HomeKit support

SSS

6 hours ago, brians said:

Michel said earlier in this thread (look up above) that they are investigating using Homebridge inside EISY so they must have some sort of plan/discussion about it if they actually go ahead with this. It would be nice if they would do some sort of support for the integration as well to make sure it works bit better, and stays working, otherwise what is the point of adding Homebridge to EISY then?

Why would they do that for the isy? A system they have repeatedly shown through their words and actions is dead and gone? 

Besides, your own words even lessens the chance of that nodeserver or not. The fact that they would be writing code within the firmware itself rather than simply updating a few repositories and calling it a day makes that more likely. With that said, Michel has made plenty of similar statements about being inside the eisy while referring to noderservers.

It's unfortunate for isy users but reality is- it's dead. 

On 6/5/2023 at 6:44 AM, SSS said:

Quick question, so this implementation will not need a separate homebridge hub correct?

Correct.

20 hours ago, brians said:

If UD is going to make make Homebridge work on EISY, I wonder if they will be updating/supporting the Homebridge ISY plugin and bringing it up to date.

That's the plan.

With kind regards,
Michel

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
1 hour ago, lilyoyo1 said:

Why would they do that for the isy? A system they have repeatedly shown through their words and actions is dead and gone? 

Besides, your own words even lessens the chance of that nodeserver or not. The fact that they would be writing code within the firmware itself rather than simply updating a few repositories and calling it a day makes that more likely. With that said, Michel has made plenty of similar statements about being inside the eisy while referring to noderservers.

It's unfortunate for isy users but reality is- it's dead. 

I don’t mention ISY, but rather EISY.  The old plug-in which was referenced happens to have isy in name.

Homebridge is backwards to how a nodeserver would operate. They could still add it in the same PG3x interface anyway for lack of somewhere else to place.

Edited by brians

Ok now that are on track to see all eisy devices in HomeKit app, next question will be what devices will be seen in HomeKit native Insteon, Zwave which have direct support or others like echobee, Harmony which are added into eisy via PG3 

2 hours ago, brians said:

I don’t mention ISY, but rather EISY.  The old plug-in which was referenced happens to have isy in name.

Homebridge is backwards to how a nodeserver would operate. They could still add it in the same PG3x interface anyway for lack of somewhere else to place.

I misunderstood you earlier in regards to being able to use it with the ISY as well if they were to update everything for that as well. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.  I agree that I wont be able to sell my house for $ 2K more because I got $2k in home automation.

My system is also complex. My plan is to dumb it down when I move to use the most easy controller available at that time and probably integrate it with Alexa.  This will make it as simple as possible.  

It all depends on who the buyer is though.  They may be into automation or willing to make it a hobby.  Or they wont.  Highest bidder gets it regardless.  They could bulldoze the whole house for all I care  ;)

• Like 1