2413S RJ45 to DB9 adapto pinout.

Greg Gogates
Go to solution Solved by lilyoyo1,

I just bought an ETSY and didn't realize that I needed an adapto to connect to my 2413S.   The recommended one is sold out so I either have to wait or make do.   I already have a USB to DB9 serial port adaptor and a old Cisco router blue admin port cable that does RJ45 to DB9.   I'm not sure how its pinned, and its molded so I am stuck.  It would be nice if UD could publish the RJ45 to DB9 pinout configuration so that I can make my own considering that I do not have another choice at this point in time.

TIA

Greg

• Solution

37 minutes ago, Greg Gogates said:

I just bought an ETSY and didn't realize that I needed an adapto to connect to my 2413S.   The recommended one is sold out so I either have to wait or make do.   I already have a USB to DB9 serial port adaptor and a old Cisco router blue admin port cable that does RJ45 to DB9.   I'm not sure how its pinned, and its molded so I am stuck.  It would be nice if UD could publish the RJ45 to DB9 pinout configuration so that I can make my own considering that I do not have another choice at this point in time.

TIA

Greg

There are quite a few posts already detailing this (including the 2413s manual found online). 

Edited by lilyoyo1

I think some users using a network adapter. May have gotten the send and receive signals reversed or incorrectly wired. Accidentally connected the TTL signals to something. If using a 2412S RJ45 Pin2 is unregulated +12VDC, around +18V in my tests.

The quick sheet with the PLM had in my opinion easily to make an error.