Update isy 994 behaving strangely

GreyFox

In order to migrate to a new eisy, I upgraded my isy 994 to the latest version of firmware. After I had done so, a lot of my links (Insteon hardware created) no long work, and none of my programs run. In order to resolve this, I have started to work on the programs.

When I looked at the program detail window, all of the programs had a green arrow. When I looked at the program summary window, the column for run at startup had dashes on each line. So, I went back to the program detail page and clicked on Save Changes. All of the green arrows went away, and now all of the programs have a red vertical bar for each program. Further more, the Program Summary page now shows all programs are to run at startup. Do I need to do anything else to make the programs start running? What does the red bar mean?506356092_ProgramSummary.thumb.jpg.2d7c1605711cd280475ea40fd80da0e0.jpg

Program Details.jpg

The RED line indicates that the last time the program ran the ELSE clause executed. If the THEN clause ran then the line would be GREEN.

Not sure why the "run at startup" is enabled on all your programs as it has to be manually enabled. 

It's possible that your UI and firmware don't match, if so, this can cause unusual results. If you click on help about, what are your firmware and UI versions.

What was your firmware version prior to the update?

Edited by Techman
  • Like 1
8 hours ago, GreyFox said:

I was running 4.8 before the upgrade.

So you updated from v4.x to v5.x?  All of the things you reported are known possible side effects when you migrate from v4.x to v5.x.  Those side effects are why people who have documented going through the migration recommend that before the migration you right-click the very top of your program list (in my case "My Programs") and select "Copy Folder to Clipboard".  Then open a text editor like Notepad and select "Paste".  This will give you a text listing of all your programs, including whether those programs are set to "Run at Startup" and whether "Enabled" is "On" or "Off".

Those particular settings, for some reason, are sometimes messed up through the migration.  Since you don't have such a program listing, you'll have to check each program for "Run at Startup" and "Enabled" and set them based on your memory.  Or, if you have a backup from before the migration, you could revert back to your v4.x firmware, restore your back up, create a program listing as outlined above, and then redo the firmware upgrade.

I think I have my programs working correctly now. Thanks for the suggestions. Now I need to address my issues with some links no longer working.

I started using Insteon technology some time before I acquired an isy.  So, my multi-way circuit links were created by the method of making a SwitchLinc a controller (or responder) in a multi-way circuit. For example, if I had two ordinray light switches controlling a single fixture (a 3 way circuit), I adjusted the wiring so that only one of the SwitchLinc dimmers was connected to the fixture, and then wired the second SwitchLinc dimmer to only connect to the line and neutral wire, and then setting this SwitchLinc to be a controller of the first SwitchLinc. When I look at the My Lighting, none of the links I created this way show up. And when I try to turn on or turn off a fixture using the SwitchLinc I set up as the controller of the SwitchLinc that is directly connected to the fixture, nothing happens. Does this mean I need to re-establish these links using the My Lightin to create scenes?

1 hour ago, GreyFox said:

I think I have my programs working correctly now. Thanks for the suggestions. Now I need to address my issues with some links no longer working.

I started using Insteon technology some time before I acquired an isy.  So, my multi-way circuit links were created by the method of making a SwitchLinc a controller (or responder) in a multi-way circuit. For example, if I had two ordinray light switches controlling a single fixture (a 3 way circuit), I adjusted the wiring so that only one of the SwitchLinc dimmers was connected to the fixture, and then wired the second SwitchLinc dimmer to only connect to the line and neutral wire, and then setting this SwitchLinc to be a controller of the first SwitchLinc. When I look at the My Lighting, none of the links I created this way show up. And when I try to turn on or turn off a fixture using the SwitchLinc I set up as the controller of the SwitchLinc that is directly connected to the fixture, nothing happens. Does this mean I need to re-establish these links using the My Lightin to create scenes?

All scenes need to be created by the isy for it to be aware of them. If you did this manually or with some other software, the isy wouldn't know about it and you would need to set them up via the isy. 

• Like 1
Yes.

If your devices were set up by any other method be sure to factory reset each device, and start fresh with linking them to your ISY.
Then build your scenes from there. ISY will then install the links correctly and be able to manage them later .....and quite well also.

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk

• Like 1