Hubitat PG3 Node Server

GPG
Go to solution Solved by kewashi,

• 4 months later...
On 1/17/2023 at 11:22 AM, GPG said:

Is there any information on whether a PG3 node server will be available for Hubitat.

Hi @GPG I'm putting the finishing touches on a Hubitat node server that I've been developing for the last month. It supports just about all device types, except music for now. It uses hints to map devices to the right Hubitat types. On the Hubitat side, you have to install a groovy app called HousePanel.groovy that is the same groovy app used by the HousePanel dashboard app that has been around for a few years. You can get started now by installing that here:
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/kewashi/HousePanel/master/HousePanel.groovy

The discussion thread on the Hubitat forum for HousePanel is here:
https://community.hubitat.com/t/housepanel-2-node-version/36049

The added benefit of using my Hubitat node server is that if you use HousePanel GUI it will read the nodes, recognize the device types properly, and control them via nice looking and fully customizable tiles on a dashboard that looks equally good on a cell phone as it does on a tablet or computer.

• Like 2

I'm still tweaking it and testing it, so I'll post it to prod store once it is more stable and I'm happy with it. That said, it should be stable enough now to use for most people. I have two hubs and over 150 devices so my setup is pretty complex. I just tested it installed in a second slot to support my 2nd Hubitat hub and it worked like a charm. You do have to use a separate restPort if you do that. I am tweaking the HousePanel.groovy file to support port ranges for such cases.

• Like 3
  • 3 weeks later...
On 5/27/2023 at 12:49 PM, kewashi said:

I’m documenting things at:

https://housepanel.net

Can you give me any advice on setting up npm and node.js on an UnRAID server? I have quite a few Docker containers and I have tried to set up npm and node.js but unfortunately, there are no Dockers for that. I gave away my Rasp Pi's when I moved to UnRAID but I would prefer to have my always-on UnRAID to run them. I have no idea what to do.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Solution

HI Folks

I've been using the Hubitat node server for more than 2 months now with no issues. The stability and performance have been very good. This weekend I added support for Music tiles and Aqara presence sensors but everything else is unchanged. I updated the Beta store to include this as V1.0.9 and I added a new Production Store version 1.0.9 that you can try free for one month and $20 after that. I hope people find this useful and feedback is always welcome.

Actually I ended up posting it to the Production store.

Edited by kewashi
  • Like 2
On 7/2/2023 at 5:04 PM, kewashi said:

Hi @Riggins44 I don't use dockers so I'm not going to be of much help. I install apps natively on my Mac. The installation of HousePanel and the Hubitat node server on your RAID should be supported and straight forward. There is nothing fancy here so a basic Python install is all you need.

Thank you. I'm looking into running RasPI as a VM on unRAID using Linux. I'll see if that works for me.