Eisy connection to PLM

Rex G
Go to solution Solved by DennisC,

Most appreciated Dennis.  My current ISY994i is working so I will wait for the USB to come out this month.  That eliminated my confusion!  I wasn't sure my old PLM was considered a serial device.  Thank you!

1 hour ago, rgruenwald said:

Most appreciated Dennis.  My current ISY994i is working so I will wait for the USB to come out this month.  That eliminated my confusion!  I wasn't sure my old PLM was considered a serial device.  Thank you!

Remember, PLM can fail, it might be a good idea to have a spare around. Or, possibly order the cable so you can upgrade now and keep the USB PLM as a spare.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Yes, but you have to cut off the RJ45 and crimp on a new one.

See the following post.

https://forum.universal-devices.com/topic/40305-serial-plm-to-usb-adapter-alternative/
  • Like 1
3 minutes ago, nowandthen said:

I just thought if the cable I referenced eliminated the the adapter, then I would go that route.

It does eliminate the need for an adapter to go from RJ45 to DB9 to USB. Just the issue is you then need to alter the RJ45 to only use the wires needed on the PLM or you risk issues. I think it's been mentioned elsewhere that something could happen, but forget where.

With the UDI kit you'll use the proper pinout for the RJ45 to DB9 adaptor. From there you then use the Serial to USB cable to connect to the eisy.

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, ArunGupta2014 said:

None of these cables will connect the 2413S to the eisy. These cables DO NOT have RJ45 to USB connection.

That is exactly what the cable set was designed to do. Look at the photo again. You have to use all the cables and connector included in the kit.

The RJ45 cable plugs into the PLM, the other end goes into the serial converter, and the remaining cable goes from converter to USB and plugs into eisy.

• Like 4