Support thread for: PG3 v3.1.20 (April 11, 2023)

On 5/16/2023 at 8:48 PM, dbwarner5 said:

Maybe a simple interim answer would be to have 'admin' type of postings for releases for each NS section of the forum so at least there is a place to validate each one?

This would be up to the developer of each node server to make a post when new releases are available. Several do, but many do not. Additionally, if people follow the root of the node server forum area they would get notifications of new topics created. Many developers seem to be editing or replying to prior posts and that does not trigger any notification to anybody following a topic area. However, following also notifies of other new topics, so not always an easy/clean option. 

Hopefully @bpwwer and @Michel Kohanim can move the update alert up the importance list soon as it does seem to be a missing link in keeping node servers updated. However, it should be one of the first steps in troubleshooting issues is to simply check if there is a node server update available if/when something isn't working as expected. 

I think the method @macjeff mentions of sorting by modified column is great. But can't see doing that "daily". Maybe once a week for casual review. If I wasn't as active on the forums I could see going weeks (or maybe months) between the time I log in to my Polyglot dashboard. That's the joy of the reliability of what's running on my system. 

• Like 2