Firmware 2.7.13 BETA is Now Available

Michel Kohanim

2.7.13 - installed fine for me and everything seems good except for I still cant right click on a device in "my lighting" at the bottom on the window. Is anyone else having this issue? I made sure to clear my Java cache and temp files in IE8 on a PC. I can right click on a scene that is at bottom but when its expanded I cant right click on the device either.

I can confirm this as well. Easy solution is reposition device so it's not at the bottom then right click.

LOL - That's what I am doing now but I have over 100+ devices so there is always a bottom regardless of even the highest screen resolution of 2500x1600. Even the last device in the last scene is at the bottom. :)

I think its a small BUG that needs to be noted and fixed in an upcoming release.

If you click on the beginning of the name (to the left) does the context menu open?

Rand

I can confirm this as well. Easy solution is reposition device so it's not at the bottom then right click.

LOL - That's what I am doing now but I have over 100+ devices so there is always a bottom regardless of even the highest screen resolution of 2500x1600. Even the last device in the last scene is at the bottom. :)

I think its a small BUG that needs to be noted and fixed in an upcoming release.

ISY-99i running 2.7.13. Flushed cache after upgrade from 2.7.11 and calling from http://myisy/admin.

Changes to the navigation don't refresh (i.e. renaming devices, moving devices). I have to close the console and log back in to see the changes. Would be nice to have a force refresh button anyways.

As mentioned in another thread, creating a group with the same name as another does not work. I have Upstairs and added Secondary under it just fine. I also have Downstairs and tried to add Secondary under it and it flaked out. The workaround was to create the 2nd Secondary group as another name, and then rename it back to Secondary.

I have 2 KPLs v.2D and v.36 that I cannot change the LED brightness. I see that there are only values 0-7, but the product documentation mentions 32 levels. I manually set my v.2D KPL with the C&F presses, but still would nice if it worked. Also if 0 is the default, what do you consider off?

I just installed an IOLinc w/ garage sensor last night. Got it to work, but the Wiki instructions don't match up with the same option names anymore. My problem is that the Relay and Sensor icon arrows are pointing the wrong way. Since the icons are arrows by themselves, the name of the device logically is the device. Therefore, the Relay should be pointed to (right arrow) and the Sensor should be pointed away from (left arrow).

Can I request a feature be added to the WEB/CLOSE.HTM page to include a link back to the admin page instead of being blank. Due to the navigation refresh problem, I'm closing and have to change the URL manually. A link would be really nice.

In general things are running smooth though. Thanks for the hard work!

Hello Genstr,

Please see my comments below.

With kind regards,

ISY-99i running 2.7.13. Flushed cache after upgrade from 2.7.11 and calling from http://myisy/admin.

Changes to the navigation don't refresh (i.e. renaming devices, moving devices). I have to close the console and log back in to see the changes. Would be nice to have a force refresh button anyways.

This sounds like ISY is not able to send events to the Admin Client. Do you get status change events from your devices? What firewall software do you have? When you cleared the cache, were all your browser windows closed?

As mentioned in another thread, creating a group with the same name as another does not work. I have Upstairs and added Secondary under it just fine. I also have Downstairs and tried to add Secondary under it and it flaked out. The workaround was to create the 2nd Secondary group as another name, and then rename it back to Secondary.

I think you are referring to folders, correct? If so, this is a known issue and shall be fixed shortly. If you are referring to scenes, then we have not been able to reproduce it.

I have 2 KPLs v.2D and v.36 that I cannot change the LED brightness. I see that there are only values 0-7, but the product documentation mentions 32 levels. I manually set my v.2D KPL with the C&F presses, but still would nice if it worked. Also if 0 is the default, what do you consider off?

This is why I am wondering that perhaps you do not have the latest Admin Console (your system is using the cached copy). For KPLs, you should see an on level and off level the total combination of which is 32. Of course, this would only work for later version of KPLs than 2D.

I just installed an IOLinc w/ garage sensor last night. Got it to work, but the Wiki instructions don't match up with the same option names anymore. My problem is that the Relay and Sensor icon arrows are pointing the wrong way. Since the icons are arrows by themselves, the name of the device logically is the device. Therefore, the Relay should be pointed to (right arrow) and the Sensor should be pointed away from (left arrow).

Thanks so very much for pointing this out .. I do appreciate it.

Can I request a feature be added to the WEB/CLOSE.HTM page to include a link back to the admin page instead of being blank. Due to the navigation refresh problem, I'm closing and have to change the URL manually. A link would be really nice.

Yes, absolutely and thanks so very much for the feedback.

Hello All,

Thanks so very much for all the feedback. I managed to reproduce the problem on our iMAC. The problem is that [for some unknown reason] the latest MAC does not send the HTTP body within the ISY alloted timeout (and hence invalid length since not all the body was sent).

Thankfully, you can set the HTTP/HTTPS timeout value for ISY:

1. Telnet to ISY

2. Login

3. Issue CWT

4. Change the HTTP timeout to 10000 or above

Alternatively, you can use the following URL:

https://your.isy.ip.address/admin OR

https://your.isy.ip.address/admin.jnlp

Since HTTPS has a higher timeout value, the upgrade succeeds.

I tried both methods and both succeed.

With kind regards,

Michel

Thanks so much for being so thorough Michel,

I have challenges getting to the admin console through the browser as you know, so I used the telnet method to change the CWT. This did not work for me. I changed it to 10000, then used the jnlp and upgrade stopped at 13% with an invalid length error. I changed it to 15000 and I made it to 15% before failure.

Then I tried the HTTPS method through the browser, first changing my Java prefs so that applets will run in their own processes. Failure through FireFox, but success through Safari. Thanks.

I still cannot get the admin console to work through a browser if the applet is allowed to run inside the browser with 2.7.13. I guess I am going to have to jump over to Snow Leopard one of these days...

I'm not sure if this exists for all mac users, but the networking module file browser still seems to have this issue: on a mac, when you try to drag files from the computer side instead of dragging, it highlights files in the path of the drag...

Just wanted to give you a heads up...

Burak

Hi Illusion,

Ah ... in Java preferences, can you please make sure you click the option such that the application/applet runs in the browser's process and not its own process. This might explain the discrepancy between firefox and safari.

ryarber, we are hoping to have an official release the next time around in which case the url becomes /99i (without any release versions). As such, I do note your request but must postpone it till after our official release.

burakk, on MAC drag and drop does not work that's why you should use the Copy menu item.

With kind regards,

Michel

Hi Illusion,

Ah ... in Java preferences, can you please make sure you click the option such that the application/applet runs in the browser's process and not its own process. This might explain the discrepancy between firefox and safari.

With kind regards,

Michel

Ah, but if I run the applet in the browser's process I have no access to the admin console whatsoever. Remember, I am on a Mac running Leopard and for some reason the applet calls up Java 1.5 if it runs in the browser. The only way for me to get to the admin console through a browser is if I changed the setting so the applet runs in its own process and I use Safari

ryarber, we are hoping to have an official release the next time around in which case the url becomes /99i (without any release versions). As such, I do note your request but must postpone it till after our official release.

Hi Michel,

I already have the following link in IsyAjax to install the admin console that has a version number in it. To maintain compatibility, next release couldn't you add a link both with and without the version, that took you to the same file.

"http://www.universal-devices.com/99i//admin.jnlp"

Thanks,

Nick

Upgraded from 2.7.6 to 2.7.13 a couple days ago. I'm not able to see the status of any of my Insteon switches. When I go to the Admin Console, the "Current State" column is blank. I've cleared the Java cache both during the install and a few times after. I've rebooted the ISY-99 and my computer a couple of times also. When I hit the Query button at the bottom of the console, nothing happens. All the programs seem to be running fine.

Any ideas what's wrong?

Hi johnmsch,

Yes! Can you tell me what firewall software you are running on your computer?

I recently installed Kaspersky 2010. Now that I think about it, I probably haven't been to the Admin Console since that install.

After posting my question yesterday, I started searching around in this forum for "Kaspersky". I found the one thread that tells how to setup the exceptions. I did all that, rebooted everything but still can not see the status.

Also, you might want to try https://your.isy.ip.address (some firewalls are more lenient on https sites).

That works! Any idea why the exceptions mentioned above don't work?

Thanks again!!!!