‘Updated packages’ and ‘different subscription (restart!)’ dialogs--NOT!

Go to solution Solved by Geddy,

eisy (5226), firmware 5.5.7 (2/17/23), with OpenADR (21010), Networking Module (21040), Portal Integration—UDI (21075), and A10/X10 Module (21060).

Periodically, I get a dialog box that states “Some updated packages are available for your system!!!  You may ignore but it's best to update your packages by clicing on the Update Packages button in the Conifguration tab.”  

When I attempt to click on “Upgrade Packages” in Configuration, I get a dialog stating “Are you sure you would like to upgrade all packages?  Depending on the size of the upgrade, this process may take up to 30 minutes,” and when I click Yes, an empty dialog box flashes momentarily, then the admin console and the launcher both quit.  

If I relaunch after a while I get the same messages again.  I’ve also seen an error dialog that states “[PLATFORM ERRORS--1011] [portal]”; however, the log is empty, and the error log has only a bunch of -170001 errors of the form

Sat 2023/03/04 16:36:02 0 -170001 <s:Envelope><s:Body><u:GetErrorLog xmlns:u="urn:udi-com:service:X_IoX_Service:1"></u:GetErrorLog></s:Body></s:Envelope>

Meanwhile I also periodically get another dialog that states “Event Received For a Different Subscription; Restart!” and most menu items in the admin console dim out, except ‘Exit’.  Sometimes I get several identical dialogs.  Restarting both the hardware and the software does not eliminate the recurring dialog, but it doesn’t happen every time.

In fact, I had a subscription with my old ISY-994i, but changed it over to the eisy.  If that’s what this is about, how do I fix it?  If that’s not it, what is?!

I have logs and error logs available.  Meanwhile, the good news is that the eisy mostly works as always (although one or two Insteon modules don’t turn off consistently).

• Solution
1 minute ago, Gib Henry said:

Periodically, I get a dialog box that states “Some updated packages are available for your system!!!  You may ignore but it's best to update your packages by clicing on the Update Packages button in the Conifguration tab.”

I think this is a known issue and being worked on and hopefully corrected in the next release. I've seen @DennisC comment about this being known. 

I believe the other is also part of the same issue. 

I had the issue once and it hasn't returned (thankfully). I'm not sure if others that got this error still get it often. 
(@DennisC do you still get the alert?)

4 minutes ago, Gib Henry said:

Meanwhile I also periodically get another dialog that states “Event Received For a Different Subscription; Restart!” and most menu items in the admin console dim out, except ‘Exit’. 

You can check the subscriptions by using this URL: http://eisy.ip.address.here:8080/rest/subscriptions (replace the crossed out text with your actual eisy IP). It will ask for your user/pass this should be for local login to admin console. 

The result is an XML file showing the subscriptions to the isy process. 

<Subscriptions>
<Sub isExpired="yes" isPortal="no" sid="-1" sock="-1" isReusingSocket="no" isConnecting="no"/>
<Sub isExpired="yes" isPortal="no" sid="-1" sock="-1" isReusingSocket="no" isConnecting="no"/>
<Sub isExpired="yes" isPortal="no" sid="36" sock="7" isReusingSocket="yes" isConnecting="no"/>
<Sub isExpired="no" isPortal="yes" sid="0" sock="28" isReusingSocket="no" isConnecting="no"/>
<Sub isExpired="yes" isPortal="no" sid="39" sock="9" isReusingSocket="yes" isConnecting="no"/>
</Subscriptions>

I would suggest you shutdown the eisy (6 button presses...wait for red light), pull the power, wait ~20 seconds, power it back up, wait ~60-90 seconds, and log into Admin Console.

1 minute ago, Geddy said:

I think this is a known issue and being worked on and hopefully corrected in the next release. I've seen @DennisC comment about this being known. 

I believe the other is also part of the same issue. 

I had the issue once and it hasn't returned (thankfully). I'm not sure if others that got this error still get it often. 
(@DennisC do you still get the alert?)

You can check the subscriptions by using this URL: http://eisy.ip.address.here:8080/rest/subscriptions (replace the crossed out text with your actual eisy IP). It will ask for your user/pass this should be for local login to admin console. 

The result is an XML file showing the subscriptions to the isy process. 

<Subscriptions>
<Sub isExpired="yes" isPortal="no" sid="36" sock="7" isReusingSocket="yes" isConnecting="no"/>
<Sub isExpired="no" isPortal="yes" sid="0" sock="28" isReusingSocket="no" isConnecting="no"/>
<Sub isExpired="yes" isPortal="no" sid="39" sock="9" isReusingSocket="yes" isConnecting="no"/>
</Subscriptions>

I would suggest you shutdown the eisy (6 button presses...wait for red light), pull the power, wait ~20 seconds, power it back up, wait ~60-90 seconds, and log into Admin Console.

Yes, both the update packages and subscriptions notices are known issues. I know they found the issue with the subscription issue and it will be in the next release.

I still get both of these.

• Thanks 1

Yea, I saw/had this too but it mysteriously disappeared.  I think I requested the eisy to update again, a couple of times but if I remember right it went away after I rebooted from the Unix command prompt.  It's been a ~couple of weeks and no problems since.  Couple of little nuances but that's resolved too.  The e-mail thing & a problem w/ a couple Homeseer flood light motion sensors but I've got all that back to working the way it did before 5.5.7 .

Mine went away but as of the last few days it has returned. Been also getting an error message too now, something about some Event Received for a Different Subscription mumbo jumbo. The error message went away after I rebooted. The update Ho Ha randomly decided to just show up whenever it feels like it.

Further Note: Polyglot V3x is saying there is an update but update packages doesn't update it. 

PG3x Version 3.1.22
[Version 3.1.23 update available]

Hummm

TRI0N

Edited by TRI0N
8 hours ago, TRI0N said:

Mine went away but as of the last few days it has returned. Been also getting an error message too now, something about some Event Received for a Different Subscription mumbo jumbo. The error message went away after I rebooted. The update Ho Ha randomly decided to just show up whenever it feels like it.

Further Note: Polyglot V3x is saying there is an update but update packages doesn't update it. 

PG3x Version 3.1.22
[Version 3.1.23 update available]

Hummm

TRI0N

FYI

If you haven't, see my post about 3 or 4 post above this one.

16 hours ago, Geddy said:

Okay, cleared the log and error log, then did the 6-button-press tango.  On the next launch, I still got the dialog about updated packages, but not the ones about platform errors or different subscriptions (yet!).  The log and error log appeared not to show any problematic errors.  So I think this is as resolved as it gets until the next firmware update.

Still puzzled by the apparent crash after clicking Configuration/System/Upgrade Packages—just don't do that (for now)!  Thanks again for the hand-holding, everyone!

• Like 1
42 minutes ago, Gib Henry said:

Still puzzled by the apparent crash after clicking Configuration/System/Upgrade Packages—just don't do that (for now)

You’re at 5.5.7 so no need to upgrade packages again (currently).  You can follow the “current release” area to get notifications when new releases are posted. That’s when you would want/need to update. I usually suggest people don’t randomly hit update. Many have learned it has crashed their systems randomly hitting the upgrade packages process. It’s hard do hold off thinking you’ll get some random update, but best to wait until official releases are posted if you’re at the current level already.  

All your issues seem to be known issues and hopefully corrected in next release.