Support thread: IoX Release v5.5.3

On 1/16/2023 at 4:13 PM, tazman said:

Thank you that was very helpful!

Welcome!

The main udx logs are at /var/udx/logs/log - it shows there actions performed by udx (including when you do upgrades etc).

Michael.

• Like 1

Hello Everyone,

ZEN16 / 17

We have done a little testing with this device it appears that the issue many of you are having is the interview mostly completes for the main device, but does not complete for the other channels (eg. if its device 14, you would see channel nodes ZY014.1, ZY014.2, ZY014.3)

Therefore, if your device isn't working as expected, please right+click on one of its nodes, select Z-Wave | Synchronize | Update with Interview

It would be best if you move the device closer to the ISY and possibly temporarily turn off "chatty" Z-Wave devices for the interview.

The simplest way to figure out if it didn't complete is to right+click on a channel node (e.g. "ZY014.1" address ZY014_001_1), do Z-Wave | Z-Wave X-Ray, choose "Device/Channel Database Object" GO

If you don't see these 8 command classes then the interview did not complete for that channel.  You should see:

--- 8 Command Classes ---
    32  x20 V2 I S       BASIC
    37  x25 V1 I S       SWITCH_BINARY
    89  x59 V1 I S       ASSOCIATION_GROUP_INFO
    94  x5e V2 I S       ZWAVEPLUS_INFO
   108  x6c V1 I S       SUPERVISION
   133  x85 V2 I S       ASSOCIATION
   142  x8e V3 I S       MULTI_CHANNEL_ASSOCIATION
   159  x9f V1 I S       SECURITY_2

• Thanks 1
5 minutes ago, Chris Jahn said:

Therefore, if your device isn't working as expected, please right+click on one of its nodes, select Z-Wave | Synchronize | Update with Interview.

I know you're speaking to the ZEN16/17 devices right now, but is there progress being made with Z-Wave locks? Is there anything I can do to help?

The "Update with Interview" action does not change anything about the August single node (which itself is incomplete and non functional).

Edited by residualimages
3 hours ago, Chris Jahn said:

Hello Everyone,

ZEN16 / 17

We have done a little testing with this device it appears that the issue many of you are having is the interview mostly completes for the main device, but does not complete for the other channels (eg. if its device 14, you would see channel nodes ZY014.1, ZY014.2, ZY014.3)

Therefore, if your device isn't working as expected, please right+click on one of its nodes, select Z-Wave | Synchronize | Update with Interview

It would be best if you move the device closer to the ISY and possibly temporarily turn off "chatty" Z-Wave devices for the interview.

The simplest way to figure out if it didn't complete is to right+click on a channel node (e.g. "ZY014.1" address ZY014_001_1), do Z-Wave | Z-Wave X-Ray, choose "Device/Channel Database Object" GO

If you don't see these 8 command classes then the interview did not complete for that channel.  You should see:

--- 8 Command Classes ---
    37  x25 V1 I S       SWITCH_BINARY
    89  x59 V1 I S       ASSOCIATION_GROUP_INFO
   133  x85 V2 I S       ASSOCIATION
   142  x8e V3 I S       MULTI_CHANNEL_ASSOCIATION

I still do not see any new nodes for sensors when I set the parameters 2 and/or 3.

When I set parameter 2 and 3 to 10, it puts the relays 1 and 2 into a dry contact mode. excluding/including, or interview should then add two additional binary sensor nodes. I can then set parameters 10 and 11 to 0 which isolates the sensors from the relays, so the relay doesn't turn on/off with the sensor input. I had this setup on old ISY and Zooz dongle but it does not appear to work with ZMatter.

Interesting though I do see this nodes if I Xray a .1 address node which is two more nodes than you show... but it could just mean that the sensor and switch are together which is how it operates now currently.

--- 10 Command Classes ---
    37  x25 V2 I S       SWITCH_BINARY
    48  x30 V2 I S       SENSOR_BINARY
    89  x59 V3 I S       ASSOCIATION_GROUP_INFO
   113  x71 V8 I S       NOTIFICATION
   133  x85 V3 I S       ASSOCIATION
   142  x8e V4 I S       MULTI_CHANNEL_ASSOCIATION

Also before ZMatter, when I change parameter 2 and 3 to a type 7 for a door (for my garage door), the nodes were named different and had shown open/close instead of on/off for an input... like it recognized it was a door and configured appropriately.

It is still not working as it was previously with ZW500 series.

Edited by brians
10 hours ago, brians said:

I still do not see any new nodes for sensors when I set the parameters 2 and/or 3.

When I set parameter 2 and 3 to 10, it puts the relays 1 and 2 into a dry contact mode. excluding/including, or interview should then add two additional binary sensor nodes. I can then set parameters 10 and 11 to 0 which isolates the sensors from the relays, so the relay doesn't turn on/off with the sensor input. I had this setup on old ISY and Zooz dongle but it does not appear to work with ZMatter.

Interesting though I do see this nodes if I Xray a .1 address node which is two more nodes than you show... but it could just mean that the sensor and switch are together which is how it operates now currently.

Also before ZMatter, when I change parameter 2 and 3 to a type 7 for a door (for my garage door), the nodes were named different and had shown open/close instead of on/off for an input... like it recognized it was a door and configured appropriately.

Hello Brians

I agree with your assessment 100 %. When you removed and added the relay back in did you also find parameter 2 and 3 when queried are back to 2 the default setting ? I think zmatter is not reading parameters right when adding these relays back in. Also when removing the ZEN 17 or z wave devices it always try’s to add devices again automatically without using the add function again.

I restored my ISY back up of 4.4.5 and now see the migrate button for zmatter, all Z-wave devices add and function properly with the nodes for sensors added. I realize they are not s2 and there may be other limitations but they do work through zmatter not the zooz dongle. I’m not keen on pressing the migration button because the last time I pressed it, I lost all z wave devices and had to remove and add them all back in and they never worked right again

Edited by joembz

So I am now complete with my transition from Poly / zooz stick to Eisy / matter.

Although I am mostly Insteon I do have about 20 YoLink and 20 Z-wave.

The transition to Eisy was flawless and the transition to matter board was a solid OK for me.

As @Chris Jahn mentions above the z-waves fell into a few buckets.

1.  A very few units moved from ZW to ZY automagically I think two.

2. Most powered units with one sync replace with interview came with the correct nodes

3. battery units have required multiple sync replace with interviews to get all the nodes.  usually requiring button pushes on the unit to wake up (multiple pushes).  finding they will goto sleep during the interview sometimes

4. my GE switch / motion sensor works with the switch but no motion updates through the motion nodes.

Finally all my node servers (about 12) all came over with minimal work except for a couple which required some updates by their author.  currently only the Sonos node server (the free one) is running but not coming up with nodes.

Hope this helps others!

• Like 1
1 hour ago, joembz said:

Also when removing the ZEN 17 or z wave devices it always try’s to add devices again automatically without using the add function again.

I've seen this with my other ZooZ sensor devices. After excluding they start to include back again. I have various issues with the ZSE42, ZSE40. Support tickets in, UDI is aware and offers a fix in upcoming software releases.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, vbphil said:

I've seen this with my other ZooZ sensor devices. After excluding they start to include back again. I have various issues with the ZSE42, ZSE40. Support tickets in, UDI is aware and offers a fix in upcoming software releases.

I knew this might be a glitch that was in the works. It makes it hard to exclude a device permanently. 

12 hours ago, brians said:

To follow up on this, I realized that in my testing other day that since I had set parameter 10 and 11 to 1 which isolates the sensors, my program was therefore not being triggered because due to this issue I can only currently read the relay. What is missing is the two extra sensor nodes that should be created. I since set those parameters back to default value of 1 which turn on/off the relays with sensor input. So it seems like other parameters are working eg. if I set to parameter 2 to 3 which is momentary for garage door it works momentary.. just missing the sensor nodes.

Edited by brians

My problem seems to be similar to that described by trevost on January 15, 2023.

Finished migration to EISY and have most things working but have a program problem.

Whenever a program is controlled/triggered by switch being switched ‘on or off’ or ‘fast on or off’ nothing happens.

image.png.2be009b7e7f2eb6c46a9348346f06504.png

This is one of those programs.

The switching on or off of both of these switches appears in the Event Viewer. So EISY is hearing them but the program is not hearing. The ‘then’ and ‘else’ statements work when run from admin console.

My EISY is running loX v.5.5.3 (2023-01-09-09-09:27:50)

MrMike...........This was the reply I received from support.

• If you have Insteon then ZMatter Z-Wave may be using either port cuaU0 or cuaU1
  • If you only have ZMatter Z-Wave installed with no other USB connected then it is using port cuaU0

Please do the following:

On the configuration tab, choose "Upgrade Packages" to get the latest update

After ISY restarts, do this from a browser (if you use Help | About in Admin Console it will show your IP address e.g. something like 192.168.0.51)

http://<your_polisy>:8080/rest/zmatter/zwave/port/name/override/set/cuaU0

You should get this back (its important you see the 200)

<RestResponse succeeded="true">
<status>200</status>
</RestResponse>

Restart IoX and it should connect properly to you ZMatter Z-Wave board / dongle

If it doesn't reconnect, try again using cuaU1

To remove this override do the following:

http://<your_polisy>:8080/rest/zmatter/zwave/port/name/override/clear

39 minutes ago, edwaud said:

My problem seems to be similar to that described by trevost on January 15, 2023.

Finished migration to EISY and have most things working but have a program problem.

Whenever a program is controlled/triggered by switch being switched ‘on or off’ or ‘fast on or off’ nothing happens.

This is one of those programs.

The switching on or off of both of these switches appears in the Event Viewer. So EISY is hearing them but the program is not hearing. The ‘then’ and ‘else’ statements work when run from admin console.

My EISY is running loX v.5.5.3 (2023-01-09-09-09:27:50)

The nodes in the program are insteon switches. I was wrong about the switches showing in the Event Viewer, they do not. I have now found that the EISY is not hearing from switches or motion sensors. I am wondering if this is a PLM problem.

12 hours ago, edwaud said:

Is there a reason that you didn't simply create a scene instead of using this program?  This seems like a scene where either switch is a controller to me.

12 hours ago, edwaud said:

It should also be noted to use Fast On and Fast Off with a program like this you would need to include it in the If statement.  Something like:

If
        'Living Room Fan Lights+ / Lamp 1' is switched On
     Or 'Living Room Fan Lights+ / Lamp 1' is switched Fast On
     Or 'Living Room Fan Lights+ / Lamp 1' is switched Fade Stop
             {....truncated for post}

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, MrBill said:

Is there a reason that you didn't simply create a scene instead of using this program?  This seems like a scene where either switch is a controller to me.

It should also be noted to use Fast On and Fast Off with a program like this you would need to include it in the If statement.  Something like:

If
        'Living Room Fan Lights+ / Lamp 1' is switched On
     Or 'Living Room Fan Lights+ / Lamp 1' is switched Fast On
     Or 'Living Room Fan Lights+ / Lamp 1' is switched Fade Stop
             {....truncated for post}

Thank you for your response.

I tried your suggestions without success. I keep checking the Event Viewer and notice that none of the switch actions are being returned to EISY. The only node in my system that is returning is a motion sensor that I did a reset on. Doing a factory reset, restore device or write updates on the switch does not solve this.

37 minutes ago, MWareman said:

Looks like 5.5.4 just dropped - no support thread (yet). I just updated - lets see how this goes.

I am updating now from work remotely... wish me luck :)

Updated no issue...

I lists support for Zen16 not for Zen17 but I presume they may be similar. So I set parameter on 2 and 3 to 10 (for dry contact sensor) and did an update with interview but unfortunately no new nodes appeared for sensors. I included my Zen17 with no security initially, which is a criteria for the release notes, but maybe I have to exclude/include again - will try to see if that works.

Edited by brians
  • Like 1