Support Thread: 5.0.16C (ISY994)

Athlon

18 hours ago, EVaughan said:

Yes. But days ago. Admin console has been working fine, and does still on another Mac. Just this Mac, which also was working, stopped. Seems related to the Java update, since that is the only difference between the Macs. 

I did the Java update, have Catalina 10.15, and no problems.  Did you try deleting installed applications and applets and then re-download the launcher?

Screen Shot 2020-07-18 at 2.46.22 PM.png

@KPuza

Did you try admin / admin?  See section below in the first post in this topic.  Does that describe your situation?  If not, I seen some other post about a bad SD card.  

On 10/11/2019 at 9:00 AM, Chris Jahn said:

Important User/Password changes:

-      If your current version is 5.0.7 or earlier, then after installing 5.0.8 or later your userid and password will be reset back to the system default.

-      If you restore a backup created from 5.0.7 or earlier, your userid and password will be reset back to the system default.

-      If you downgrade from version 5.0.8 or later to version 5.0.7 or earlier then after installing version 5.0.7 or earlier, you will have to Factory Reset the ISY and optionally install a backup taken in that version or earlier.

Edited by Whitehambone
tagged wrong member
On 7/18/2020 at 1:52 PM, Whitehambone said:

I did the Java update, have Catalina 10.15, and no problems.  Did you try deleting installed applications and applets and then re-download the launcher?

Screen Shot 2020-07-18 at 2.46.22 PM.png

Thanks, yes, I just did that, have the same issue. 

23 hours ago, Mecheng70 said:

Have you tried, After you remove the apps and go to reinstall the start program, hold the option key, right click ( to get the menu) and click open.  

Only need to do this to install it.  After that it opens fine. Also change the memory.  

Just tried that as well, and still the same issue. I also changed the memory (added -Xmx9000M to runtime parameters in the JVM console. Still no luck!

I have problems with this latest ISY 5.x release, hue and polyglot, and using fade up/down/stop to control colors.

> ISY becomes unresponsive, requiring AC hard reset. Error log says: System    -170001    [UDSockets] HTTP:27 error:6

Here's the program:

1. if remote control - D is switched fade up
  2. then
    1. repeat every 1 seconds
      1. $lauren_hue += 6000
      2. set hue bridge/lauren1 set hue '$lauren_hue raw'
      3. set hue bridge/lauren2 set hue '$lauren_hue_raw'

I have 2 other helper programs:

• If lauren_hue var grows too big, it resets it to 0.
  • If fade stop is encountered, it kills the program.

A few questions:

• Is this a poor way of going about this? Can you suggest an improvement?
  • Perhaps main program starts a 3rd helper program that waits 15 seconds and then kills the fade up program, in case fade stop is missed? or perhaps I do a repeat 20 times and add a sleep 1 second statement?
  • Any idea on how a once/second command can completely overwhelm all ISY resources requiring a hard reset / power unplug? This seems really fragile ... This fragility seems to have arrived with 5.x, 4.x seemed like it was consistently faster to respond and much more stable.

Thanks for any help!

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Hi Currently on 4.8.0 and trying to upgrade to 5.0.16  clicking on the link on the first page does not get me to a download image. Also tried searching online and i get redirected to that specific forum page.

Am I missing something? It shouldnt be dthis diffucult to find the download file

I've had this happen before.  In my case it was EITHER because I'm using Linux (which shouldn't matter, but there was much finger pointing at it) or WiFi (mostly about stability).  I can't promise which solved it, though I still use linux on a wired connection and it generally works.  

For whatever it's worth ;-)