Support Thread: 5.0.16C (ISY994)

Athlon

12 minutes ago, Techman said:

I don't yet have a portal account. When I try to log into the temporary portal option using my admin console credentials It's rejected. 

In case you haven't tried the login to the right should be used.

1 hour ago, Techman said:

I don't yet have a portal account. When I try to log into the temporary portal option using my admin console credentials It's rejected. 

You can go to https://my.isy.io/index.htm

then click create a new account. this will allow you to create a portal account.   You can't connect your ISY to it however, without subscribing to the portal service.  The portal account is however UDI's new single sign on service. 

I just saw the climate module uninstall popup. All news to me, did not get an email. I don't drop by the forums often, unless I have a problem, perhaps my bad. Logged into my account, all the notifications were left unchecked, so obviously why I never got the notice.

I created an account on the ISY portal. Does this account get merged with my account logging in the usual way?

Once you have an ISY portal account, what do I do next, to restore my climate access? I am noticing now that I get a climate module uninstall, and an ISY portal install message. Don't want to execute that, until I know what I have to do with the ISY Portal to get climate access back.

Do I have to rewrite any affected code?

Will my ISY still work to do what it has been doing, or do I now have to buy new hardware?

Is there a general information page for the ISY Portal?

When will my current climate access go INOP?

* Orest

Edited by oskrypuch
37 minutes ago, oskrypuch said:

I just saw the climate module uninstall popup. All news to me, did not get an email. I don't drop by the forums often, unless I have a problem, perhaps my bad. Logged into my account, all the notifications were left unchecked, so obviously why I never got the notice.

I created an account on the ISY portal. Does this account get merged with my account logging in the usual way?

Once you have an ISY portal account, what do I do next, to restore my climate access? I am noticing now that I get a climate module uninstall, and an ISY portal install message. Don't want to execute that, until I know what I have to do with the ISY Portal to get climate access back.

Do I have to rewrite any affected code?

Will my ISY still work to do what it has been doing, or do I now have to buy new hardware?

Is there a general information page for the ISY Portal?

When will my current climate access go INOP?

* Orest

Hi Orest,

It's been a long time my friend hope you're doing well. The link @DaveStLou provided will offer the majority of the insight you need. But, to affirm you will need to re-point any programs to whatever weather service you decide upon.

Here is a quick break down I relayed to another forum member: 

Thanks! @Teken and @DaveStLou.

I'm getting squared away.

I have a portal account now, and added my ISY's UUID, it remains pending as I haven't installed the portal module.

I do need to upgrade from 16B to 16C, first.

Then, I need to install the new portal module into my ISY. But, it seems that it will also remove the climate module in the same step. I can't do just one of these.

Two practical questions ...

Q) When the climate module is uninstalled, what happens to all the climate references in the code? Will they be nulled out, or will they still be recognizable, making it easier to replace them in the code?

Q) Installing something like openweather in the portal will get me access to the weather again. But, I presume I will have to rewrite the climate statements, referencing those new sources? Is the syntax similar?

* Orest

Thanks! @Teken and @DaveStLou.
I'm getting squared away.
I have a portal account now, and added my ISY's UUID, it remains pending as I haven't installed the portal module.
I do need to upgrade from 16B to 16C, first.
Then, I need to install the new portal module into my ISY. But, it seems that it will also remove the climate module in the same step. I can't do just one of these.
Two practical questions ...
Q) When the climate module is uninstalled, what happens to all the climate references in the code? Will they be nulled out, or will they still be recognizable, making it easier to replace them in the code?
Q) Installing something like openweather in the portal will get me access to the weather again. But, I presume I will have to rewrite the climate statements, referencing those new sources? Is the syntax similar?
* Orest

If there is any doubts I would first make a solid backup. Then disable all weather related programs so it doesn’t cause any havoc.

From there you can delete that weather pointer and write yourself a note in the text field for reference.

After the Node Server (Openweather) is installed just point to that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, of course I have backups. But in these instances I will also do a full text export, so I can refer to it should that be necessary.

And, it looks like it will be necessary. I've observed in the past when a module gets pulled, you get involved statements converted to null references, which hides the logic.

Oh well.

* Orest

Solution found for Mini-remote:

I upgraded to v.5.0.16C and now my Insteon Mini-remote didn't  work.  I tried to "restore" it and that didn't work.  I tried removing it and then re-adding it to "my lighting" and it wouldn't add back in.    It required a "factory reset" and then it would add back in.

Mini Remotes

1. Turn off Mini Remote by sliding the power switch to the right

2. Press and hold the set button while sliding the power switch to the left

3. Continue holding the set button until the beep stops

4. Release the set button. You should hear two beeps confirming that your Mini Remote has been reset

45 minutes ago, EVaughan said:

I am trying to upgrade to 5016, but what file to I select? On the mac, it downloaded a directory called Insteon_5, and I can't select the directory, when I do, it then drills down and asks me to choose from subdirectories Web, Def and Code. ??

Follow instructions on page 1 of this topic :

3.  Download firmware

-  ISY 994i Series including Z-Wave support

-  ISY 994i ZW, Z, or ZS Series (Z-Wave/Zigbee and/or if you do NOT have a PLM)

4.  Login to the Admin Console and choose Help | Manually Upgrade [the name of your system]

5.  Choose the file downloaded in step 3

6.  After the upgrade, You must clear your Java Cache

Edited by asbril
  • Like 1
On the mac, it downloaded a directory called Insteon_5

Yep - MACs will automatically expand .zip files when you download them. You need to use the .zip file without it being extracted!  There is a setting somewhere to stop macs from doing this I think....

• Like 1

When I download zipped files on my Mac using Safari, the zipped file is placed into the Downloads folder and is not unzipped. If however, you click on the zip file (which will look like a folder), then it is automatically unzipped and the contents are available in Finder, under the zip file name. Caveat: I am running the latest version of OSX, and I believe the auto unzipping occurred in an older version of the O/S or Safari, according to Preferences settings.

On 7/12/2020 at 2:02 PM, MWareman said:

On the mac, it downloaded a directory called Insteon_5

Yep - MACs will automatically expand .zip files when you download them. You need to use the .zip file without it being extracted!  There is a setting somewhere to stop macs from doing this I think....

thank you. 

• Like 1
I just upgraded from 4 to 5 and I would say at least 50% of my programs have yellow icons and when you click on they say "not loaded" under activity and under status it says "out of memory"  how do I fix this? Thanks

You’ll need to go into each program and update the system to point to whatever resource it was ask to invoke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just updated to Java V8.261 and the ISY Launcher will not launch.

1. Downloaded V8.261 for Java released on 7/14 and installed. Install went fine. 

2. Rebooted the Mac

3. Cleared Java Cache in Settings as instructed

4. Downloaded the launcher at https://isy.universal-devices.com/start.jnlp

5. Every time it starts, it appears in the dock, nothing appears on the screen, and then it just shuts down. 

Mac OS Catalina 10.15

Any ideas/help appreciated. 

Edited by EVaughan
Need to add data
1 hour ago, EVaughan said:

Yes. But days ago. Admin console has been working fine, and does still on another Mac. Just this Mac, which also was working, stopped. Seems related to the Java update, since that is the only difference between the Macs. 

Have you tried to increase Java memory ?