Insteon 2441TH Thermostat Back Light Control

I realize that this is something very minor, but my old thermostat did this and I do miss this feature.

In the manual the back light can be set to "Off", "10 seconds", "60 seconds", and "On". The manual shows its age a bit when it then states that the HouseLinc software can be used to set the back light on time in 1 second intervals. This time is how long the back light stays on after a button press. Since I used my EISY to control when and what to set the thermostat to I rarely interact with the thermostat itself.

The display is large enough that I can see it from most of the way across my main floor so I can check to see what it is doing whenever I want. During the day it can be seen easily, but at night it is too dark.

It would be nice if the EISY could turn the back light on and off on a schedule, say on at sunset and off at sunrise.

K

21 hours ago, K-bert said:

I realize that this is something very minor, but my old thermostat did this and I do miss this feature.

In the manual the back light can be set to "Off", "10 seconds", "60 seconds", and "On". The manual shows its age a bit when it then states that the HouseLinc software can be used to set the back light on time in 1 second intervals. This time is how long the back light stays on after a button press. Since I used my EISY to control when and what to set the thermostat to I rarely interact with the thermostat itself.

The display is large enough that I can see it from most of the way across my main floor so I can check to see what it is doing whenever I want. During the day it can be seen easily, but at night it is too dark.

It would be nice if the EISY could turn the back light on and off on a schedule, say on at sunset and off at sunrise.

K

If this feature is not available now in eisy, the only way of getting it added is to make UD aware of it. Therefore, you need to open a help ticket and supply all of the information.