Support thread for: PG3x v3.1.27 (May 22, 2023)

Thanks @bpwwer. Was able to upgrade without issue. Just allowed time while I did other work and came back, opened Admin Console and it said it was updated, needing the reboot. Allowed it to reboot and got notification from UD Mobile that eisy went offline and online and a little later tried web access and all was as expected.

Well done! 

I updated PG3 and lost the iox finder. Tried running a new launcher. then 

1. In IoX Launcher, click on the Add button
  2. Enter https://192.168.1.122:8443/desc into the dialog. Note 192.168.1.122 is an example. You should use the IP address for your eisy.
  3. Click on the OK button
  4. still not working says not found

Insteon Only Home no Z-Wave

Updated PoliSy from 3.1.26 to 3.1.27
AC => Upgrade Packages (~two minutes and then 5 beeps)
AC => Reboot (~1minute and then two beeps)

Refreshed PG3x and it showed version 3.1.27 and all NS's up and running. But Alexa wasn't responding saying devices can not be found and I had no control of devices via AC.

Two presses of the front panel button (Safe reboot) and PG3x web page and AC reported updating system. Not expected but OK. After 20 minutes of waiting for it to finish I tried to SSH into the box to see what was up; I couldn't connect. The front panel lights were all blinking and it seemed to be doing something, but I couldn't access it at all. I keep the system regularly updated so there was no reason for an extended update time. I then tried AC, SSH, and the web interface all no go.

So I did what any reasonable ex-IT weenie would do. I pulled the power plug out and went and made some toast, eat my toast and then plugged it back in and waited for a couple of minutes. IoX started up no issues. Alexa could again see my devices, PG3x started up and showed version 3.1.27, but the following NS's did not show their connect status in AC until I restarted each NS individually.

OpenWeatherMap

Virtual Buttons

This is a major improvement from past experiences when almost none of my 10 installed NS's would start completely without first restarting each NS manually. Even the LifX NS came right up and saw all of the LifX devices installed. This hasn't happened since I migrated from a RPi running PG2. Well miracles never cease! Well Done @bpwwer 👋

Just a final note on the Virtual Buttons NS. Even after a restart it would not give UDM status updates, however AC did show connected.

Individual NS status notifications are working for all but the Virtual Buttons NS, and flooded my phone with messages during the reboots! Again a really nice additional feature! Thank you UD and team!

NS's that just worked without issue:

TimeData
HarmonyHub
LifX 
Virtual Devices
Volumio
Plex-WebHook
ST-Inventory
Kasa

• Like 1
4 hours ago, kzboray said:

@dbwarner5

Upgrading to PG3x

• Enable PG3x: https://polisy.local:8443/rest/pg3x.enable
  • Reboot and wait for a beep + 1. Migrating node servers from PG3 to PG3x might take up to 2 minutes per node server. So, please be patient
  • Once all node servers show connected, reboot again.

Thanks.. loaded the https page.. received this response: <This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.>

Nothing was below. I rebooted PG3 several times, with long delays in between. Not sure how to tell if anything happened as it's still showing PG3 Version 3.1.21  on the main screen. 

I went into AC and did another package upgrade. nothing happened. 

Do I need to reboot the whole Polisy for PGx to take affect? (Reboot and wait for a beep + 1.)

Am also seeing the following in the log, not sure if it's related or not.

16:44:34 [pg3] warn: MQTTS: keepaliveTimeout: pg3frontend_z8ggT 5/23/2023, 16:44:34 [pg3] error: MQTTS: clientError: pg3frontend_z8ggT keep alive timeout 5/23/2023, 16:44:34 [pg3] info: MQTTS: Client Disconnected: pg3frontend_z8ggT 5/23/2023, 16:44:39 [pg3] info: MQTTS: Client Connected: pg3frontend_z8ggT 

Thanks.

Edited by dbwarner5
18 minutes ago, dbwarner5 said:

Thanks.. loaded the https page.. received this response: <This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.>

Nothing was below. I rebooted PG3 several times, with long delays in between. Not sure how to tell if anything happened as it's still showing PG3 Version 3.1.21  on the main screen. 

I went into AC and did another package upgrade. nothing happened. 

Do I need to reboot the whole Polisy for PGx to take affect? (Reboot and wait for a beep + 1.)

Am also seeing the following in the log, not sure if it's related or not.

16:44:34 [pg3] warn: MQTTS: keepaliveTimeout: pg3frontend_z8ggT 5/23/2023, 16:44:34 [pg3] error: MQTTS: clientError: pg3frontend_z8ggT keep alive timeout 5/23/2023, 16:44:34 [pg3] info: MQTTS: Client Disconnected: pg3frontend_z8ggT 5/23/2023, 16:44:39 [pg3] info: MQTTS: Client Connected: pg3frontend_z8ggT 

Thanks.

Thats correct.  It is just a flag that turns on.  I just did it on a second Polisy I have and worked fine

1. run command but I would replace polisy.local with your IP address of polisy which I had to do

https://polisy.local:8443/rest/pg3x.enable

2. it will give you the normal Https insecure warning but find option to go to page anyways

3. Should ask you to login and login with polisy credentials

4. you will get the XML error you said.  Its because its just setting a flag

5. Power Cycle Polisy AND WAIT.   Took 30 min on mine.

6. Empty Browser cache or try adding ? to the end of your Polisy URL which should force it to load without cache.

7. Pg3 should now say pg3x.  Make sure all the nodeservers are running.

8. Then I had to reboot Polisy one more time because ISY was acting strange- happened on both polisy's but a second reboot fixed.

the important thing is be patient.  If you restart it too soon I am not sure what will happen.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
26 minutes ago, gviliunas said:

@dbwarner5 I'm using Chrome. Polisy came back as pg3x bit no node servers. I try waiting as see if they appear.

It took a while for mine to appear.  Like I said at least 30 min.  I am worried if you restarted again before its done what will happen.

One thing I did not mention is create a backup first!!  I did not need it but you can never over backup

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, gviliunas said:

Hmmmm. My PG3X conversion seems to be stuck. I've been looking at this page for a long time and nothing changes.

Tried entering an IoX per the eisy wiki (IoP, localhost, port 8080, credentials) but no change.

pg3x Stuck.jpg

That looks like the browser cache issue.  

try another browser you have not used.  

1 hour ago, gviliunas said:

Hmmmm. My PG3X conversion seems to be stuck. I've been looking at this page for a long time and nothing changes.

Tried entering an IoX per the eisy wiki (IoP, localhost, port 8080, credentials) but no change.

pg3x Stuck.jpg

Looks like PG3x is not running.  If PG3x was running it would connect fairly quickly, but then take a while to migrate node servers.

the "Upgrade" process doesn't always result in things starting backup properly so a full system reboot or even power cycle is needed to get everything properly restarted.  So if you've been waiting for 15 or 30 minutes with no change, power cycle.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, bpwwer said:

Looks like PG3x is not running.  If PG3x was running it would connect fairly quickly, but then take a while to migrate node servers.

the "Upgrade" process doesn't always result in things starting backup properly so a full system reboot or even power cycle is needed to get everything properly restarted.  So if you've been waiting for 15 or 30 minutes with no change, power cycle.

.  Bob    I had that exact issue on both polisy units  and it turned out to be browser cache.   I downloaded some other browser like opera and it worked fine and then I just cleared all the data in my browser for polisy and then it worked  

So if I restart does not fix it then try browser.  

3 hours ago, gviliunas said:

@macjeffTHANK YOU! You were exactly correct. I tried access via Edge and I now have PG3x running. Thanks for saving me from myself!

Its very strange but I am glad you listened.  I have almost the exact screenshot from my machines.  Thats why I recognized it. 

There are TWO steps I told Michel that need to be added to the upgrade procedure.

First is to go into the browser and delete all site data for your polisy.  (not everything)  Then it should work

I am a mac user so I think they thought it might be a mac browser issue but mentioning EDGE you probably are using a PC though they do have Edge for mac now. 

The second is after everything looks fine, reboot polisy one more time.  I had some VERY STRANGE ISY issues after the upgrade.  Got to the point I could not even access it with admin console.  One more reboot and ran for 2 weeks just fine until I did the Manual PG3x update this past week.

Since installing this upgrade my nodeservers will go offline and come back every couple of hours. Shows on UD Mobile as Fail then connected....Have 72 notifications on ud mobile from last night. The fail and connected notices are both the exact same time.

Not really affecting anything that I can tell, just annoying to see them.

Tried rebooting/restarting everything. Also tried installing the upgrade package again.

Edited by drprm1