PG2 worked, PG3 not polling devices

macbannai
Go to solution Solved by Geddy,

I didn't have issues with PG2, but setting up PG3 I've added the 'bridge' key and the log accepts it, but keeping seeing this error message:

INFO       phue:connect: Error opening config file, will attempt bridge registration

ERROR    hue:connect: IP Address OK. Node Server not registered.

I've made multiple attempts of pressing the bridge button to initiate discovery, but keep getting the above error messages.  Any suggestions?

I'm on PG3x and the node server sees the bridge, but I'm unable to pull any of the bulbs.  The log keeps showing the following messages:

INFO       phue:connect: Error opening config file, will attempt bridge registration

What/where does my Node Server need to register?  Any idea how I can register my node server?

• 2 months later...
On 6/6/2023 at 1:13 AM, macbannai said:

Will try to help over here, but replied in other thread. After you remove the node server and re-install it let us know here if you're still getting the "Node Server not registered" alert. If you do you might need to open a support ticket to get assistance with getting the node server correctly registered with the device.

Deleted the nodeserver, re-added it.  I've added the bridges key variable only and right now this is the only thing that shows up in the nodeserver logs:

2023-08-22 20:36:00,331 Command    udi_interface.interface DEBUG    interface:_parseInput: DEQUEING shortPoll
2023-08-22 20:36:15,377 MQTT       udi_interface.interface DEBUG    interface:_message: QUEUING incoming message shortPoll
2023-08-22 20:36:15,379 Command    udi_interface.interface DEBUG    interface:_parseInput: DEQUEING shortPoll
2023-08-22 20:36:30,384 MQTT       udi_interface.interface DEBUG    interface:_message: QUEUING incoming message shortPoll
2023-08-22 20:36:30,386 Command    udi_interface.interface DEBUG    interface:_parseInput: DEQUEING shortPoll

• Solution

Just checked my settings currently. Somehow I don't even have the bridge address in the setup. 

Which bridge do you have? I think they have a v2 out as the current generation. It's the square shaped bridge.

Since it looks like you've gotten beyond the part about the node server not being registered you should be able to restart the node server and it should automatically query the bridge.

I might remove the address just to try it auto finding it. If you need it you can add the custom parameter in. Mine also doesn't have user/pass settings. I'd prefer not to have user/pass stored in the node server so hopefully manually linking as the node server starts up works out for you. If you want/need the user pass then you need to add them as custom parameters. 

Try this:

1. Open PG3x to Hue node server log
  2. Change log to "debug", turn off AutoScroll
  3. Press button on Hue Bridge
  4. Restart Node Server
  5. Manually scroll the log area watching the output.

Hopefully it will auto connect! Like I said...I set mine up a long time ago so I don't remember all the steps I went through if I had issues. So far it's working out okay.

I know there was talk about a new API being worked on by Hue and I think the developer was holding off adding "new" stuff to the node server until that API was finished. I'm not sure the status of that, but if there is new stuff hopefully it will get added. Works well for my current situation though so I'm not checking it out all the time.

• Like 2

WOW!  Thank you so much for helping.  I removed the "bridges" key variable and it was successful to auto discover the hub.  However, I did have to go through the restart process of the NS a couple times because the blue banner wouldn't clear, but the moment I pressed the Hue hub button and the light blue banner on the NS went away I knew something was different.

The NS logs however did not report anything during all this except the same as I posted above, but the event viewer in the admin console went crazy xxxx_huegrp references which was confirmation PG3 and the Hue hub were communicating. 

That officially worked, I'll post this on the other one so a solution is presented. 

• Like 1

@macbannai fantastic! Glad you got it to work. I'm sure you've done this (since it's been a "few" hours), but be sure you close and re-launch admin console. That should add the devices the node server finds. At least that's typical when new node servers are added or even any new devices added to a node server. Admin Console only adds new nodes on launch or some have the ability to query and it can get added. I usually make a habit of not having admin console open when making changes in PG3x since it needs to be relaunched anyway why have it open? I don't want to risk making changes in two different places and something not "take" and have to alter it again. In this case multi-tasking isn't always the quickest option. :D

If you're bouncing around in the web portion of PG3x the log will always be blank when you first click on it. The log only displays information from the point you begin viewing it forward. While it's always logging entries you won't see the historical side of it. You would need to download the log files to get that information. When I was testing last night I had the log set to debug and then hit restart and the log went crazy (super fast - that's why I suggested turning off auto-scroll). 

Anyway...glad it's working. Hopefully it fits your need.

@macbannai Glad you got it working.. one thing to note for future NS, I have found the blue banners can take a while to go away.. sometimes 5-10 minutes, or going back to the dashboard and then back to the NS. So I wouldn't worry about them initially if they are still hanging around after you have solved the issue it requested.  Cheers.