New locks

dinostop

Looking to replace my 11 year old Yale Zwave locks.  What is everyone using for smart locks? Zwave or wi-fi that integrates with Polisy?

update: looking for lock options that allow me to create programs based on the user code entered into the door lock.  My old Yale locks do this.

thank you.

Edited by dinostop
Added nfirmation
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, mango said:

Schlage Connect have been rock solid for me over the years.

I just switched from 3 Schlage locks after 8 years of use (both Z-wave 300 and 500 versions) - they are a good company and will stand behind their product, even sending me a replacement well beyond the warranty expiration, but, I always had minor communications issues with their locks, mainly with receiving the status, even with beaming repeaters and a lot of z-wave devices, and limited distances to the Z-wave device (z-wave 300 board and Zooz dongle) - I switched to Ultraloq and communications are good now

15 minutes ago, dinostop said:

Do any of those have auto unlock feature so when approaching your door your smartphone with bt sends a signal to unlock it he door?

It'll be easier to put all of your requirements in 1 post so people can provide answers based on  exactly what you're looking for vs general statements one at a time that cuts out all of their recommendations. 

57 minutes ago, lilyoyo1 said:

It'll be easier to put all of your requirements in 1 post so people can provide answers based on  exactly what you're looking for vs general statements one at a time that cuts out all of their recommendations. 

I understand that, however I hadn't considered this feature until after researching the locks people on here suggested.

5 hours ago, JTsao said:

Ultraloq Pro Z-Wave

@JTsao With your Polisy, can the this lock recognize different user codes entered?  Currently my system is set up so that when certain codes are used to unlock the door it arms or disarms the system but when other codes are used the system does not arm or disarm.  This is done so that if I leave for the day and others are at home the system does not arm itself with other in the house since going into the basement would trigger the alarm from a motion sensor. 

No, I am pretty sure that this lock cannot do that with current IoX capabilities - only basic lock/unlock and it does appear to have a way to set and delete user codes (but I haven't used that, I did that with their app) - I switched to this lock because it has multiple ways to enter including fingerprint, code, key or bluetooth (auto-unlock) feature - you might be able to accomplish what you are describing above with geo-fencing to determine who left the house (and who is at home)

There is also a minor issue in re-keying this lock as it doesn't accept a typical lock cylinder, but for me that is not a big deal because you can power it via an external USB port if the battery dies - despite the negatives, I am happier with these locks than with the Schlage, but everyone's use case is different...

Edited by JTsao

@JTsao

thank you for that information.  My Yale lock shows multiple nodes including ability to add user codes and an access control node that shows what user did an action.  If I understand you correctly your only shows locked unlocked and no other node types right?

On 2/24/2023 at 9:42 AM, mango said:

Schlage Connect have been rock solid for me over the years.

@mango are you able to use bluetooth for auto unlock also are you able to see in ISY the different users to create programs based on which user unlocks the door?

I also like that ultraloq lock, but a few things put me off... seemed you needed the app and an account setup to include/exclude it into Z-Wave. And wasn't clear if you can actually add/remove users within ZWave. Also reporting the users in IoX is something I would need also, currently my Yale can do all this.

Been using the SCHLAGE BE469 for 3+ years. Solid Z-Wave product. However I would recommend something using the new S2 Security for a Front Door Lock. That's on my to be replaced but I will be looking at SCHLAGE first for it.

And it does monitor users by code entry. In the "Access Control Alarm" node of the lock. Though I have not used it for alerts. But I do have a Notification Alert for the Battery Level. 

TRI0N

Edited by TRI0N

Sorry for the delay I have not been on the board for a while.

On 2/24/2023 at 10:02 AM, hart2hart said:

Same for me in zwave version with my sy and 300 series zwave board. Are you using zwave plus version? As I move to eisy, trying to decide if the original zwave version of locks work well with the zmatter board.

Yes, zwave plus.

On 2/24/2023 at 10:51 AM, JTsao said:

I just switched from 3 Schlage locks after 8 years of use (both Z-wave 300 and 500 versions) - they are a good company and will stand behind their product, even sending me a replacement well beyond the warranty expiration, but, I always had minor communications issues with their locks, mainly with receiving the status, even with beaming repeaters and a lot of z-wave devices, and limited distances to the Z-wave device (z-wave 300 board and Zooz dongle) - I switched to Ultraloq and communications are good now

No comms issues here but most of the installations are within good range with the ISY's directly.

On 2/25/2023 at 11:53 AM, dinostop said:

@mango are you able to use bluetooth for auto unlock also are you able to see in ISY the different users to create programs based on which user unlocks the door?

I think Bluetooth features come with the sense range (sense has no zwave) not the connect range. Yes, I use some locks at a guest house and change the pins remotely according to the guests preference (that way they always remember it). The locks can trigger events based on user number, locking and unlocking the door(s), and lock state. I perform some actions based on that (guest mode / owner mode etc.).

Edited by mango