Having trouble installing

Go to solution Solved by DennisC,

@Xcaliblur Welcome to the forums. 

When you install the nodes server make sure you select a slot for them to install into. It's defaulted to "Select Slot". If you forget to do that and hit Install it should give you an error on the lower right that says "Node server slot not selected". It goes back to the main install screen. If it was one that you purchased then it would show up in your purchased list, but it hasn't been installed because of a missing slot to install it into.

image.png

• Like 1

Try going to the tab in PG3x that says Node Server Store. When the list comes up, look for the node server in question in the left hand column. Click on the name of the node server, and if you have successfully purchased the node server, you should see a line that indicates version, price and under Purchase column there should be an Install button. 

When you click on install you should be able to select a slot.

Also note, if the node server was already installed, half way done the page there should be a button that sats Reinstall here? next to the slot the node server is already installed in.

• Like 2

@Geddy

This is all I get when I press install or reinstall. There is nowhere to select a slot. Sometimes, pressing the install button does not show anything at all. Is there something that I am supposed to do from the Eisy admin console before I can install the server nodes? My dashboard is empty as well. None of the nodes show up there. 

Screenshot 2023-05-05 115227.png

Screenshot 2023-05-05 115634.png

• Solution

Do you know what firmware version you are running on your eisy? Have you rebooted eisy after the last upgrade? What version of PG3x are you on? It should tell you on the bottom of the initial PG3x screen.

Your eisy should be on v5.6.0 and PG3x should be on v3.1.25. If your are on these versions, try rebooting eisy by 5 presses of the multi function button.

If you are not on the most current versions listed above, try updating by 1 press of the multi function button. After eisy restarts you should clear your Java cache, including checking all 3 boxes when you delete files, and download a new version of start.jnlp. Run the downloaded file and you will get a new IoX Launcher on your desktop. 

After confirming you can get in, reboot eisy one more time by pressing the multi function button 5 times.

Then check on PG3x again, if you were not on the latest before, you should see a note that PG3x needs to be restarted. You can do that from the System tab.

• Thanks 1