Upgrade firmware, now can't sign in.

fegelmej
Go to solution Solved by lilyoyo1,

Thanks for the reply, i realized my opening ask was not particularly polite.  Yes, I have rebooted.  Both the ISY and the windows machine I use to access it.  Also, cleared the Java cache.  I have backups of the set up, I don't think those will allow me to bypass the sign in feature.  Appreciate any suggestions.

Assuming when you say ISY, you are referring to an ISY994 unit. What firmware did you upgrade to and did you download a new copy of stat.jnlp after clearing Java cache?

ISY firmware has not been updated in some time, so know what you started with and what you upgraded to will help us help you.

Edited by DennisC
Corrected spelling
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, lilyoyo1 said:

If you upgraded from 4.xx to the latest firmware, the instructions on the firmware page states that the password was reset to default

Thanks all.  I did not appreciate the reset to default.  I'm assuming it's admin, and yep that worked.  Thanks for the assist.   I went from 4.8 to 5.3.4

On 3/14/2023 at 7:39 AM, fegelmej said:

I did not appreciate the reset to default. 

I hope you meant to type that you did not anticipate the reset to default. 

After all there is an entire section in the upgrade instructions on the topic:

Important User/Password changes:

-      If your current version is 5.0.7 or earlier, then after installing 5.0.8 or later your userid and password will be reset back to the system default.

-      If you restore a backup created from 5.0.7 or earlier, your userid and password will be reset back to the system default.

-      If you downgrade from version 5.0.8 or later to version 5.0.7 or earlier then after installing version 5.0.7 or earlier, you will have to Factory Reset the ISY and optionally install a backup taken in that version or earlier.

Security was upgraded, there was no way to decrypt your old credentials then re-encrypt.