Migration not working as hoped

agoltz

Hi Everyone,

Wanted to see if anyone had any suggestions. I had an ISY 994 and bought an EISY. Followed the migration wiki (no zwave, only insteon), and backed up the 994 - restored to the eisy. 

Since I had a Serial PLM, I bought a new one from the Insteon store (USB) and replaced the old one, did a Restore Modem and am not in a situation where the ISY does not see the insteon devices turning on and off. However when I query the device, it updates to the correct status (light on / off).

When I look at the PLM links table it only has two links??? Which is weird. I have tried to reset and restore the PLM twice, and both times dont see more than two links. When I open the event viewer, it does not show events like lights turning on (and hence no programs run). But when I query the device, I get the correct status.

Im stumped. (also the Polyglot V3 on the eisy wont connect to the IOX server automatically, or when I enter the loopback address....)

there is something going on that I cannot figure out (I did transfer all the module licenses on the portal from my old ISY to the new one, so no going back.)

Support ticket has been opened, but wondering what else I haven't thought of. (THis is the part where you realize how useful programs like turn the lights on at dark, lower the curtains really are)

Thanks

Running 5.6.2 of IOX, I did clear the cache and download the new IOX finder. (it actually wont let you start IOX otherwise). The more I think about it - the more im focusing on why the devices dont have the new PLM address. Am going to rerun (again) the restore devices procedure (pain in the butt as I have to get a ladder and go get all the motion sensors down)

Is 70.1A.92 the address on the back of your new PLM? It appears that when you transitioned between ISY994 and eisy that something lost track of PLM addresses and doesn’t know you’ve swapped PLMs.

If PLM replace works it will write all device addresses to the new PLM and then move through each device and write the new PLM’s address to them.

Update - spoke to tech support. Did a restore and it worked for about an hour (programs). Then tried (unsuccessfully) to log into Polyglot 3 and IOX is no longer working.

So frustrating. Three full days doing this and it works for a bit, then dies. Full restore, works for a bit, then dies.

I will say though, that at least the New PLM (usb) now has a complete links table, so at the very least the PLM now sees all the devices. IOX does not register state changes (so when I turn a switch on, it does not show on on the Java App Console, but when I query it it will give a correct state)

Did that. Still nothing. I am trying to turn on a bathroom light, which in turn triggers a program to turn on the bathroom fan for 5 minutes. Worked perfectly on the 994 and now it wont even register the light as on. If I turn it on from the console (not the light switch) - the program runs. Checked the switches and they have been updated to point to the new PLM

Ok - now when I do an individual restore on that switch, the program runs........ Ugh - I did a RESTORE DEVICES three times, you would think this is not something that needs to be done each reboot. Still wondering whats going on as the old 994 was rock solid. 

So far Id rate this a 2/10 for experience. Should not be that hard.

Something went wrong with your original plm restore. That’s been fixed now but it sounds like the devices do not have links to the plm. By doing update device on each device now you will likely be good. I’d do a device at a time and confirm eISY and plm are seeing star changes.