Cannot add Schlage BE469 to Polisy w/zwave zmatter board

rahnee

Update 1:  Used the wrong PIN on the lock (had them backwards). Used the correct Pin and they added as expected.

Just migrated from 994i to Polisy.  Had the zwave 500 board in the 994i but for whatever reason the zwave didn't come over.  Figured I would simply reset the zwave dongle, new zwave/zmatter from UDI.   Excluded all devices and started clean.

Adding the BE469, it connects immediately, identifies then as S2 and I add it.  Device is "interviewed" and then only 1 node is created vs the 4-6 that I was expecting.  It identifies it as ZY <number> Entry Control.  that is the only node.  I've tried on another lock, same result.

An I doing something wrong?  Baffled.  

Edited by rahnee
Answer found
4 hours ago, rahnee said:

An I doing something wrong?

I can't answer this question, but I can tell you that my BE469 added just fine.  In fact, it came over from the ISY-994 backup files.  The synch/interview process took care of the rest.  

Don't give up.

Screen Shot 2023-01-30 at 9.49.47 PM.png

@oberkc I got it figured out...PEBCAK.  I had the wrong PIN.    

Not that I have everything setup properly, I excluded, reset and re-added everything.   I can control the devices from AC without issue.  What I a NOT getting is status updates from the locks.  aka locked/unlocked.  Previously on the ISY 994i with zwave 500 board I got status updates quickly and reliably.  Do you get updates automatically?  

Edited by rahnee

Migrated from 994i to Polisy and zwave/zmatter dongle.  Since I only have 2 locks (Schlage BE469 and 2 repeaters (Aeotec extender 7), I decided I would exclude all zwave and reset dongle.  Once that was completed I added all devices back, repeaters and then locks.  Used the QR codes to add everything with S2 security.  

Everything works fine, I can control via AC, programs etc.  The issue is that the locks no longer provide STATUS updates (locked or unlocked) when they are used (aka code on door lock). Status updates work if controlled in the AC.  In the 994i w/500 series controller everything worked as expected with status updates.  If I query, I get the update, if I don't query the lock will show locked even though I unlocked it manually.  

I did factory reset on of the locks to rule that out.

Any/all insight is appreciated

Edited by rahnee

@rahnee I think this is an ongoing z-wave issue with multiple products. There are several threads mentioning this for other devices.

The best way to alert UDI that this is happening is through a support ticket. It would allow them to help with a specific issue and hopefully help the rest having the issue at present. 

https://www.universal-devices.com/my-tickets

Just make sure you're on the latest release for IoX as I think 5.5.4 did have an update for Schlage z-wave locks, but might still be having some issues.

21 minutes ago, Geddy said:

The best way to alert UDI that this is happening is through a support ticket. It would allow them to help with a specific issue and hopefully help the rest having the issue at present.

@Geddy Done.  Thought I'd start with the forums as someone may have had insight/solutions etc.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, rahnee said:

Migrated from 994i to Polisy and zwave/zmatter dongle.  Since I only have 2 locks (Schlage BE469 and 2 repeaters (Aeotec extender 7), I decided I would exclude all zwave and reset dongle.  Once that was completed I added all devices back, repeaters and then locks.  Used the QR codes to add everything with S2 security.  

Everything works fine, I can control via AC, programs etc.  The issue is that the locks no longer provide STATUS updates (locked or unlocked) when they are used (aka code on door lock). Status updates work if controlled in the AC.  In the 994i w/500 series controller everything worked as expected with status updates.  If I query, I get the update, if I don't query the lock will show locked even though I unlocked it manually.  

I did factory reset on of the locks to rule that out.

Any/all insight is appreciated

Did you try including the lock without any S2 security options?

1 minute ago, rahnee said:

No I did not as when trying to include the locks, it only allowed S2

I have two that are at S0 from migration and one at S2 that I (re)included after migration.

I don't use the ones that are at S0 that much (so I didn't notice), but just tested and they do seem to report manual changes correctly (small test sample).  The one at S2 needs a query to pick up the manual change in status.

Not sure if it is S0/2 related or pre/post migration inclusion.

I thought there were some security options when I included the one lock.  I may take another look at that.

Just now, oberkc said:

I seem to be.  When I manually unlocked it, the Amin panel changed status, then when manually locking it changed again.  I have not done much more exhaustive testing than that, however.

Are your locks setup S2 or S0?

Bad news. I've looked at zwave logs and the lock just doesn't send an update when triggered by hand or via keypad. There is zero communication. 

That could, of course, mean it needs to be enrolled/enabled somehow differently. Or it could mean these locks just don't send updates in S2. 

Here's an example of message coming form Aeotec sensor that I do see as an example:

[2023-01-31 15:31:24.137] [D] [...] RECEIVED: ( 01 18 00 04 00 00 14 0E 9F 03 79 00 0E E9 37 9A 2A 67 0B 44 DB F3 AA 00 00 D6 )
[2023-01-31 15:31:24.137] [D] [...] SENT ACK
[2023-01-31 15:31:24.137] [D] [...] SETDATA devices.20.data.lastReceived = 0 (0x00000000)
[2023-01-31 15:31:24.138] [I] [...] Node 20:0 CC SecurityS2: passing S2 Authenticated decrypted packet to application level: [ 84 07 ]
[2023-01-31 15:31:24.138] [I] [...] Node 20:0 CC Wakeup: Wakeup notification

4 hours ago, rahnee said:

No I did not as when trying to include the locks, it only allowed S2

Maybe locks are forced S2 if available? My lock is not S2 capable so do not know for sure, but I know when I add any other S2 device I can uncheck the security options and leave at S0.

Per ticket with @Chris JahnThis is fixed in the next build.  Unfortunately the build is being held up a bit for unrelated reasons, but hopefully it will be out soon.

I believe this was in reference to 5.5.5 that was released yesterday and updated this afternoon.

Bug Fixes

• Associations and Scenes Links (Fixes issues with scenes and many status reports from devices)
  • Some Binary Sensors not reporting status
  • Green icons indicating pending writes to the device
  • Node address conflicts for Alarm / Alarm Sensor / Binary Sensor
  • ZEN34 / ZEN17 / ZEN16 / ZSE42 supported
  • Central Scene Controller nodes missing in some cases
  • Insteon/X10: Not decoding X10 responses correctly

It doesn't seem to have fixed the update issue.

Disclaimer:  I didn't catch the beeps and pull the power.  IoX did reboot and the AC came up showing the new firmware/UI version (w/o needing to clear Java cache either).  Possibly some other updates may happen when/after rebooting the whole system or clearing Java.