Bad Request When Saving New Program

gadgetfreak
Go to solution Solved by bmercier,

I launched the Admin Console in the usual manner and got a few device errors (which is not uncommon). I tried to create a new program but, when I clicked "Save Changes", I got an error "Bad Request" and it didn't save. I attempted to clear the Java Cache and relaunch the console but nothing. I am on the latest firmware. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance. 

28 minutes ago, gadgetfreak said:

I launched the Admin Console in the usual manner and got a few device errors (which is not uncommon). I tried to create a new program but, when I clicked "Save Changes", I got an error "Bad Request" and it didn't save. I attempted to clear the Java Cache and relaunch the console but nothing. I am on the latest firmware. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance. 

The first thing to always check is Help > About to see if your Firmware and UI versions match. 

30 minutes ago, gadgetfreak said:

I am on the latest firmware.

This is the most maddening statement people in forums across the world make. What's the latest firmware?  Some seem to think that means 5.3.0 which was the only revision of V5 to have the words "official release" attached.  In reality 5.3.4 is the latest firmware... Unless there's a 300 series z-wave board involved then it's 5.0.16C.

It also doesn't help anyone that lands on this post later, trying to diagnose there own problem because they must know what "latest firmware" is on the date of original posting.

36 minutes ago, gadgetfreak said:

I attempted to clear the Java Cache and relaunch the console but nothing.

Did you check the box to include "installed applications and Applets"?  What are you relaunching exactly?  If it's the Launcher Icon on your desktop, then you didn't included "installed applications and applets" when you cleared.  The best think to do is download a fresh copy of the launcher, and reinstall it.

39 minutes ago, gadgetfreak said:

relaunch the console but nothing

What does that mean?  That nothing happaned?  you saw nothing on the screen?  if so you might need to delete your .state files.  https://wiki.universal-devices.com/index.php?title=Main_Page#Admin_Console_Minimized/Invisible_and_Cannot_be_Restored

Thank you for your reply. To address your comments:

1) image.png.d324b09eb9aaca788d2a5f18a63d14f9.png

Yes. Firmware and UI match.

2) You could look at it a different way too. If I listed the exact version, the someone later on may think this issue is that they didn't update. I just wanted to be clear that I knew I was on the latest. But you are correct. I should have stated I am on 5.3.4, the Firmware and UI match and that, as of this posting, it was the latest available version.

3) Yes, I cleared "Installed applications...". I then clicked on the start.jnlp application I redownloaded from the UD wiki.

4) Sorry, I should have been more clear: "Nothing changed. Same error as before".

Since I tried actually putting items in the new program call Keurig and got the error, I decided to just create the new proram now, press save and see what happens so I don't waste time again. Nothing I have done helped rectify this:

image.thumb.png.12824badcd0179603b4d6f3703cbe45d.png

Have you tried accessing the admin console from a different computer?  I have had issue with the Java applet on one computer and simultaneously not on a different one.  Though not this particular issue.  The other thing to try is a reboot of ISY.  

For my rant of the day.  The Java thing has always been a PITA but UD really doesn't want to change it.  In the old days, Ctrl-Alt-Del/end task was something you had to do for almost any application periodically as they would hang.  Well, MS seems to have fixed that maybe a decade ago, except for this Java console.  I still find that it hangs and needs an "end task" maybe once a month or something.  Clearly, something is not coded right.  Not sure if it is Java itself or the UD applet.  To the best of my knowledge, UD is the only Java applet I have need of use.

42 minutes ago, gadgetfreak said:

On a different computer, I completely uninstalled and reinstalled Java. I am still getting that error :(. I also rebooted my ISY. Same error :(.

Do you get the same error as @TSinclairon UD Mobile?

39 minutes ago, TSinclair said:

Just for fun, I tried to create a new program as well as program folder using UDMobile.

Now I've never used UD Mobile to do that before, so I don't even know if it should work, but received the error "Could not get programs data".

It should work.  Please open a ticket and we will take a look.  Please included a zipped copy of ISY backup file and UUID.  Also let us know if you have ISY Portal as I may be able to run a remote diagnostic with your approval.

Sadly, I can confirm above errors are happening in IoX and UD Mobile (I just get the "Could not get programs data" error like @TSinclair). Unable to create a new program (worked fine on admin console yesterday). 

Adding to the oddity (for me), after I close Admin Console when I try to run it again I get a "Cannot determine a valid Java Home". I have removed Java, rebooted, installed Java, rebooted and still have this error. If I clear java cache and then run start.jnlp again it will load admin console just fine, but next attempt has issue. 

@gadgetfreak are you logging in locally or through portal access?

image.png.ef91c96e36bc916d06054a37ddfc8317.pngI am I was logging in through portal access (the second entry). I can confirm that the error does NOT appear when accessing the ISY on the LAN. I am able to save a new program. Good thought! So at least I have a workaround for now. Thank you. Please advise when you can get the portal access working. Thanks.

• Thanks 1