 12/27/2022 03:31:06 PM : [ZWAVE-INCL-S2STD] 'CommandAdded' callback: ccId=0x85

Tue 12/27/2022 03:31:06 PM : [ZWAVE-INCL-S2STD] 'CommandAdded' callback: ccId=0x86

Tue 12/27/2022 03:31:06 PM : Z-Wave Idle

Tue 12/27/2022 03:31:08 PM : [Device 5] Waiting on interview complete (400 ticks remaining)

Tue 12/27/2022 03:31:12 PM : [Device 5] All interviews are done

Tue 12/27/2022 03:31:12 PM : ZWAVE-WORKQ-34   Queue sync device 5

Tue 12/27/2022 03:31:12 PM : ZWAVE-WORKQ-34   Start sync device 5

Tue 12/27/2022 03:31:12 PM : [ZWAVE-SYNC   5] Device mismatch, Removing all existing ISY files/objects for Z-Wave device

Tue 12/27/2022 03:31:12 PM : [SYNC-DEVICE 5.0] Set commands will now be accepted by the controller

Tue 12/27/2022 03:31:12 PM : [ZWAVE-SYNC   5] Not multichannel

Tue 12/27/2022 03:31:12 PM : ZWAVE-WORKQ-34   Finished sync device 5

• Solution
28 minutes ago, GTench said:

then tried to add an anotec zwave repeater. Iox dialogue box says it is interviewing then disappears. The repeater blinks green which should I believe indicate that it is paired but I do not see its node in Iox. I have tried resetting the repeater and retrying pairing without success. Any suggestions?

A couple of us have had the same results with those repeaters, and UDI is aware of it:

OK thanks very much for the quick response. I see by the event log that I should have 6 Zwave entries as a result of my retrying to add the repeater but I don't see any of them in the node tree. I will wait for a fix

4 minutes ago, GTench said:

OK thanks very much for the quick response. I see by the event log that I should have 6 Zwave entries as a result of my retrying to add the repeater but I don't see any of them in the node tree. I will wait for a fix

I believe that for every time you include/exclude a device, the next item you include will use an incremented device ID, whether the previous device ID is vacant because of an exclusion or not. 

It was mentioned somewhere that an update to IoX should be available this week.

19 hours ago, Bumbershoot said:

I believe that for every time you include/exclude a device, the next item you include will use an incremented device ID, whether the previous device ID is vacant because of an exclusion or not. 

It was mentioned somewhere that an update to IoX should be available this week.

Yes, I noticed the same thing with the Zooz stick when I added a few Zwave devices a few years ago. Once there is  a fix, can I reset the counter with a factory reset to the Zmatter? I only have a half dozen or so Zwave devices but I would like to have their counters match what they were under the Zooz dongle if possible

36 minutes ago, GTench said:

Yes, I noticed the same thing with the Zooz stick when I added a few Zwave devices a few years ago. Once there is  a fix, can I reset the counter with a factory reset to the Zmatter? I only have a half dozen or so Zwave devices but I would like to have their counters match what they were under the Zooz dongle if possible

You can factory reset the board. You'd have to remove and then re-add the devices once done. 

2 hours ago, GTench said:

Ya but when you mess up including/excluding on one which bumps the counter, and have to redo LOL. I learned not to worry about it and easy to just adjust programs/scenese.

Also note that they are renamed ZY prefix on ZMatter nstead of ZW on Zooz so they still won't drop-in for existing programs if that is what you are trying to achieve.

21 hours ago, brians said:

Ya but when you mess up including/excluding on one which bumps the counter, and have to redo LOL. I learned not to worry about it and easy to just adjust programs/scenese.

Also note that they are renamed ZY prefix on ZMatter nstead of ZW on Zooz so they still won't drop-in for existing programs if that is what you are trying to achieve.

23 hours ago, lilyoyo1 said:

You can factory reset the board. You'd have to remove and then re-add the devices once done. 

Thanks,

I went ahead and reset Zmatter and factory reset each of my 10 Zwave devices then included each of them. All but 2 of the devices repaired quite quickly with Zmatter - quite a bit faster than with the Zooz stick. I struggled with 2 of them - an Aeon Labs MultiSensor 6 and EVC200 Z-Wave Automatic Valve which took multiple resets and inclusions to pair them - a major pain. I had the same issues pairing them previously with the Zooz stick. The Aeon Labs MultiSensor 6, although paired, is not showing humidity in Iox but it did previously with the Zooz stick. I will likely try to exclude and repair to see if that clears the issue.

I now see all zwave devices as nodes except the 2 repeaters but the event log shows that the repeaters were paired successfully. I also have a large number of insteon devices and a few Yolink devices which transferred over to 5.5.0 with no issues at all. Just glad I only had a few Zwave devices to manually include.

3 hours ago, GTench said:

Thanks,

I went ahead and reset Zmatter and factory reset each of my 10 Zwave devices then included each of them. All but 2 of the devices repaired quite quickly with Zmatter - quite a bit faster than with the Zooz stick. I struggled with 2 of them - an Aeon Labs MultiSensor 6 and EVC200 Z-Wave Automatic Valve which took multiple resets and inclusions to pair them - a major pain. I had the same issues pairing them previously with the Zooz stick. The Aeon Labs MultiSensor 6, although paired, is not showing humidity in Iox but it did previously with the Zooz stick. I will likely try to exclude and repair to see if that clears the issue.

I now see all zwave devices as nodes except the 2 repeaters but the event log shows that the repeaters were paired successfully. I also have a large number of insteon devices and a few Yolink devices which transferred over to 5.5.0 with no issues at all. Just glad I only had a few Zwave devices to manually include.

There is discussion in main support thread about repeaters and some sensors not showing nodes. It is anticipated that a firmware update will resolve this.