Support Thread for IoX 5.6.3

6 minutes ago, landolfi said:

Just about to open a ticket.  Polisy with internal Zmatter board, upgraded from 5.6.2 to 5.6.3 and now the Zwave menu says Zmatter Z-Wave not responding. Node servers work, but all ZWave device queries fail.

Here were my upgrade steps. Did this 2X just in case:

a) upgrade packages, got 5 beeps.

b) clear Java cache

c) download fresh start.jnlp

d) multiple reboots/1 power cycle

Any other suggestions?

You might try checking and unchecking z-Wave and or zigbee checkboxes and do a Restart IoX. Maybe that will force it to do some cleanup.  As always be sure to do a backup.

image.jpeg.568ef29eab5341e6cfd3f40f743abdcc.jpeg

Edited by vbPhil
backup
  • Like 1
3 minutes ago, vbPhil said:

You might try checking and unchecking z-Wave and or zigbee checkboxes and do a Restart IoX. Maybe that will force it to do some cleanup.  As always be sure to do a backup.

Thanks, I tried that. When it restarts it initializes Zwave for a moment, then the initialization stops. Apparently the software is detecting the Zmatter board and rechecking the Zwave option automatically at restart.

My question: If I restore a 5.6.2 backup, will that downgrade IoX version in the process? Everything was rock solid on 5.6.2.

32 minutes ago, landolfi said:

Thanks, I tried that. When it restarts it initializes Zwave for a moment, then the initialization stops. Apparently the software is detecting the Zmatter board and rechecking the Zwave option automatically at restart.

My question: If I restore a 5.6.2 backup, will that downgrade IoX version in the process? Everything was rock solid on 5.6.2.

When you uncheck the Z-Wave support you have to click the save button before you restart IoX or else it does not hold the setting.

• Like 2
11 minutes ago, tazman said:

When you uncheck the Z-Wave support you have to click the save button before you restart IoX or else it does not hold the setting.

OK, I tried that too with the same result.

Restoring backup just reverted all my devices, programs, and settings to where they were at time of the backup, which was fortunately recent. Still IoX 5.6.3.

This could be a coincidental hardware failure of the Zmatter board, but I haven't had any issues until after doing the upgrade.

2 minutes ago, landolfi said:

OK, I tried that too with the same result.

Restoring backup just reverted all my devices, programs, and settings to where they were at time of the backup, which was fortunately recent. Still IoX 5.6.3.

This could be a coincidental hardware failure of the Zmatter board, but I haven't had any issues until after doing the upgrade.

Sounds like @Michel Kohanim is going to need to get involved in this one.  be sure to open ticket.

Just spitballing here but try shutdown, then remove zmatter from Eisy, then reinstall zmatter, they restart eisy to validate there isnt a bad connection on zmatter into Eisy.

Just now, TheA2Z said:

Sounds like @Michel Kohanim is going to need to get involved in this one.  be sure to open ticket.

Just spitballing here but try shutdown, then remove zmatter from Eisy, then reinstall zmatter, they restart eisy to validate there isnt a bad connection on zmatter into Eisy.

I did open a ticket. It's a Polisy and the Zmatter board is internal.

• Like 1
46 minutes ago, tazman said:

Interestingly, if I check the Zigbee option it works, it tries to discover devices. But Zwave doesn't work whether Zigbee is enabled or not.

I had a random EISY re-boot two days after updating to 5.6.3. Not sure if this is related to the update. This is the first time this has happened.

UPDATE: I just noticed that Zwave on my Zmatter board was unresponsive. I tried a re-boot which had no effect. I removed power from the EISY which corrected the problem.

Note: I had previously activated Zigbee (checked the box and saved the configuration), and had then de-activated it prior to the random re-boot and Zwave failure

Ticket submitted.

Edited by Techman
On 7/14/2023 at 9:15 PM, larryllix said:

Zigbee is a basic level protocol and almost every brand uses a different high level protocol. You would need specific driver that understands Hue's protocol and likely a different driver for every brand of device.

I tried my Philips Hue A19-E26 Colored Smart Bulb again but first I added it to the Hue Bridge and then deleted it. Hoping to reset it or something like that. I then put IoX in Add A Zigbee Device mode and it did find it and the bulb blinked for about a minute. It was added as ZB 52391.1 Unavailable and no controls were added to its page on the Main Tab. Looks like it was unsuccessful. There's data in X-Ray for it but I don't know what I'm looking at. I did try an Update with Interview but no help.

So anyway, just wanted to pass that along since @SSSasked the question.

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, vbPhil said:

It was added as ZB 52391.1 Unavailable and no controls were added to its page on the Main Tab. Looks like it was unsuccessful.

I tried Remove From Zigbee Network but it's not removing it. Looks like UDI Z-Wave all over again with a very unstable beginning. 

• Sad 1

I'm having trouble with my Zooz Zwave door open/close battery operated sensors. (Aside: I'm having to reinstall all my Zwave devices due to some sort of corruption while running 5.6.2 and have managed to restore thermostats and wall switches), but the open/close sensors don't work. Don't work => I can remove and add them back to the Zwave network, but then when I query the state I get nothing but a Request Failed dialog box. 

Anyone have insight into whether this is 5.6.3 related?

10 hours ago, AKAPADIA said:

I'm having trouble with my Zooz Zwave door open/close battery operated sensors. (Aside: I'm having to reinstall all my Zwave devices due to some sort of corruption while running 5.6.2 and have managed to restore thermostats and wall switches), but the open/close sensors don't work. Don't work => I can remove and add them back to the Zwave network, but then when I query the state I get nothing but a Request Failed dialog box. 

Anyone have insight into whether this is 5.6.3 related?

I have some battery Zooz devices but not the door sensors.  However, they may work the same.  Here is what I did to resolve similar problem.

1. Remove device from Eisy
  2. Factory reset the device.
  3. If you have ability to update the Firmware, do so.  I use a home assistant setup that makes it real easy.
  4. Here is where it gets fun.  Put eisy in add to zwave mode.
  5. Take sensor close to eisy and put in inclusion mode.
  6. Every 5 to 6 second wake the sensor again
  7. Repeat 6 until the sensor is included.

See if that works for you.

• Like 2
36 minutes ago, TheA2Z said:

I have some battery Zooz devices but not the door sensors.  However, they may work the same.  Here is what I did to resolve similar problem.

1. Remove device from Eisy
  2. Factory reset the device.
  3. If you have ability to update the Firmware, do so.  I use a home assistant setup that makes it real easy.
  4. Here is where it gets fun.  Put eisy in add to zwave mode.
  5. Take sensor close to eisy and put in inclusion mode.
  6. Every 5 to 6 second wake the sensor again
  7. Repeat 6 until the sensor is included.

See if that works for you.

@TheA2Z ^^ Excellent !

I just did over 100 Zooz FW updates (no bricks) and would also suggest:

Disable what you can on IoX to reduce network and log traffic (programs, node servers, etc).
Make sure the battery > 80% before inclusion
1' - 10' unobstructed view of zWave antenna.  This speeds things along greatly during interview

If you have SSH access:

sudo tail -f  -n 500 /var/isy/FILES/LOG/ZWAY.LOG

I found this helpful because:

It's a lot easier to observe what's actually happening on the zWave network
The device can still be actively communicating with IoX but the blue indicator may not always be flashing.

Once the zWave interview timeout reaches ~200-150, triple click the sensor to reawaken it.
This gives the unit more time to interview without getting (too) bogged down by spamming wakeups.
Repeat until the interview completes or the unit stops actively sending info other than wakeups.
You will quickly recognize what a good vs. bad inclusion looks like in the ZWay log and can respond appropriately.

Hope this helps 

I just connected my 1st zigbee test device. Its a "Third Reality" "Smart Plug GEN2" www.3reality.com, bought on aamazon for about $10 (4pack for $38)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0BPY5D1KC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s04?ie=UTF8&psc=1

THIRDREALITY ZigBee Smart Plug 4 Pack with Real-time Energy Monitoring,15A Outlet, Zigbee Repeater,ETL Certified,ZigBee Hub Required,Work with Home Assistant,Compatible Echo Devices and SmartThings

It was very quickly found/added to eisy. It has a single device field listed and functioning as an on/off switch.

It is supposed to report poser/energy use, but does not on eisy. I have not tried it elsewhere.

Thanks

44 minutes ago, Techman said:

@dbwarner5 @landolfi

Remove power from the eisy/polisy for 15 seconds. After it boots up Zwave should be working. Seems that there might be a bug in 5.6.3 that disables Zwave.

That was one of the many things I had tried. Did not work for me. I also tried it several times with UD support watching, so they know it did not help my situation.

Edited by landolfi