Flickering Every Time I Write to A Device

ddaggett1

Every time I write to a device from the admin console, or a program writes to a device (e.g., to turn a light on or off), certain other devices start to flicker. Any thoughts? BTW, I tried to submit a ticket, but the "submit a new ticket" button appears to be gone from the UI. Any thoughts? Thanks! BTW, I'm running on Polisy with 5.5.3.

@ddaggett1 I've also noticed over the years of working with Insteon and UD that the lights flicker when the admin console is writing to the system. I've never given it much thought as it has a cause and stops as soon as I'm done writing to the system. I caught my son making changes to the system that way once. He was trying to play a prank and I noticed the lights flicker and knew someone was in the system making changes.

I'm curious if any of the more knowledgeable here have a more complete answer.

Also I just checked the New Ticket button seems to be gone, it's a glitch in the matrix. I'd give it a few hours until the sun comes up on the west coast and try again.

Edited by kzboray

5 hours ago, ddaggett1 said:

BTW, I tried to submit a ticket, but the "submit a new ticket" button appears to be gone from the UI. Any thoughts?

From the "UI"? There was never a way (that I recall) to submit a ticket from anything other than directly on UD's website. 

Need to login to: https://www.universal-devices.com/my-tickets/

The email method hasn't been working for a while so the only way is to submit a ticket is through the site. 

4 hours ago, kzboray said:

Also I just checked the New Ticket button seems to be gone, it's a glitch in the matrix

Looks like it's just suffering some font issues. The link is there, but it's very hard to see given that the font color must have changed. 

image.png

1 hour ago, apostolakisl said:

Pretty sure UD is going to say "sorry, can't do anything".  I have noticed this at times and am confident it is an Insteon hardware issue.

I agree.  I've had some luck with using a different bulb.  Others have used a capacitor to solve the problem (but I don't remember much about the thread, so I'm not sure where it is)

I have seen a module. You could wire in parallel with the load. That sometimes helped with flicker. Don't have any data easily found right now.

I agree some bulbs electronics are just don't play well with Insteon power line signals. While others do.

• Like 1