Perfect lightbulb?

someguy

I saw it by going on line to Home Depot and it must have a cookie as it knows what store I picked for local store.

Then when I looked at the LED section it showed the Philips in a few spots. Some where marked Store Only and where much lower than the online to you prices. Also let me see how many the stock control system showed the store had.

I believe there was a ten unit limit and you could order them from the web site for pick up from the store stock.

It was the Philips EnduraLED line. One time I saw the 40w equivalent that was $9.99. Now I believe it is the 60W or maybe the 75W equivalent ones.

I believe this is the main page for the LED offerings.

It has my store choice in the link so you would have to change the locations.

http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/sto ... ght-_-LEDs

This is the bulbs I have read good things about.

http://www.usa.lighting.philips.com/lig ... enduraled/

It was the Philips EnduraLED line. One time I saw the 40w equivalent that was $9.99. Now I believe it is the 60W or maybe the 75W equivalent ones.

I don't have any links to the sales pages of Home depot.

This is the bulbs I have read good things about.

http://www.usa.lighting.philips.com/lig ... enduraled/

OK. I have never seen a 40 watt Endura Phillips bulb so that is why I was wondering. HD here sells the 60 watt for $25.

At $10 I would buy 20 of them, maybe more. I have to count how many places I could put that bulb.

They may have been clearing them out.

I don't see the exact bulb there any more, but there is one with a 'A' shaped cover that I believe has the yellow but glowing white covering inside it. It is listed as a 40 watt equivalent.

They may have been clearing them out.

I don't see the exact bulb there any more, but there is one with a 'A' shaped cover that I believe has the yellow but glowing white covering inside it. It is listed as a 40 watt equivalent.

My guess is that some local power utilities are subsidizing the cost of the bulbs to get them out there. For example, when the Ecosmart (Cree CR6) bulbs were new and $50 or more they were $20 to $30 in certain Home Depot locations.

• 1 year later...

I just picked up one of the new Cree 9.5W (60W) LED bulbs from Home Depot. I think this bulb meet the OP's requirements quite well.

In testing they did not show any visible flicker with Insteon traffic at all. Only downside was a slight hum when dimmed.

Really smooth dim profile, unidirectional illumination, very nice color. $13

• 4 months later...

My guess is that some local power utilities are subsidizing the cost of the bulbs to get them out there. For example, when the Ecosmart (Cree CR6) bulbs were new and $50 or more they were $20 to $30 in certain Home Depot locations.

Definitely the case here in SE PA. PECO is local utility (Exelon company) and they are heavily subsidizing bulb prices. Would not be nearly as attractive w/o that.

Archived