Aeotec Multisensor 7 .. Can not Get It To Work Correctly With eisy

Riggins44

I have had a MS6 for several years now and it has worked great until I "upgraded" to eisy. I really only ever used the Motion and LUX sensors for automation. Specifically, the motion sensor worked great to turn OFF lights when there was no movement up until last week. I moved everything to eisy and the Motion sensor ALWAYS states "ON" despite no movement for quite some time. I have tried to change settings parameters on the MS6 and now MS7 that I bought because I thought maybe the 6 was now defective. I am beginning to think that the Z-wave issues with eisy (I upgraded firmware to 5.5.3 on Monday when Michel said it was available to "fix Z-wave issues) are causing no updates to eisy and the sensor may be fine after all because I can't even get a brand new 7 out of the box to work properly.

I REALLY need to get frequent motion and LUX updates to eisy like I used to be (as of 10 days or so ago) able to.

@Riggins44, with the initial release of IoX 5.5.2, there was an issue with data from Aeotec Multisensors not populating the AC.  That was fixed in release 5.5.3 for at least the Multisensor 6.  My USB powered Multisensor 6 now provides motion (through the Home Security node) and LUX updates.

Other motion sensors still don't populate the AC correctly, so as I understand it, these will be a focus of the next IoX release.

EDIT: added screenshots

Screenshot 2023-01-17 at 5.44.45 AM.png

Screenshot 2023-01-17 at 5.43.53 AM.png

Edited by Bumbershoot
  • Like 1

I'm getting occasional updates of LUX and temp (which I cannot get out of Celsius despite sending Parameter 64, 2 at least 20 times) but not frequent as when I was on 994. My MS's are USB-powered and I used to get info updates every minute or three but now, the Motion Sensor always states "ON" and I check the logs and it almost never checks the motion sensor.

I'm thinking that eisy is not sending any parameters when I try to change anything AND it is also not checking sensor states as often as it should or maybe not even at all. Like I said, the MS6 was working perfect up until I switched everything to eisy.

Happy to report that the Motion sensor, after upgrading to 5.5.4, works normally again. Not always ON. So, my programs that rely upon ON/OFF states are working properly now.

I still cannot get my Multisensor 6 (I am returning the 7 since now I know the 6 is not defective) to report in Fahrenheit although I have sent Parameter 64, Value 2 many, many times.

@NFLnut

My Multisensor 6 is showing Fahrenheit with eisy running 5.5.4.

Try removing power from the MS6. After it powers up it could take a while before it changes from Centigrade to Fahrenheit, so give it a couple of hours.

All my Multisensor 6 which I have on the ISY994 started out reporting in Centigrade then after a couple of hours changed to Fahrenheit. It's possible that it needs location information from the Hub.

Edited by Techman
On 1/21/2023 at 3:30 PM, Techman said:

@NFLnut

My Multisensor 6 is showing Fahrenheit with eisy running 5.5.4.

Try removing power from the MS6. After it powers up it could take a while before it changes from Centigrade to Fahrenheit, so give it a couple of hours.

All my Multisensor 6 which I have on the ISY994 started out reporting in Centigrade then after a couple of hours changed to Fahrenheit. It's possible that it needs location information from the Hub.

It's been a week and my MS6 is still showing Celsius. I've even tried many, many times to send parameters per Aeotec's own list and still no change. Not a huge deal to me as the only things I use the MS6 for is Lux and Motion for a few programs. But I would like it to return to Fahrenheit should I need temp info for future programs. It always started on Celsius and then usually by a day or two later it would change itself to F. I wonder if eisy is not yet sending location info for it to know where I am (east coast EST)

• 2 weeks later...

My Multisensor 6 is now displaying farenheit in the AC. I am running Polisy/5.5.5/ZMatter. After verifying that parameter 64 was configured to a value of 2, I had to do an update with interview to get this working. The AC started displaying farenheit immediately after the update with interview completed.

Edited by wmcneil
fix typo
4 minutes ago, wmcneil said:

My Multisensor 6 is now displaying farenheit in the AC. I am running Polisy/5.5.5/ZMatter. After verifying that parameter 64 was configured to a value of 2, I had to do an update with interview to get this working. The AC started displaying farenheit immediately after the update with interview completed.

How did you verify that the parameter 64 was set correctly?

5 hours ago, wmcneil said:

In the AC, right click the sensor / ZWave / Set Configuration parameter

use the pull down to select parameter number 64, then click on Query

I found this recently, but have make sure you select the node with has the "Set Configuration" button or probably will not work. I wonder why they also do not put a parameter query on that main screen. Using this method, I actually found a bug in one of my device's manual where it was not showing the correctly parameter size, and therefore did not seem to work for me... was not until I query it showed the Parameter Size as 2 instead of more common size of 1, which allowed me to set the parameter correctly.