I/O module in reverse trigger mode out of sync after ISY reboot

Lore

When the Polisy (or formerly the ISY) gets rebooted it's out of sync with the sensor state of any I/O module set to Reverse Trigger.  I need to query or close/open what's connected to the sensor pins.  This effectively makes using the Reverse Trigger mode unreliable after a power failure.

8 hours ago, Lore said:

When the Polisy (or formerly the ISY) gets rebooted it's out of sync with the sensor state of any I/O module set to Reverse Trigger.  I need to query or close/open what's connected to the sensor pins.  This effectively makes using the Reverse Trigger mode unreliable after a power failure.

Try creating a program that queries the device in question and have it run at startup. Place a wait of several minutes before the query. That will give the Polisy a chance to complete start up.

@Lore I think current versions of IoX are not putting the "old" Default Query All program back in the system. It would need to be created. Smart suggestion from @DennisC to have it delay a moment as the Polisy starts up. It starts up much quick than the old ISY994 did, but has a lot of dependencies running on initial boot.

To make the Query All program set it up this way:

00-Query All - KEEP - [Run At Startup]

If
        Time is  3:05:10AM

Then
        Wait  2 minutes 
        Set 'ISY' Query

Else
   - No Actions - (To add one, press 'Action')

For the "THEN" section you'll find "Your Devices" in the action option. Once created you have to go to the summary, right click on the program and "Enable Run at Startup"

(Note: "ISY" is the name (or folder name) for your ISY if you renamed it on the "Main" tab. It might be near the bottom of the device list and should have a terminal looking icon next to it: image.png)

You could also just query the individual devices depending on the size of your install and number of items needed to query. 

• Like 1

@Geddy

@DennisC

Thanks.  While Query does bring the I/O Linc Sensor to the correct reversed state after a power cycle, the relay sometimes flips during the Query.  Not sure if this is an issue with the ISY code or the I/O Linc.  I've chosen to stop using the Reverse Trigger feature and simply reversed my ISY logic.  This also messes up the display on my MobiLinc Pro phone app a bit, but I was able to kludge around it by relabeling ON and OFF.  I suppose I could also build a circuit with resisters and stuff to effectively reverse the trigger as well.  It seems the I/O linc preferse normally closed type monitoring.

• Like 1

You could try using UD Mobile instead. As a former Mobilinc user, UD Mobile is a much better app.

It's eisy to customize and very quick to connect. As part the process of setting up a node, you get to choose what verbiage is displayed and can set colors for different states. It also interfaces to the portal seamlessly.

I

There is no charge and it requires a minimum firmware of v5.016.

https://wiki.universal-devices.com/index.php?title=UD_Mobile

@Lore I didn't have a chance read more about the I/O Links the other day (I don't have any I/O Link devices). Why are the devices setup in reverse? I just checked out the ISY Cookbook and it would appear there's a way to set it up as "Trigger Reverse". Wouldn't that give you the status you want to be correct on a reboot? Sadly, I don't know anything about them other than what's in the Cookbook, but sounds like you might not have set it up as outlined in the cookbook. 

The cookbook even mentioned the issue of not showing the correct status after query, but that was mentioned to have been fixed in FW 2.7.4 (loooong time ago). 

Anyway, glad you seem to have it worked out for your need. But it might be worth reviewing the cookbook (link is in the UDI Wiki) and maybe setting up those devices again to display correctly. 

@GeddyYeah, the I/O Linc sensor status is always correct after a query, but act of doing a query seems to trip the relay when it's in reverse trigger mode.  I have no idea why.  Also, doing a query changes the status which trips my programs, so I'd have to also delay my programs until after I did the query.  I finally gave up and stopped using Reverse Trigger.  I use an I/O linc to monitor things like my alarm siren, which is normally open.  Programs like MobiLinc assume the I/O link sensor is attached to something normally closed all their icons, include their siren icon, are set up normally closed.  That's mostly why I wanted to reverse it.  In any event, they work flawlessly if used without Reverse Trigger.

• Like 1