Support thread: IoX 5.5.6 Release

Chris Jahn

32 minutes ago, TRI0N said:

Now PG3x won't accept my password.

Did you launch admin console before trying to launch PG3x? Did you reboot the eisy or power cycle?

if you got the message that updates were needed it probably hadn’t finished updating yet. Make sure you give a good amount of time before trying to launch admin console again. 

2 hours ago, Bumbershoot said:

@Chris Jahn, my GoControl garage door openers are now operating normally and reporting status.  All other Z-Wave devices are operating correctly as well, as far as I have tested.  I didn't migrate, however.  I excluded on my Polisy and included them on my eisy.  My Z-Wave network isn't all that extensive.

Curious what the nodes look like and how it shows up in IoX to control it. I have a Zen17 for IoX control, and also a cheap $30 native HomeKit wired in parallel so I can use my iPhone/Apple Watch with Siri (was easier than trying to get it into HK other way).

1 hour ago, Geddy said:

Did you launch admin console before trying to launch PG3x? Did you reboot the eisy or power cycle?

if you got the message that updates were needed it probably hadn’t finished updating yet. Make sure you give a good amount of time before trying to launch admin console again. 

Yes did UDAC first then used the link inside UDAC Node Servers Menu for PG3x ... Then tried the reboot from UDAC then tried 6 presses to shutdown but the light never turned red after 2 minutes so I pulled the cord let it set for 30 seconds and plugged it back in. Everything works so far.

But what's with the the system not performing with just a Reboot? I guess I'll install a Kasa Power Cube, so I don't have to climb up into the security closet in the attic to cycle power.

Will run this a few days before updating the other eisy from 5.5.4 that I was keeping at that version till things smoothed out.

TRI0N

As others here I required an extra reboot on both my Polisy & Eisy to make PG3 come up. Did not need to ssh & run update script. 
most node servers started in their own which is great except backup/restore and openweather . They both required a restart to get going. 
I’ll try to remember to cross post there

nothing new on zwave devices so far. 

18 hours ago, DennisC said:

It's been several hours since I did the upgrade to v5.5.6. I have been alternating trying to restart PG3x, rebooting eisy, and/or upgrading packages. While my firmware and UI is at v5.5.6, I can not get Weatherflow Node Server to update the admin console with Tempest Data. The forecast data shows up, as does wind and pressure. All other values for my Tempest read 0.

I have confirmed the station number has not changed. After every reboot (waiting about 15 minutes) I have to query all the node servers.

Every so often, after rebooting, I receive a message when logging in to admin console per the below screenshot:

image.png.f1fe05dc686c37537a5cc52959d60d92.png

I try to update, the admin console closes, but there is no pending update.

Still no luck getting Weatherflow data to populate.

One other thing, in the admin console, Weatherflow is shown as on line and last seen 1676317868 seconds ago.

To close the loop on this, Michel spent over two hours in my system yesterday trying to figure out why I am getting the upgrade packages notice. He confirmed I had all of the latest upgrades. For now, he told me to ignore the message.

As for Weatherflow node server not starting, that required a patch from Bob which he issued last night (upgrade 3.0.28).

• Like 1

I have been following the threads and with my Polisy (only three zwave devices) I have not been having any problems, I guess lucky (looking for wood to knock on).

But I have a problem with my Win11 PC. It has been working great with the ISY-Finder and I am not sure what changed.

I cleared the java programs cache and ran the start.jnlp file and it creates the IoX Launcher icon on the desktop.

but when I run the IoX Launcher I get the UD logo for about 2 sec and then nothing.

If I run this admin.jnlp the admin console opens right up (but not via the ISY-Finder when using the IoX Launcher)

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <jnlp spec="1.0+" codebase="http://192.168.10.20:8080" href="/admin.jnlp"><information><title>Polisy Admin Console</title><vendor>Universal Devices</vendor><description>Polisy Admin Console</description><homepage href="https://www.universal-devices.com"/><description kind="short">Polisy Admin Console</description><shortcut online="false"><desktop/><menu submenu="(5200) "/></shortcut><icon href="http://192.168.10.20:8080/web/isy.jpg"/><icon kind="splash" href="http://192.168.10.20:8080/WEB/udlogo.jpg"/></information><security><all-permissions/></security><update check="background" policy="prompt-update"/><resources><jar href="/WEB/polisy.jar" download="eager"/><jar href="/WEB/ce.jar" download="lazy"/><jar href="/WEB/chart.jar" download="lazy"/><j2se version="1.8+"/></resources><application-desc main-class="com.universaldevices.client.ui.UDClientApplet"><argument>urn:udi-com:device:X_Polisy_Device:1</argument><argument>uuid:00........</argument><argument>http://192.168.10.20:8080/desc</argument></application-desc></jnlp>

further if I use my wifes laptop to run the start.jnlp, then run the IoX Launcher it works fine.

clearly an issue with my PC,  ANY Ideas how to debug this?

This started when I was using V5.5.5, but V5.5.5 was working for a few days or so from when I upgraded from 5.5.4.

Then this issue started. I am now running V5.5.6  with the same results.

I am using jre1.8.0_361 x86 on both my pc and my wifes.

Yes I have rebooted and cleared the java cache several times. Firewall is OFF

For others who might be thinking of updating to IoX 5.5.6, I upgraded successfully from IoX 5.4.4 and PG3 3.1.16 on Polisy.  I'm using the Z-Matter board.  I used the Upgrade Packages button in the Admin Console.  Once I received the 4+ beeps from Polisy, I waited about 5 minutes for IoX to restart (this can take around 4 or 4 minutes on my system).  I then used the Reboot button for Polisy in the Admin Console to restart Polisy.  Everything came back online including PG3 which in the past required a separate reboot to get the versions displaying properly in the main screen.  I rebooted it for good measure and so far so good.

Next time I'll try the firmware update from UD Mobile(iOS).

12 minutes ago, JMcKain said:

clearly an issue with my PC,  ANY Ideas how to debug this?

You might want to completely remove Java from your computer. Go through the uninstall process, but also look for the Java Uninstall Tool (https://www.java.com/en/download/uninstalltool.jsp) to completely check the computer. 

• Clear java cache (checking all 3 boxes)
  • Uninstall Java 
  • Run Java Uninstall Tool
  • Reboot the computer
  • Reinstall Java
  • Download fresh start.jnlp file.
  • Run start.jnlp
  • Open IoX Launcher

I think sometimes the launcher is put into a strange state in the Java world and it loses the location. There's other steps to resolve this, but I don't know them as easily as just uninstalling and re-installing. That's worked for me in the past. 

Make sure any 3rd party Firewall and/or Anti-virus systems are off during the install part. I haven't had issues with just Windows Defender/Windows Firewall running, but I don't run Win11 yet. I'm (still) on Win10 Pro.

• Like 1

@macjeffdiscovered that IoX restarts/reboots if force close java app and many mobile apps. I am still experiencing it in 5.5.6 and just discovered this bug myself last night. I though I would mention this here since this is latest support thread and people may overlook in the older one.

Since most do not use Macs they may not have noticed but it is reproduceable in Windows and mobile apps if force quit app. He is mentions that he is going to work with Michel today but just wondering if this affects more people than us two?

9 minutes ago, JMcKain said:

but no love it does the same thing. My IOP and Poly V2 and V3 all seem to be running just fine...

@JMcKain I think next it might be a file association issue. I think I've seen this before, but I forget how it was resolved. And then I seem to think it was macOS related. 

I don't know how to reset the file associations in Win11, but figure should be same as win10:

Settings > Apps > Default Apps > Choose defaults by file type

Look for .jnlp and make sure it's associated with "Java(TM) Web Launcher".

25 minutes ago, vbPhil said:

IoX seems normal but PG3 isn't responding with the login page and the Node Servers aren't populating AC with data. What's my next move?

Have you rebooted the whole device or power cycled? 

If you can access admin console on configuration tab there should be a "reboot" for eisy or Polisy. If that doesn't work then I shutdown the device and pulled the power for ~10 seconds and everything came up working.

20 minutes ago, vbPhil said:

Upgraded from 5.5.5 to 5.5.6.

IoX seems normal but PG3 isn't responding with the login page and the Node Servers aren't populating AC with data. What's my next move?

You need to specify if you're using PG3 on a Polisy or PG3x on an eisy.  There are significant differences in how each behave at startup.

If you're getting a site not found error and nothing shows up, then PG3(x) isn't running. PG3(x) is the server that serves the web pages to the browser. If it isn't running then there are no pages to be served.  Typical reasons why it's not running would be because it was never started (UDX is supposed to start it) or it crashed on startup or it can't find the IoX or UDX isn't running.   In most cases, a restart of the device will correct any of the above.

If you're getting the log in page, but it won't let you log in

For PG3, that would imply the wrong credentials. The PG3 login authenticates against what's in the PG3 database.

For PG3x, it could mean that UDX isn't running as it uses the IoX credentials and authenticates them using UDX.  Or that the credentials being used are wrong.  The error message will usually indicate which one it is. 

13 minutes ago, Geddy said:

If you can access admin console on configuration tab there should be a "reboot" for eisy or Polisy.

That didn't work.

13 minutes ago, bpwwer said:

If you're getting the log in page, but it won't let you log in

For PG3, that would imply the wrong credentials. The PG3 login authenticates against what's in the PG3 database.

Polisy. I'm not getting the PG3 login page. I'm trying to launch PG3 from the AC menu link and I get a browser page that says 192.168.1.158 refused to connect.

Thanks for the quick help. Deleting the state files resolved the issue.

try deleting your .state files https://wiki.universal-devices.com/index.php?title=Main_Page#Admin_Console_Minimized/Invisible_and_Cannot_be_Restored

With Windows (10 or 11), you can check the IoX Launcher file association quickly by right clicking on the IoX Launcher and selecting Open file location. If it is correct this should open a folder with javaws.exe highlighted.

Thank you for the help.

Edited by JMcKain
43 minutes ago, vbPhil said:

That didn't work.

Polisy. I'm not getting the PG3 login page. I'm trying to launch PG3 from the AC menu link and I get a browser page that says 192.168.1.158 refused to connect.

That means that PG3 isn't running.  If a reboot of the Polisy doesn't fix it, then there's something wrong on your system that is preventing PG3 from starting.  

You can try doing an "Upgrade Packages" again, followed by a system reboot and see if that helps.  If not, you'll have to submit a support ticket.

@bpwwer  @Geddy PG3 is working again.

Here's what I did.

I decided to put in a Support Ticket. Went to UDI Support page and logged in using my ISY Portal Login. After logging in I decided to try PG3 one more time and this time it worked. I wonder if logging in to the ISY Portal had any effect? Anyway, PG3 is accessible again and IoX is showing data from the node servers. Go figure.

1 hour ago, vbPhil said:

Do I have to do anything extra after upgrading to 5.5.6 to make them switch to Fahrenheit?

Read the first post of this thread. Does that help?

Temperature F/C

When a Z-Wave device is added, it will use either F or C based on the configured measurement system

You can change to F/C for a Z-Wave device at any time by doing the following:

• Set the desired measurement system (Admin Console Configuration Tab)
  • right+click Z-Wave | Synchronize | Update
  • Query the device

Started with polisy/5.5.5/pg3 1.1.17 I did an upgrade packges using AC button. After 4 beeps power cycled polisy. AC showed 5.5.6 , but PG3 was not started. I tried a couple of polisy reboots. PG3 still not started. Then I opened an SSH and ran the update command that @brians posted. That resulted in the same package update shown in @brians post, and now PG3 is running.

I upgraded yesterday to 5.5.6 and this afternoon when opening the AC there was a message that there were new updates. I clicked on the Upgrade Packages. Now my eisy no longer shows in the IoX launcher. However eisy does work as I can control it through ISY Portal -ISY Web Access and the ISY Integration  also works with Home Assistant.

I cleared Java and downloaded "start" again, but no luck..... Nothing in the IoX launcher. BTW PG3 does work.