Support thread: IoX 5.5.7 Release

Chris Jahn

@macjeffthinking about this, maybe your issue is that some repeaters you have may not support beaming which could cause delays in your locks. Do you have any dedicated zwave repeaters? If so remove/disable them and see if resolves. With zmatter board the range is so good that typically don’t need them in an average house. However since it seemed to work fine before with zooz this doesn’t make sense really but worth a try and there could be a device that is hanging it up. 

Edited by brians
On 2/26/2023 at 2:57 PM, Techman said:

@GFrazier

Battery operated devices won't respond to a query unless you first wake them up. Reason being is that they go into a sleep mode to preserve battery life.

Which it odd that it's not retaining our programing information settings for the device. You should be able to set those by looking the main Z-Wave Node. There you "should" be able to set the parameters with "Set Configuration" so that it will update the Z-Wave Device upon wake which on Zooz Battery Operated Devices I believe is every 12 hours. The device should perform (one would think) the parameters upon the next device wake. My understanding is this would be used for a fail safe if the device was to somehow lose it's custom setting. That eisy would have a set configuration for the device to restore. "Set Configuration" is not the same as "Write Changes" that should cause eisy to write those changes based on the Set Configuration.

I have been toying with it myself and have not had enough time ATM to focus on if the setting are being cleared after a reboot or login.

The best way to send Parameters to a device is to right click the device -> Z-Wave -> Set Configuration Parameters. This pops up the Z-Wave Configurations Parameters Dialog Box. Here you can Query a Parameter to see what it's current state is.

TRI0N

Battery operated devices have to be awake before you can write the configuration changes to it, or to query the configuration status.

Not sure about the Zooz devices walking up every 12 hours 

A while back we used a program to write changes to a battery operated device. Not sure if this still works with the current firmware. You could set the program to be active for a limited time frame so it would not always be trying to write to the device. This worked for pending link writes, not sure if it would work for configuration updates as they don't show as pending writes.

IF

Device is switched on

THEN

Write changes

1 hour ago, Techman said:

Battery operated devices have to be awake before you can write the configuration changes to it, or to query the configuration status.

Not sure about the Zooz devices walking up every 12 hours 

A while back we used a program to write changes to a battery operated device. Not sure if this still works with the current firmware. You could set the program to be active for a limited time frame so it would not always be trying to write to the device. This worked for pending link writes, not sure if it would work for configuration updates as they don't show as pending writes.

IF

Device is switched on

THEN

Write changes

I don't know of any Write Changes abilities in the Programing Area. I'm also pretty sure all 500 series and above battery devices have a "Wake Up" node.

For all the Zooz battery operated devices I have is a default 12 hour wake interval. I  known this is the case for both their ZSE18 Motion Sensors and their Temp/Humidity Sensor.

I would imagine Zooz keeps their things pretty consistent such as their 3 press Inclusion/Exclusion on all of their devices that I'm aware of.

So assuming the eisy Set Configuration is working correctly it should program the device to the Set Configuration you have set for each parameter upon wake state. I however just set the Keep Awake On and program but that isn't working on all devices at this time.  I have a ticket with UD open but have not had a chance to sit down and perform some shell requests.

The ZSE18's are not setting parameters correctly even if the device it set to "Keep Awake". It's not even responding to Query Requests to see what the parameter is set to. 

TRI0N

Edited by TRI0N
23 hours ago, TRI0N said:

I don't know of any Write Changes abilities in the Programing Area. I'm also pretty sure all 500 series and above battery devices have a "Wake Up" node.

For all the Zooz battery operated devices I have is a default 12 hour wake interval. I  known this is the case for both their ZSE18 Motion Sensors and their Temp/Humidity Sensor.

I would imagine Zooz keeps their things pretty consistent such as their 3 press Inclusion/Exclusion on all of their devices that I'm aware of.

So assuming the eisy Set Configuration is working correctly it should program the device to the Set Configuration you have set for each parameter upon wake state. I however just set the Keep Awake On and program but that isn't working on all devices at this time.  I have a ticket with UD open but have not had a chance to sit down and perform some shell requests.

The ZSE18's are not setting parameters correctly even if the device it set to "Keep Awake". It's not even responding to Query Requests to see what the parameter is set to. 

TRI0N

This touches on something I've been wondering about.  @Chris Jahncan you answer this for me?  Does IoX cache all the Parameters of a Device in the eisy database so that your Parameter settings/values persist in IoX, backed up to a file, and when you issue a Write Changes or whatever the button is does it write all the cached Parameter values or just the one selected above?  I've never been clear on that and currently I'm just using Z-Wave/SetParameterValue/Set or whatever that is.  How does this work?  Thanks.   -Grant

6 hours ago, larryllix said:

Notifications still do not indicate properly and modulus arithmetic was never implemented properly since decimals were introduced in v5.0.1

ISY notification label error.jpg

I am seeing a similar issue with the notifications displaying in programs incorrectly.

In my case, if I go to the Configuration tab for the custom notifications and back to programs, they display correctly.