Communications Breakdown

vmastros

I have an ISY 994i controlling an Insteon system. Lately, my programs operate on a hit-and-miss basis. I don't know if it is the ISY or the PLM. Things seem to work OK using Alexa. I have done a factory reset on the PLM with no improvement. The ISY seems to report the correct status of devices so I think they do communicate. The remote controls seem to work fine. So, I'm confused. Where is the communications breakdown, with the ISY or with the PLM. Is there a test for these devices? 

thanks for the help.

47 minutes ago, vmastros said:

Things seem to work OK using Alexa.

The ISY seems to report the correct status of devices so I think they do communicate.

Sounds like intermittent power line noise at first glance.   It can be hard to track down.  Anything new plugged in or installed in the home that wasn't there before?   I once had a deep fryer in the kitchen that would stop insteon signals but only when it was plugged in.

If it's specific devices you might try right clicking the device and picking "Restore Device".

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/12/2023 at 8:29 AM, lilyoyo1 said:

Firmware and UI? What did the event show when you set it to level 3? Is it all devices or specific ones? Are you controlling specific devices or scenes

Both the firmware and UI are v 5.3.4

So.............I re-did some of the programs and everything seems to working just fine. Except for one thing. I have a 2476D light switch which the admin console says it cannot communicate with. However, that switch is part of a program and the program runs as expected. Since it is working, I'm not going to mess with it. Just curious about the light switch status.  Thanks for helping me. I appreciate it.

• 2 weeks later...

The saga continues. I have one device, 18:EA:C7, a 2477D, that is supposed to come on 1 minute before sunset. I cannot interpret the log, but it appears that the ISY is sending a command and the switch is not responding. The program does also have a command to turn off the switch at 1 a.m. which does seems to work. What is happening to the "on" part of the program? I have attached the log. Here is the entry when it is supposed to turn on.

Mon 05/29/2023 07:55:38 PM : [ 18 EA C7 1] ST 38 (uom=100 prec=0)

thanks for your coments.

ISY-Events-Log.v5.3.4__Tue 2023.05.30 09.06.53 AM.txt

@vmastros

Are your firmware and UI the same version?

Can you post a copy of your program

Also, run a diagnostics on the switch.  Right click on the device, click on show device links table, after the window fully populates, click on compare at the bottom of the window. Does it then show any mismatched links?