Is Side by Side migration of ISY to EISY possible?

BONeil

Getting ready to flip the switch here. I have quite a few devices both insteon and zwave, along with a ton of Elk sensors and automation that is going to break.

Ideally, I would like to have both systems online at the same time to compare the programs against each platform. My hopeful process is outlined below, but would like to understand caveats with the bridges (insteon PLM, Zwave, Elk etc) while they are in an 'offline' or disconnected state during comparison. This is based on the migration guide.

1. Assign unique IP addresses for EISY and ISY

2. Restore backup on EISY, keep PLM on ISY, do not attach zwave\matter radio to EISY yet

3. Do the compare, fix the programs and variables with two admin consoles

4. Decomission ISY

4.a Power down ISY

4.b attach PLM and Zwave radio to EISY

4.c Configure settings in EISY to begin using PLM and ZWAVE

4.d Remove ISY from portal

Thanks Mr Bill, a reboot is fine. Not looking for full continuity of uptime. Just make my reference of the old system easier.

Actually, to add to this, I'd like to find a way to keep the ISY around after step 4 in case I need to refer back to a program of variable. 

1 hour ago, BONeil said:

Actually, to add to this, I'd like to find a way to keep the ISY around after step 4 in case I need to refer back to a program of variable. 

just make a text backup of your 994 programs... Right Click "My Programs" (or whatever the root program folder name is) and selected Copy Folder to Clipboard.  Open any very basic editor that won't try to format the text, windows Notepad is a great choice, (but not the 3rd party Notepad+), click into the notepad window and paste your clipboard (ctrl-V) into notepad, then File > Save As.  

• Like 2