NodeServer Request: Feit and Wyze

I love these bulbs and these cams. They're cheap and they get the job done. I wish I could control the bulbs from my new eisy, and I wish I could use motion detection notifications from my wyze cams to trigger programs. I wish I had the skill to write these myself but I do not. Does anyone have a solution for either of these?

3 hours ago, Oakland Jeff said:

I love these bulbs and these cams. They're cheap and they get the job done. I wish I could control the bulbs from my new eisy, and I wish I could use motion detection notifications from my wyze cams to trigger programs. I wish I had the skill to write these myself but I do not. Does anyone have a solution for either of these?

Eisy can talk to Home assistant which may have the ability to work with those devices.

• Like 1

Thanks lilyoyo1, I looked into that, and while it does indeed seem possible, I don't really want to add and maintain a completely different home automation solution (which seems like a bear to spin up) just to use it as an in-between, nor do I want to re-flash the cams and bulbs with new firmware. I mean, I suspect I could maybe pull it off, but I was really hoping for something way simpler. I also learned in my travels on the interwebs that Wyze is more or less hostile to the hobbyist community and thus makes it very difficult if not impossible to write integrations, and I don't think Feit was much friendlier. I now understand why integrations don't exist for these very common, cheap, and in my experience reliable brands. Bummer! And again, thanks for the pointer to a valid solution. It's just not for me.

15 hours ago, Oakland Jeff said:

@Oakland Jeff I setup my brother using Wyze cam motion detection and IFTTT to trigger ISY programs through the portal.

He wanted to turn on a light on his patio when the Wyze cam detected motion for better recording resolution.

Works really well and simple to setup...

Thanks mmb. I was using IFTTT with my old ISY because there were no other options. I just kinda expected that there would be an equivalent that didn't rely on a third party cloud solution with the eisy... something that ran locally, whether it be a direct node server integration or something like locally running IFTTT.