New Install, cannot discover devices

bradshawkyle

Like the title says, I can't seem to get the Node Server to discover my devices.  It's worth noting they're running the S1 app (not the newer S2) as some of my devices are 1st Gen Sonos.  I have some ZP100's and ZP80's that still work perfectly at 15+ years.  The devices are on wifi (not currently using the Bridge) and eISY is on the same 2.4GhZ network.  I've tried reinstalling the Node Server and restarting eISY, along with clicking Discover in PG3 and in Admin console, and the Node Server shows connected in both places as well.

Any troubleshooting tips would be greatly appreciated. 

I tried that first and ran into sone strange behavior.  I couldn't access via Admin Console, PG3 disconnected, no UD Mobile, BUT I could see and control devices via ISY Portal.  I looked around for a post explaining how to configure Ethernet and could only find instructions to "plug it in and wireless is disabled".  And ideas how to resolve?  If not, I guess I could back-up, factory reset, and configure eISY with Ethernet instead of Wifi.  Seems kinda of extreme, though.....

That said, I'm willing to go that route if I can get things working properly.

I've been using the eISY for over a month now. This node server has never worked on eISY. I've tried every version of IoX and PG3x since late Dec. Multiple installs, restarts, etc. All Sonos S2, and a wired connection to the eISY and half of my Sonos devices. Dashboard shows connected with one ST-Sonos controller node. No device nodes.

Today, I noticed 1.0.7 of ST-Sonos. Changelog says "update to work with eisy," along with a 50% price cut. Still doesn't work. Same as before, "connected" with one node.

I attached my 1.0.7 debug log if anyone wants to take a peek.

ST-Sonos_1-31-2023_64452-PM.zip

2 hours ago, bradshawkyle said:

I tried that first and ran into sone strange behavior.  I couldn't access via Admin Console, PG3 disconnected, no UD Mobile, BUT I could see and control devices via ISY Portal.  I looked around for a post explaining how to configure Ethernet and could only find instructions to "plug it in and wireless is disabled".  And ideas how to resolve?  If not, I guess I could back-up, factory reset, and configure eISY with Ethernet instead of Wifi.  Seems kinda of extreme, though.....

That said, I'm willing to go that route if I can get things working properly.

If you press the multi function button 4 times that will reset the network configuration on eisy.

@bradshawkylemake sure everything is up-to-date by using the "upgrade packages" button on the configuration tab of the Admin Console.

It should switch automatically when you plug in a ethernet cable.  However, it will likely get a new IP address from your router so make sure you account for that when trying to access the Admin Console or PG3x.

@auger66I just released version 1.0.8, see if that version fixes your issue.

47 minutes ago, bpwwer said:

@auger66I just released version 1.0.8, see if that version fixes your issue.

Yes, it did. The dashboard and store are still showing 1.0.7, btw. But it's clearly a new version since it works now.

My exit-music-fade-to-off-pause-and-reset-volume program executes so rapidly on eisy compared to the ISY, it's really like hitting the pause button. I'll have to play with it.

I've run into other eisy's-too-fast issues after switching over. Some steps in other old ISY programs I had to add repeats to make them more reliable. All Insteon fwiw.

Thanks!

Edited by auger66