Feature Enhancement: Add temp to motion sensor values passed to ISY.

stevehoyt
Go to solution Solved by Panda88,

After a quick look, I only see the temperature being sent when you query the device (getState).  Not on alerts or updates.  It also shows -1 in the log I found.

I am not 100% sure, but my experience with battery operated devices a getState to the device gets a cached value (from last update from cloud) - not current.  It simply burns too much power constantly querying it.

I can take a look at providing access to this, but be aware of the above  - It is possible the temperature is updated upon alerts (and can be retrieved afterwards), but we cannot force an update besides the normal report cycle (hours) when no motion occurs 

I need to compare indor and outdoorl Motion sensors to be 100% sure of how it operates (it is not documented in the API documentation), but my guess is they would report the same.

Git or here is fine as long as I am mentioned (so I get a message) 

After a quick look, I only see the temperature being sent when you query the device (getState).  Not on alerts or updates. 

While you're looking into this could you also check leak sensors? In the YoLink app the leak sensor details show temperatures, which could be useful.