UD Mobile crying when WAN drops

johnstonf
Go to solution Solved by johnstonf,

So, after a power outage sent me on this journey, I see that (for me at least), UD-Mobile is horrible at running locally, when WAN is disabled.  I have a video attached, showing UD-Mobile having a nervous breakdown, as soon as i unplug my modem  (I have an Insteon switch to turn it off and on... shown is "SW-Inet-Modem).

I uploaded a video of my session to YouTube at:

I found another app called SimpleHomeController, which works (While UD-Mobile is crying the blues), that I use to turn the modem off and on for testing.

I have my WiFi's in the settings, and approved/allowed, as instructed, but that doesn't help. 

So, first I show UD-Mobile running fine when WAN is up... Then i kick the modem off, (My whole internal network stays up)...  then the fun starts.  After i turn the modem back on, it takes a good 10-15 minutes until UD-Mobile finally puts the Kleenex away, and starts playing nicely.

Can anyone shed light on this?

Thanks

Please verify the local connection is actually established as it appears only portal connection is being established, the error shows my.isy.io as the host. https://youtu.be/gmeVGXI2Vbg?t=56

Go to Settings-Tab > Systems > your system > Local Connection settings > Test Local Connection.

Note: This should work with Android, iOS  will not route traffic to a network without internet.

https://wiki.universal-devices.com/index.php?title=UD_Mobile#WiFi_Connections_without_internet

19 hours ago, johnstonf said:
So, after a power outage sent me on this journey, I see that (for me at least), UD-Mobile is horrible at running locally, when WAN is disabled.  I have a video attached, showing UD-Mobile having a nervous breakdown, as soon as i unplug my modem  (I have an Insteon switch to turn it off and on... shown is "SW-Inet-Modem).

I uploaded a video of my session to YouTube at:

I found another app called SimpleHomeController, which works (While UD-Mobile is crying the blues), that I use to turn the modem off and on for testing.

I have my WiFi's in the settings, and approved/allowed, as instructed, but that doesn't help. 

So, first I show UD-Mobile running fine when WAN is up... Then i kick the modem off, (My whole internal network stays up)...  then the fun starts.  After i turn the modem back on, it takes a good 10-15 minutes until UD-Mobile finally puts the Kleenex away, and starts playing nicely.

Can anyone shed light on this?

Thanks

Hmmm.... I had posted in here 5 minutes after i posted, that I had found the fix myself (Even before Javi's post)... (It seems to not have made it)... anyways, the fix for me was to delete and re-do the wi-fi entries... presto, worked.

I forgot to mention Local Connection Settings requires location permission is granted with "While using app" which may also have been the cause.  Test Local connection and adding a WiFi network will prompt for permission. Permission prompt will not happen in normal operation as Android requires app to be in foreground. The app may try to establish/re-establish connection in the background or before the app is completely in foreground, so prompt would fail and may crash app. Permissions are not transferred with app backups.

• Thanks 1